BB16 General Discussion (non-houseguest-specific)

JEDI

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold the presses

I seen Christine tell Victoria in the HOH room that she was putting her up, and that she wanted to tell her face to face

And I thought she said she wouldn't put Nicole up

We'll see what happens though, the way this house has been flip flopping you could see anyone up there

I'm thinking it would be a stupid move to put Nicole up (unless Christine is sure Donny would get voted out).

Nicole is her only hope to try and make a stand against the boys when the numbers dwindle even more.

Christine's GOT to know the boys will be targeting her after they've gotten rid of all the non-alliance HGs.

Guest 6Borders

These people are completely nuts with no understanding about how to play this game.

They have already figured out that there is going to be a "buy back" and one of the jurors

will have a chance to get back in the game so sending Nicole out is crazy because she will

be comparing notes with Hayden and Jocasta (the people who were on her side).

Unless Derrick or Frankie go out as juror #4 I would assume Grodner would try to bring

Hayden back into the game.  Nobody in the game or the fans give a flying cow flop about BoastModeCowboy

so it would be much better to put him up and get him out.

Battle of The Block has become a farch and BB needs to drop it soon.  The numbers are far enough

down now to do that and still save face that the twist has been yet another huge flop.

I'm thinking it would be a stupid move to put Nicole up (unless Christine is sure Donny would get voted out).

Nicole is her only hope to try and make a stand against the boys when the numbers dwindle even more.

Christine's GOT to know the boys will be targeting her after they've gotten rid of all the non-alliance HGs.

But she still has her Cody.... :naughty:

She's too afraid Slowpoke, so unless she's got a rabbit up her sleeve...this crap of Nic back dooring her were words Nic used to shut the pressure up from all sides...as it was she put up Zach.  And during this past hoh it was the same, just words to go along with the others.  But Christine was never really her (Nic's) friend....so though she is acting hurt and tough, this was her plan all along.  She knew that Frankie wants Nic out and is still believing he plans on her f2...dumb dumb stupid barista!

Guest 6Borders

It's just production making sure she goes. She is the only one to have balls to put him up and doesn't believe his lies. So bye bye if you put in danger who they want to win.

Yep, I agree!  Just the way the HG's go into the DR and then an hour later they are talking

about keeping Donny cos he won't go after them certainly makes one think there are "leading questions

and suggestion" coming from BB.

Another thing to add to my over conspiracy'd mind (LOL)  I noticed when reading the updates that every time Nic tried to get to Christine last night after Christine's flip, the DR either called her in (she was on her way up to HOH) or BB said "Nic change your battery pack" then after that took her mic...no I didn't think manipulation in productions part...not a bit....yeah right, and I got land in Florida between the Keys...wanna buy it?

Guest 6Borders

BB needs to rethink Battle of the Block.  If an HG refuses to play with their team

then they should forfit any right to be safe if the other teammate wins.

Playing and throwing it or not trying is bad enough but what Caleb did was just disgusting

and it makes a mockery out of the whole game!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in the past when there's been an evicted HG return that everyone had been individually sequestered until the comp (or whatever) that let one of them return. After that they would all go to the jury house where they could mingle.

Guest 6Borders

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in the past when there's been an evicted HG return that everyone had been individually sequestered until the comp (or whatever) that let one of them return. After that they would all go to the jury house where they could mingle.

They used to do that but last year I think they were all in the jury house together!

They used to do that but last year I think they were all in the jury house together!

Don't think so...my frail brain remembers they were sequestered....any one else remember?  Question is whether the returning voted out hg are at jury or sequestered until the game to return?

Guest 6Borders

Don't think so...my frail brain remembers they were sequestered....any one else remember?  Question is whether the returning voted out hg are at jury or sequestered until the game to return?

Honestly, last year was so disgusting I blurred most of it out so I could be wrong.  I just sort of remember that they went to jury and I thought it was strange that they would do so and be able to talk to each other and then come back and play to get back in.

I thought when Judd got back in he had a lot of information he would not have had but again it's a blur!

I do remember Candance didn't want back in the house and jumped off the wall as soon as she could after at least trying to make a reasonable showing.

Yes Judd did have a lot of info but he wasn't allowed to talk about it or the jury house to anyone.  I remember in season 1 of BBCAN, Gary came back in and he had tons of information he used to his advantage.  It was really quite unfair.  He was totally lying to everyone about what the jury thought about everything to swing votes.  And he almost won!

Every year about this time I get totally disgusted by the HG.  This year seems worse then ever....Tired of the all the crap that is going down, especially with the way Christine and Frankie are playing....So please bring on a twist that will get me interested in the game again.

Guest 6Borders

Yes Judd did have a lot of info but he wasn't allowed to talk about it or the jury house to anyone.  I remember in season 1 of BBCAN, Gary came back in and he had tons of information he used to his advantage.  It was really quite unfair.  He was totally lying to everyone about what the jury thought about everything to swing votes.  And he almost won!

Exactly,  I do remember that but the first 4 evicted WERE in the jury house together and not sequestered separately, right??

I sort of thought it was a "level the playing field" twist because anyone who comes back is an immediate revolving door target

I say this every year lol but I am so sick of production getting involved. This show is NOT the show I fell I love with. Probably never will be either.

Question: is the money different in the house vs jury house?

Definitely, it is a different show.  I  personally preferred the way BB 1 was played when America voted for the winner.   Now having an alliance is a necessity in order to win.  I don't know, it seems to defeat the true purpose of the game.   Why have competitions if they are, in actuality, irrelevant? Why is it possible to win BB without having ever winning a competition?  I think that an individual's physical or mental prowess should be the determining factor in who should win the grand prize. But apparently, this is not the case.  The winner is usually the best liar, schemer and manipulator, with few exceptions.

Since they will never go back to America picking the winner, then the game should not have competitions at all.  Just have the HG's party every evening, get drunk, dance, swim, play pool, grill steaks, play ball and other fun activities and not endure the hardships of slop, have not situations and strenuous contests.  The best liar, schemer and manipulator could still win ( as BB wants) but this would  save BB all the money it uses to set up the silly competitions.  I personally think the competitions are a bit infantile.  I think most grown people would enjoy watching the HG's enjoy themselves rather than constantly complaining about the slop, the have not problems and the injuries suffered in the competitions. 

BTW, the BB house and the jury house has the same $1000 stipend.

Oh I would not have any interest in Big Brother if America voted for who got evicted. It would take away all the scheming and back stabbing and the alliances.

The house would be filled with 16 Donny personalities.

How boring would that be. Every houseguest would try to be the nicest or have the biggest sob story.

bla bla bla

I'd be bored too...it would be 16 wanna be's lounging all day, kissing the camera's dupa, primpin, buffin, smacking/chewing into a microphone, afraid to say a word we could hear so lots of whispers.  Booooorrrrring.

I like the format, I like the contests, I even like the BotB...don't like the HN situation though.  HN and Food should be a competition, make HN sleep in a separate semi comfortable room with an enforced bedtime (so they can't stay up late or up too early for all the scheming, that could hurt a few alliances) and make their diet simply, ie. PB&J, Cereal&Milk and Water.   The competition in itself could be for certain food items and some how determine the losers.  

Oh...the thought of just watchin peeps just sit on their arse...........yuk!!

Exactly,  I do remember that but the first 4 evicted WERE in the jury house together and not sequestered separately, right??

I sort of thought it was a "level the playing field" twist because anyone who comes back is an immediate revolving door target

Gahhhh I can't remember!!!  :(

I'd be bored too...it would be 16 wanna be's lounging all day, kissing the camera's dupa, primpin, buffin, smacking/chewing into a microphone, afraid to say a word we could hear so lots of whispers.  Booooorrrrring.

I like the format, I like the contests, I even like the BotB...don't like the HN situation though.  HN and Food should be a competition, make HN sleep in a separate semi comfortable room with an enforced bedtime (so they can't stay up late or up too early for all the scheming, that could hurt a few alliances) and make their diet simply, ie. PB&J, Cereal&Milk and Water.   The competition in itself could be for certain food items and some how determine the losers.  

Oh...the thought of just watchin peeps just sit on their arse...........yuk!!

Yuck indeed!  The current format is by no means perfect, but it can be an absolute blast at times. 

Them buddying up and preening for the camera non-stop without any scheming?  No thanks. 

Guest 6Borders

Definitely, it is a different show.  I  personally preferred the way BB 1 was played when America voted for the winner.   Now having an alliance is a necessity in order to win.  I don't know, it seems to defeat the true purpose of the game.   Why have competitions if they are, in actuality, irrelevant? Why is it possible to win BB without having ever winning a competition?  I think that an individual's physical or mental prowess should be the determining factor in who should win the grand prize. But apparently, this is not the case.  The winner is usually the best liar, schemer and manipulator, with few exceptions.

Since they will never go back to America picking the winner, then the game should not have competitions at all.  Just have the HG's party every evening, get drunk, dance, swim, play pool, grill steaks, play ball and other fun activities and not endure the hardships of slop, have not situations and strenuous contests.  The best liar, schemer and manipulator could still win ( as BB wants) but this would  save BB all the money it uses to set up the silly competitions.  I personally think the competitions are a bit infantile.  I think most grown people would enjoy watching the HG's enjoy themselves rather than constantly complaining about the slop, the have not problems and the injuries suffered in the competitions. 

BTW, the BB house and the jury house has the same $1000 stipend.

I can agree and also disagree, mostly disagree because of the way the game has shifted, as to "America votes"!

BB1 was a new concept & uncharted waters for all of us so it was super exciting. The feeds were free and the HG's and the viewer's both had a say in what was going on (House selected/Viewers voted).  We didn't have the same social media we now have so (just for example) Chicken George's family & community came together as a good ol' fashioned community behind their guy.  Eddie (BB1 winner) had a disability, which might or might not have contrtibuted to why he won, but he played a good game and I don't recall him trying to garner support for that reason.  Josh (2nd place, BB1) was going to CalPoly San Luis Obispo at the time so there was a lot of student & community support here.  When Josh was asked what he was going to do with his money he picked up his niece at the finale (such as it was back then, I think cheering was about it) and said "this little girl is going to college" that is what it was all about for us...changing lives!

In BB2 they changed producers and the concept slowly, or rapidly (depending on how you look at it) changed with the times.  As the show progressed (and about BB6) BB became pretty much what it is today...97% wannabee actresses/actors/singers/models.athletes looking to jump-start, revive or further promote a career/cause/charity/self importance, the 1% "real people" we all say we want and the 2% expendibles BB just thows in to be eliminated because you have to eliminate someone before the real fav's start playing the game and picking each other off!  BB casting also got LAZY, going into bars to recruite people, not to mention the "can you put my kid on TV?" (my people calling your people) favors.

Personally I think "America" has NO business in the BB game anymore (post BB1) as far as the outcome of the game, not only because we are not in that house having to live with these people but we don't need the Ariana Grande's and Justin Bieber's (or anyone) tweeting their bizillios of fans to vote for Frankie (or anyone).   "America Votes" is just a business.  It's all about your text messaging dollars and feed money and HG worth (same as any job...don't hate the messenger, just the game)!  If we must vote let us vote for silly stuff that effects the whole house (ie: the HG's entertained us this week so they get a party...they didn't entertain us this week so we take away the BBQ and they get PBJ and Slop!).