BB16 General Discussion (non-houseguest-specific)

JEDI

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donny is going on Thursday :(. Only good thing out of this is HOPEFULLY TA is over. I am watching after dark and does Victoria really saying to Zach that she has saved him in the game? Lol

Donny and Nicole talking about who they would vote for. Donny saying he really doesn't want to vote for any of them and chuckles. Going to miss him.

Have felt for weeks that Frankie and Derrick were the best two players in the game.  Both with a lot of the same strengths, each with a strength of their own.  AND they both know that each other is the best in the house.  (like two lions circling the same downed gazelle while both eyes on each other!)  Therefore, I have felt a house split for weeks.  I have preferred Derrick play much better than Frankie's but respected Frankie's up to this point.....now I am so want his skinny, pink punked haired ass out.

Frankie with his "outing" of himself was perfectly timed.  He said in pregame interviews that he had to tell them (jury) that he was Arianna's brother and he was also playing for a charity if he made it to that point because he didn't want to slap them with it if he made F2.    Kudo's for his timing!!  

BUT...get this dweeb out of the game!!!!  Never should of been let in!!!!  

Now, he is threatening the use of his sisters fan base to destroy people through social media (right now his target is Nicole), making promises that his sister will open doors (Caleb & Christine), trips to Africa all around to help build houses, or schools, or whatever (he says with 500K its 4, with 50 its 3, but now HAS to do at least one.  (I think his ratio per 1K is a little off!!)  And another BUT....last night he told Zach that THE JURY BETTER VOTE HIM FIRST OR SECOND OTHERWISE HE WILL GET AMERICA'S PLAYER AND THE REST ARE LEFT OUT!  Whether he was joking or not....he knew coming in he was guaranteed his stipend, he would get an America Player along with any won monies if presented, and the AFP for 25K .... all this because of his sister!!!  Not because of who he is or how he played the game!!  

And why the H was his sister in the audience at DE?  Was he going to get a special treatment to hug her before he twinkle toed his ass to jury????

Sorry for the rant....but I haven't been this upset about a player since Season 6....and for me this year has been a better season than most of the past 10!!!!!!

Man alive!! These hgs all have diarrhea of the mouth (something my sisters sixth-grade teacher said about her that I thought was gross but really funny)!!

As stated on the update page, I'm anxious to hear the DR comments to try to figure out who is screwing whom. But then again, it might not bring any clarity because it seems to change from hour to hour and I don't always trust BB to give an accurate account.

I'm not sure how Donnie could pull it off, but I hope he stays and ultimately wins (but a win by Derrick or Nicole wouldn't bother me either). Every year I hope for a (at least SEMI-) normal, "decent" person to win so I'm accustomed to being disappointed at the finale. Haha

Good post, Sue Z!

Honestly, I disliked Frankie from the beginning. I knew he would do well in the game because of his phony personality but figured it would all blow up in his face eventually.

In my opinion, each season BB was filling the house with people whose number one objective is to be "famous," and winning the money was just a bonus...a nice bonus but second to their narcissistic goal of "celebrity." This season, FORTUNATELY, it seems they limited the number of that type of personality this year.

#teamderrick is on the move baby!!

I just read in today's update what Morty said about Derrick: that there are no poor people in Newport RI. Morty's right - there aren't, but Derrick doesn't come from Newport - his home is at least 45 minutes to an hour away. Derrick comes from the smallest, most densely populated city in the U.S. called Central Falls, RI. It is the poorest city in the state, just newly recovering from bankruptcy. It is also one of the most dangerous cities with a very high crime rate. There is a high immigrant population, and poverty is the norm. So, while Derrick is a cop in that city, he is a member of the lowest paid police department in the state. Last year during the bankruptcy he and the rest of his department had to take unpaid leave in order for the city to make ends meet. They couldn't even afford to keep up wth the school system so the state had to take it over. The City is all tenement houses - which for folks who aren't familiar with that term - are all 3 and 4 family houses built very close together (maybe 8 to 10 feet apart),  and most of them were built before World War II. He lives in an apartment in one of those houses and he rents - doesn't own. When he says that he could use the $$ he is telling the truth. This is probably the best chance he will ever have in his life to get ahead. Now I do not know Derrick - have never met him, and I don't know anyone who knows him - so I don't want anyone to think I am sticking up for a friend or relative - I just wanted to set the record straight. Derrick really is relatively poor, does not come from money, does not live in a wealthy community, and lives from paycheck to paycheck much like most of the blue collar working class people in the country.  Say what you want about his game - like him or don't - just please don't think he is more than he is, which is a hard working good guy trying to make a difference for his family. Thanks for letting me vent. Peace out :cry:

I also want to respond to Marty saying that there are no poor people in Newport RI.  Newport has poor people.  Just because the town is a tourist site and was once the playground for the Astros and Vanderbilt, doesn't mean that no poor people live there.  In fact Google Park Holm, Tonomy Hill and Festival fields in Newport and see what you find,

I also want to respond to Marty saying that there are no poor people in Newport RI.  Newport has poor people.  Just because the town is a tourist site and was once the playground for the Astros and Vanderbilt, doesn't mean that no poor people live there.  In fact Google Park Holm, Tonomy Hill and Festival fields in Newport and see what you find,

True.  Population soars in summer only.  Poverty level is below 50% but not by much.

And......Julie isn't looking so good these days.

Guest 6Borders

Zach just told Derrick he has the votes to stay. He might not use it.

but I bet he changes his mind before Monday.

Zach is nobody's fool.  I think DR told him to stay that to create drama and excitement, tho I could be wrong...DR may have as hard a time manipulating Zach as he own family does controlling his out-of-controlness!!!

I'm sure Zach is not going to risk not using the POV on himself.  Question remains who goes up and which on-the-block HG has more fan base to see if Grodner will pull something out of her cauldron of tricks!  This group has been known' to flip at the last minute (which I personally find much more exciting than the ho-hum of knowing how everyone is going to vote by Sunday and the next 4 days are Big Boring).

I just read in today's update what Morty said about Derrick: that there are no poor people in Newport RI. Morty's right - there aren't, but Derrick doesn't come from Newport - his home is at least 45 minutes to an hour away. Derrick comes from the smallest, most densely populated city in the U.S. called Central Falls, RI. It is the poorest city in the state, just newly recovering from bankruptcy. It is also one of the most dangerous cities with a very high crime rate. There is a high immigrant population, and poverty is the norm. So, while Derrick is a cop in that city, he is a member of the lowest paid police department in the state. Last year during the bankruptcy he and the rest of his department had to take unpaid leave in order for the city to make ends meet. They couldn't even afford to keep up wth the school system so the state had to take it over. The City is all tenement houses - which for folks who aren't familiar with that term - are all 3 and 4 family houses built very close together (maybe 8 to 10 feet apart),  and most of them were built before World War II. He lives in an apartment in one of those houses and he rents - doesn't own. When he says that he could use the $$ he is telling the truth. This is probably the best chance he will ever have in his life to get ahead. Now I do not know Derrick - have never met him, and I don't know anyone who knows him - so I don't want anyone to think I am sticking up for a friend or relative - I just wanted to set the record straight. Derrick really is relatively poor, does not come from money, does not live in a wealthy community, and lives from paycheck to paycheck much like most of the blue collar working class people in the country.  Say what you want about his game - like him or don't - just please don't think he is more than he is, which is a hard working good guy trying to make a difference for his family. Thanks for letting me vent. Peace out :cry:

As I remember it, it was a Portuguese community, a lot of factories and basically poor neighborhoods.

Either way, it's irrelevant to the game because whoever wants to and is chosen to be in the house has a fair chance at the money, no matter if they are rich or poor.

For those us who have children, we all want the best for them, but most of us go out and earn a living for it and do not think about winning money on a game show to provide a better life for them. So I never buy that "I'm doing it for my family" sob story.

For whoever wins or loses, if they win, they are the best, if they lose, they aren't. No one has done anything egregious to get ahead in the game, so it's all fair game. Lying and back stabbing is an expectation of play, so let the best man or woman win.

Guest 6Borders

As I remember it, it was a Portuguese community, a lot of factories and basically poor neighborhoods.

Either way, it's irrelevant to the game because whoever wants to and is chosen to be in the house has a fair chance at the money, no matter if they are rich or poor.

For those us who have children, we all want the best for them, but most of us go out and earn a living for it and do not think about winning money on a game show to provide a better life for them. So I never buy that "I'm doing it for my family" sob story.

For whoever wins or loses, if they win, they are the best, if they lose, they aren't. No one has done anything egregious to get ahead in the game, so it's all fair game. Lying and back stabbing is an expectation of play, so let the best man or woman win.

You mean HAD a fair chance of winning the money before Grodner and Frankie played the famous sister and 10 bizillion twitter followers! 

Have felt for weeks that Frankie and Derrick were the best two players in the game.  Both with a lot of the same strengths, each with a strength of their own.  AND they both know that each other is the best in the house.  (like two lions circling the same downed gazelle while both eyes on each other!)  Therefore, I have felt a house split for weeks.  I have preferred Derrick play much better than Frankie's but respected Frankie's up to this point.....now I am so want his skinny, pink punked haired ass out.

Frankie with his "outing" of himself was perfectly timed.  He said in pregame interviews that he had to tell them (jury) that he was Arianna's brother and he was also playing for a charity if he made it to that point because he didn't want to slap them with it if he made F2.    Kudo's for his timing!!  

BUT...get this dweeb out of the game!!!!  Never should of been let in!!!!  

Now, he is threatening the use of his sisters fan base to destroy people through social media (right now his target is Nicole), making promises that his sister will open doors (Caleb & Christine), trips to Africa all around to help build houses, or schools, or whatever (he says with 500K its 4, with 50 its 3, but now HAS to do at least one.  (I think his ratio per 1K is a little off!!)  And another BUT....last night he told Zach that THE JURY BETTER VOTE HIM FIRST OR SECOND OTHERWISE HE WILL GET AMERICA'S PLAYER AND THE REST ARE LEFT OUT!  Whether he was joking or not....he knew coming in he was guaranteed his stipend, he would get an America Player along with any won monies if presented, and the AFP for 25K .... all this because of his sister!!!  Not because of who he is or how he played the game!!  

And why the H was his sister in the audience at DE?  Was he going to get a special treatment to hug her before he twinkle toed his ass to jury????

Sorry for the rant....but I haven't been this upset about a player since Season 6....and for me this year has been a better season than most of the past 10!!!!!!

Very good insight and I agree with you on every word. Yes he was playing a very good game but for me as a fan he has reached new lows. Reminds me of Boogie winning by promising everyone jobs at his restaurant and contact with his celebrity friends. I know it is allowed game play but I personally have a right to not like it.

Derrick plainly stated he was not poor and not rich. That if he were dirt poor he wouldn't be on the show, he'd be home working right now.

He did call Frankie out on changing his mind about giving money to charity. VwV

Derrick plainly stated he was not poor and not rich. That if he were dirt poor he wouldn't be on the show, he'd be home working right now.

He did call Frankie out on changing his mind about giving money to charity. VwV

Never said he was dirt poor, just that he was a hard working blue collar working class guy. He does come from a very poor community, and he does not make nearly as much as comparable cops in nearby communities do. His city is literally one square mile, and the majority population is Latino.

Got to thinking (yes it hurts...lol)  What NFL Promo is happening in Los Angeles right now??  LA doesn't have an NFL team and I can't find any game that is going on today in the LA area!!  Anyone got any ideas????  Links????  Starting giggling, maybe their big tailgate is to watch one of the preseasoned games in the diary room....bbq hot dogs and beer included...rofllllllllllll