Derrick Levasseur (Week 8) - HoH2 (dethroned) + Team America

Marty

Derrick did not pick Christine to go up. All the pics were done by picking colored skittles and it was random. It was the great Skittle nomination ceremony. LOL

And whose idea was that?  That's what happens when you try to micromanage the game.  I hope he is so screwed this week.  I'm pulling for Frankie to make a big move.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And whose idea was that?  That's what happens when you try to micromanage the game.  I hope he is so screwed this week.  I'm pulling for Frankie to make a big move.

I think I remember is was Zach that threw out the idea of the Skittles picking the noms.

I think I remember is was Zach that threw out the idea of the Skittles picking the noms.

The game has come down to fairness, and they can't even choose or nominate who they want to because they can't show their real cards and get looked down on by their aliiance members for doing so.  It's a group effort, and it's going to bite some of them in the ass.  I think the difference in Derrick's game as compared to Frankie's game is that I think Derrick can't get through without the "numbers" but I don't think Frankie would have had a problem playing on his own. It's just my opinion, but up until the last HOH they were all on equal ground. Now Frankie has the edge.

Marty, I don’t agree with your take, I think that sort of reasoning about the assessments of others may be far too simplistic. That take on fan dynamics also has a ‘reaching for straws’ quality about it, in that it ignores some things we know, minimizes other things that we know, all the while pushing a wholly improbable alternative. 

Do folks like underdogs? Yes, but there are limits. How many weaklings have we seen over the years leave without much fanfare from the fans... We've all seen that once a favorite sympathetic HGs is evicted, fans move on to their next choice. Most likely, all of us has liked an underdog at one point in the game only to drop him/her like a hot potato as the weeks pass. Donny is interesting in that he is and isn't an underdog. He has proven his ability to evaluate the dynamics of the house, take care not to let a slip of the tongue with the wrong HGs happen, go to the 'most' trustworthy(think Hayden) and has also proven to be a competition nightmare. And the's done this without abusing anyone.

Do folks dislike seeing all male alliances? I suppose some few do, but I haven't seen any evidence that their dislike of these is the key feature in their decisions of who to support and who not to support. It's just one more little nugget in a much wider decision making process.

Do folks dislike bullies? Yes, but there are either mitigating factors that are present in the bully’s character or not. Obviously, no person is one-dimensional; we are all complex beings. Some have few redeeming qualities, while others have many. In Zach’s case, Zach is a bully. Zach has chosen to be the house bully. His style is to push the ‘over-the-top’ bully persona as far as he can. Can he be a creative, sympathetic, charming, humorous bully? Yes, at times he can, and that’s his game. He relishes keeping folks off balance. It’s a little reminiscent of a mixture of Dr Will’s outrageous ‘ claims of dislike’ for his fellow HGs and ED’s over the top pot clapping attacks.

Derrick on the other hand, did far more than engage Victoria one time in a ‘stern voice.’ Unless someone is a personal friend or family member, I don't see the need to soften and dismiss his actions. 

Derrick crossed the line into abuse when he continued well after his point was made and his control over Victoria was once again established. He continued to apply more and more pressure even after she had fully submitted, had broken down and was pleading for his approval. He displayed an appalling lack of decency in that exchange that spanned far beyond game play. He also persisted for far too long to pressure an obviously cracking Victoria. What he did had no sympathetic, charming or humorous aspects to it. It was abusive pure and simple. He tried the same thing with Brit after Devin blow up the BS to her but Brit was a stronger person than Vic and was better able to handle his abuse.

This guy is mean for the sake of being mean. How exactly his he any different from Christine other than his mean streak has shown itself more often and for longer periods of time? They are two peas in a pod, both lucky to have been pulled into an alliance because of who they were in a room with when the recruitment began and both have mean streaks a mile wide. 

Instead of scratching for excuses for Derrick, his fans might consider that his game might not be all they have come to believe. Maybe, just maybe, the dislike some have for him isn’t some failure in them to see the good Derrick, but a failure in Derrick himself.

Really enjoyed this post!

I've never considered myself a "fan" of any houseguest on BB. Like others have said, I have no reason to invest my undying loyalty to some person I have never met & who will never effect my life in any way, shape or form. I'm a fan OF THE SHOW.

Every year, I dread the first episode because the majority of the hg's are so over-excited & obnoxious lol. But I make myself sit through it so I can get a first impression of all of the HG's. This year, my first impression of Derek was that he would go far in the game because of his profession. My first impression of Victoria: clueless, self-absorbed, shallow and annoying. (I know that sounds unkind but I'm only human and far from perfect!)

I'm not A family member or a friend but I didn't perceive Derek's behavior towards Victoria as mean or crossing any line. I think he gets annoyed by her utter stupidity concerning the game and I just can't fault him for that - especially since he's far more patient with her inability to see past the nose on her face than I would be.

I guess we all have our pet peeves - one of mine is having to suffer the uninteresting, intellectually-lazy (no) gameplay of Bb hg's. Wow, maybe I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning???

Guest 6Borders

I think Derricks wife is very pretty and Tenly is beautiful and looks just like her Daddy.

10547643_10204031064795494_7142795107249

Beautiful family!! 

(I like Derrick better without the extra facial attachment)

Derrick the comforter in chief last night.

Victoria was bawling last night about her extensions giving her headaches and making her head bleed. He really tried to talk to her about how her hair is not what makes her beautiful. He told her that her health is more important then her hair. He said if she keep bleeding and having pain he will take off her extensions for her. He kept giving her pep talks how her hair does not make her the person she is. He spent a long time comforting her. (that mean abusive Derrick)

Later Christine had a breakdown about the zingbot thing and Derrick was there to comfort her. (another abusive act on Derrick's part)

Guest 6Borders

It kind of bugs me that so many of the PIP's ("Pathetic Internet People" - Marcellas' term for us) keep calling Derrick a bully.

Derrick is playing a really great game, both stragetically and socially, and more than once he has done or not done something because he would not want his wife or sister or anyone treated the way someone was treating them.

Derrick needs to persuade the house that Cody needs to go over Zach (if Zach is the replacement).  I doubt he's going to flip and want Victoria to go up since she is his saftey net and expendable any time and he can shrug and say "I tried to keep you off the block" and she will either be sitting 2nd chair or a vote for him in jury.

Derrick has played a great game. It's too easy to hang a tag of "bully" on someone when they are being assertive and working towards a goal. I haven't seen him bully anyone. What I have seen him do is make suggestions, persuade people that his suggestions are good for their games and for the most part keep them from thinking that he should go next.

It will get harder for him in the next weeks since they now have to start backstabbing each other. We will see how he fares as the guys start being put on the block.

Derrick the comforter in chief last night.

Victoria was bawling last night about her extensions giving her headaches and making her head bleed. He really tried to talk to her about how her hair is not what makes her beautiful. He told her that her health is more important then her hair. He said if she keep bleeding and having pain he will take off her extensions for her. He kept giving her pep talks how her hair does not make her the person she is. He spent a long time comforting her. (that mean abusive Derrick)

Later Christine had a breakdown about the zingbot thing and Derrick was there to comfort her. (another abusive act on Derrick's part)

Can he be kind when it benefits him... sure. Did he show that very same depth of humanity when Nicole was sobbing.... not be a longshot. But then of course, Nicole was not his minion, so no need to be kind to her.

Derrick talks nice to Victoria's face because he wants to take her to F2.  He talks crap behind her back.  He associates all the Victoria stuff with a "big brother" likeness. Funny,  the astute cop hasn't picked up that she is crushing on him and he is feeding into it.

He hasn't bullied anyone, but when things aren't going his way he loses that calm and coolness that many associate him with.

Derrick has played a great game. It's too easy to hang a tag of "bully" on someone when they are being assertive and working towards a goal. I haven't seen him bully anyone. What I have seen him do is make suggestions, persuade people that his suggestions are good for their games and for the most part keep them from thinking that he should go next.

It will get harder for him in the next weeks since they now have to start backstabbing each other. We will see how he fares as the guys start being put on the block.

Did you watch the entirety of Derrick's post Zach's outing-Derrick's-Detonator-membership to Victoria "I'll make Victoria apologize to me" Beehive conversation?

It was abusive in repetition, tone, depth, and duration. He pressed her well beyond the point where she had cracked and was pleading for his forgiveness. Even then he continued well  after his points were made and remade several times over, yet he persisted pressuring a broken Victoria. Shameful and well beyond game play.

Derrick talks nice to Victoria's face because he wants to take her to F2.  He talks crap behind her back.  He associates all the Victoria stuff with a "big brother" likeness. Funny,  the astute cop hasn't picked up that she is crushing on him and he is feeding into it.

He hasn't bullied anyone, but when things aren't going his way he loses that calm and coolness that many associate him with.

Seriously? Derrick is always saying nice things about Victoria. He said she can be a little annoying but she is a sweet person and he really likes her. He has defended Victoria on a lot of occasions. Victoria only thinks of Derrick as a big brother figure.

Did you watch the entirety of Derrick's post Zach's outing-Derrick's-Detonator-membership to Victoria "I'll make Victoria apologize to me" Beehive conversation?

It was abusive in repetition, tone, depth, and duration. He pressed her well beyond the point where she had cracked and was pleading for his forgiveness. Even then he continued well  after his points were made and remade several times over, yet he persisted pressuring a broken Victoria. Shameful and well beyond game play.

Yes, that was totally unnecessary and part of his character when his back is to the wall.  I still won't call that bullying though.

Yes I watched it all. I think Derrick had a little stern tone in his voice for a while but then they talked it out and hugged it out. I hardly find that abusive.

That was the same night that Zach was yelling at Victoria in the HOH and calling her names but nobody cares about that because that is "just Zach".

Seriously? Derrick is always saying nice things about Victoria. He said she can be a little annoying but she is a sweet person and he really likes her. He has defended Victoria on a lot of occasions. Victoria only thinks of Derrick as a big brother figure.

He defends her because he needs her and I stand by his behind the back talk of her.  See trip treys post, because the way he interrogated her was uncalled for.  They were all taking food out of his mouth and he didn't like it.

"I'll wear these pants because Derrick likes them."  I don't ever remember wanting to wear certain clothes for my big brother...I made him a lot of chocolate pudding though because he really liked it.

He defends her because he needs her and I stand by his behind the back talk of her.  See trip treys post, because the way he interrogated her was uncalled for.  They were all taking food out of his mouth and he didn't like it.

"I'll wear these pants because Derrick likes them."  I don't ever remember wanting to wear certain clothes for my big brother...I made him a lot of chocolate pudding though because he really liked it.

trip trey was in my opinion way off on his take. I heard the whole conversation more then once to make sure and there was no bully /abusive action on Derrick's part. Only a stern voice to make a point.

trip trey was in my opinion way off on his take. I heard the whole conversation more then once to make sure and there was no bully /abusive action on Derrick's part. Only a stern voice to make a point.

We'll never agree.  You idolize him and I don't, therefore we have a huge difference of opinion. 

I don't think he is a bad person and I do think he's had a good game. I just don't think he is a great guy nor the brilliant player some think he is.

We'll never agree.  You idolize him and I don't, therefore we have a huge difference of opinion. 

I don't think he is a bad person and I do think he's had a good game. I just don't think he is a great guy nor the brilliant player some think he is.

I don't idolize Derrick I just think he plays the best game. I just don't like when people make up stuff that is not true then other people believe it and run with it.

My view of that conversation with Vic was that he was kind of angry that she had listened to Zack. Did he use a different tone than his usual coddling tone with her? Sure. He was making his point that he had had her back all this time and Zack didn't but she was listening to Zack and going against him. She is an adult and sometimes adults have conversations that aren't all unicorns and rainbows.

Yes I watched it all. I think Derrick had a little stern tone in his voice for a while but then they talked it out and hugged it out. I hardly find that abusive.

That was the same night that Zach was yelling at Victoria in the HOH and calling her names but nobody cares about that because that is "just Zach".

How long did he persist with his make her apologize strategy after she broke down? 10 mins, 20, more? He behavior was despicable. No decent human being continues as he did once the other person has broken down and fully submitted. He knows that she is fragile and dependent, yet he not only continued, he added even more pressure. Of course, she 'hugged' it out, she is now fully dependent upon him. The man is a dirt ball.

My view of that conversation with Vic was that he was kind of angry that she had listened to Zack. Did he use a different tone than his usual coddling tone with her? Sure. He was making his point that he had had her back all this time and Zack didn't but she was listening to Zack and going against him. She is an adult and sometimes adults have conversations that aren't all unicorns and rainbows.

Now you are contradicting yourself because you are saying she is an adult  (and she is) yet you are approving that he spoke to her like she was a misbehaving kid.

I don't believe in unicorns and rainbows.