BB16 General Discussion - part 2 (non-houseguest-specific)

Marty

BB needs to rethink Battle of the Block and give everyone incentives to fight for it instead of all this thowing comps.

Not only would be losers be not safe but there should be some other "punishment" for them (ie: becoming a have not, since Grodner refuses to give that up) and also a perk for the winners, like a phone call from home, a movie or something...anything that would make them really want to fight for it

The concept is entertaining but was not thoroughly thought out by production.  And I totally agree with you 6Borders, a major incentive to win and a major punishment for losing.  (ie Have not, miss out on a planned luxury comp, or even ineligible to play in next HOH comp).  These players were a test run for the concept of dual HOH...bet we see it again :)

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I ever liked the Battle of the Block. Maybe the first one was OK but they way they had to pick players keeps people from making good game moves.

BB needs to rethink Battle of the Block and give everyone incentives to fight for it instead of all this thowing comps.

Not only would be losers be not safe but there should be some other "punishment" for them (ie: becoming a have not, since Grodner refuses to give that up) and also a perk for the winners, like a phone call from home, a movie or something...anything that would make them really want to fight for it.

The concept is entertaining but was not thoroughly thought out by production.  And I totally agree with you 6Borders, a major incentive to win and a major punishment for losing.  (ie Have not, miss out on a planned luxury comp, or even ineligible to play in next HOH comp).  These players were a test run for the concept of dual HOH...bet we see it again :)

I disagree.

Throwing competitions is a legitimate strategy.

Sometimes, you can have more to gain by losing (a competition).

Dr. Will Kirby, winner of season 2, won mostly by throwing EVERY single competition, and by relying on his social game and puppet-master skills.

Dan Gheesling also laid low for most of his winning season.

Sometimes you have to lose small battles in order to win the big one.

Forcing players to win competitions (whether they by physical, mental, skill or whatever) interferes with their strategies, and can mess up their games big-time.

If they want to throw it, let them throw it.

Tacking on punishments in addition to losing will just make them grumpier and more boring to watch.

(As always, just one man's opinion!)

I disagree.

Dr. Will Kirby, winner of season 2, won mostly by throwing EVERY single competition, and by relying on his social game and puppet-master skills.

Forcing players to win competitions (whether they by physical, mental, skill or whatever) interferes with their strategies, and can mess up their games big-time.

Tacking on punishments in addition to losing will just make them grumpier and more boring to watch.

I agree Jedi - It is all part of strategy.

Yes Jedi and I agree with what you say in that it IS part of the game, but the BotB brings "throwing a comp" to a different level.  Will Kirby and others purposely threw comps as a strategy agree, but they never outright sat down and planned it like this with so many.....and so verbally!  Kirby didn't talk truthful strategy with ANYONE (he even lied to Mike).  Maybe what I don't like is the total lack of subtlety .........

And in another note:  I didn't like the blatant use of production to aide Frankie in his win and I don't like productions use in aiding Donny.  I wouldn't be surprise if a house guest cries "foul" at the end of this season.  Those old enough can remember the scandal of 64 Thousand Dollar Question game...I fear CBS may see the same outrage...

I disagree.

I agree, just like I believe that floating is also a strategy.

The only thing wrong this season is with throwing comps is that if effects more player's game than in a regular season with 1 HOH. 

Most of the time with throwing comps it's only us and the person who throws the comp that knows (from DR). This season they're all big mouths and it's deliberately used due to the dual HOH, so it's almost like cheating even though it's not.

I'm over this dual HOH, throwing comps, and little "help alongs" from mama Grod.

I agree with lamasquerade that floating is a legitimate strategy.  I've come to think that if you can float your way through; why not?  

I also agree that the dual HOH is a failed attempt at something or other totally unknown to me and best put to rest.

Up to this point, Derrick, Frankie and their flunkies, has called Donny a mastermind.  All I see in Donny is a guy treading water to get to the next round in an honest, straight forward way.  Apparently the DFF group has concluded that the only way a person can get this far in the game is to be as sleazy as they are.  Special shout out to Derrick who, like Al Capone, got his underlings to do the dirty work and kept his hands clean.   All will come out in the jury.

I agree with lamasquerade that floating is a legitimate strategy.  I've come to think that if you can float your way through; why not?  

I also agree that the dual HOH is a failed attempt at something or other totally unknown to me and best put to rest.

I actually think it takes more strategy, shrewdness, conniving ways, back stabbing, and effort to be a floater and remain in the game. If I can be told that sitting up in a room and directing HG traffic  week after week is a strategy, then why isn't floating considered a strategy too.

It's all perception of course.  As far as floaters go, Andy was the true master of the craft.  If they gave awards for floating, he'd get it.

Guest 6Borders

Yes Jedi and I agree with what you say in that it IS part of the game, but the BotB brings "throwing a comp" to a different level.  Will Kirby and others purposely threw comps as a strategy agree, but they never outright sat down and planned it like this with so many.....and so verbally!  Kirby didn't talk truthful strategy with ANYONE (he even lied to Mike).  Maybe what I don't like is the total lack of subtlety .........

And in another note:  I didn't like the blatant use of production to aide Frankie in his win and I don't like productions use in aiding Donny.  I wouldn't be surprise if a house guest cries "foul" at the end of this season.  Those old enough can remember the scandal of 64 Thousand Dollar Question game...I fear CBS may see the same outrage...

Agreed!  I don't like the blatent throwing of a comp (like Caleb did).  There was no way BB was going to let Frankie lose that...they might have had magnets under the balls to get his in or Donny/Zach's to drop...who knows!

I don't remember all that happened in BB2 (I( don't go back and watch past seasons so it's memory only) so I don't recall Will throwing comps.  In BB Dull Stars Will and Boogie just made a mockery out of the whole game, throwing comps and deliberately taking prizes and thowing their team under a fleet of buses and laughting about it.  The whole idea of BB Dull Stars was to haveBoogie win (the revival of ChillTown) and pull Will back into the game for ratings.  That season was probably the biggest BB joke ever.

The HG's constantly talk about production interference, and in the last few years it's been even more blatent and they have been more vocal talking about it.  I hate it but Grodner & Co. are not going to stop doing it no matter what we say or how we doth protest!  It's all about the money!!!

Guest 6Borders

Caleb is loser, boo hoo.

Yep, if Caleb didn't win of course it was someone else's fault or rigged for someone (didn't hear him saying the BoftheB comp that he sat out and Frankie won was rigged for Frankie...and Caleb did not turn down the football outing)!!

Sounds like maybe they all had ear mics.  Until we see the comp we won't know but it is possible that their teammates were directing them or they were communicating with each other, not necessarily that production was coaching them (either way, we will never really know).  Caleb said he kept hitting his head and Christine mentioned a couple of times that the only reason she didn't hit her head was she kept hitting her goggles.  It sounds just like a comp BB did in the past (can't remember what season) and I kept thinking that these fools were going to knock themselves out running into stuff, wake up and think they were on Wheel of Fortune or something.

It is also possible that Donny really is a 42 year old competition beast and with all that extra sleep he just showed up the youngun's!!!  :cheers:

Who do you think production wants to win the POV? Does production hope the noms stay the same or do they want someone backdoored?

Most of the other HG want Zach backdoored but I think he has a lot of fans right now and production might not want him to be evicted yet.

<---- not buying the mike telling Donny what to do just yet.

Am I right in thinking this Comp was played in the dark ?

(don't get me wrong... I might be crying FOUL after I see what the Comp was)

Better yet, he can start a reality reality investigation show and host it himself!  :lol2:

A reality reality investigation show where he single handedly takes down evil producers, sings country, pity dates homely girls to give them the biggest thrill they will ever have and then ends the show by killing a pig and giving it to her for a souvenir

A reality reality investigation show where he single handedly takes down evil producers, sings country, pity dates homely girls to give them the biggest thrill they will ever have and then ends the show by killing a pig and giving it to her for a souvenir

:giggle: