Caleb Reynolds (Week 1 HoH) - HoH2

Slimcruz

I'd bet my favorite pair of shoes that everyone in that house (and probably on this board) have said things in the past that would get them into trouble today. Not everyone has it documented. That's the only difference.

And I don't understand the vitriol aimed at Caleb's dad. Wouldn't you all defend your children just as passionately?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of Caleb, he thinks he is soooo fine,lol, I don't care about his dad on sites, but if it was one of my kids I doubt I'd be posting anywhere about them or their gameplay

I'm not a fan of Caleb, he thinks he is soooo fine,lol, I don't care about his dad on sites, but if it was one of my kids I doubt I'd be posting anywhere about them or their gameplay

I think the whole situation caught the whole family off guard. They received the whole gambit of threatening letters, phone calls... Everything. So I feel bad for the whole family, even if I didn't knowsome of them. I feel bad for any contestants family that goes through this.

While I'm sure everyone has said things they would not want out there for public consumption, I don't think the slur Caleb posted (publicly, no less) would be one that would occur to most people. Big red flag that something is boiling beneath the surface, I think. But if he is regularly friendly to all folks, I guess it could be a lot worse. Speaking of a red flag and issues boiling beneath the surface, that obsession with Amber, though ...

While I'm sure everyone has said things they would not want out there for public consumption, I don't think the slur Caleb posted (publicly, no less) would be one that would occur to most people.

Sad is so many rap songs you hear much worse and the fans don't care and they keep listening to it.

Has anyone mentioned Eric (Cappy) and Yvette from Season 6 ?

If Caleb finally gets the message that Amber isn't interested.... I wonder who he'll zone in on next ?

I've come to realize that it is very hard to be a friend to someone who is in the Big Brother house AND be a Big Brother fan who understands how the game works. So I ask for patience from my fellow Morty's posters. Not with any of the cast, but with me.

With that said, here comes my background information on Caleb in an attempt for people to maybe not hate Caleb so much.

After meeting Caleb, he fell into "like" with one of my best friends. It became very clear that even though Caleb is very good looking, he was also an introvert to an extent. He was gun shy when it came to actually telling a girl that he was interested. So he talked to me. He talked to my friends. Even though he never said it, it was clear he was terribly afraid of rejection. I heard about his ex-girlfriend and the merry-go round that he went on. So when I saw him talking to everyone about Amber, it reminded me of this. He wanted to scope out the situation to see if there was a possibility. Unlike the Big Brother house, I wasn't playing games and introduced him to my friend. I gave him a nudge and gave her a nudge. But in the Big Brother house, everyone encouraged him that she felt the same way. Hayden told him that Amber wanted to go out on a date with him when they got out of the house. I listened to others encouraging him to like her even when they had heard she wasn't interested. Even Paola encouraged him to like her, but never talk to Amber about it. So he finally got the courage to talk to her about it, only for her to later talk shit about him behind his back to everyone in the house. I don't know what happened in the house the very first week before the live feeds came on, but do you honestly believe Amber did not flirt with Caleb prior to nominations? Do you really think she didn't use her assets to convince him not to nominate her?? Neither Amber OR Devin revealed the truth until after Caleb no longer had power.

So yes, he liked her. He was too shy to approach her right away. He talked to the only people he could to find out if the feeling was mutual. They encouraged him. He got confused with the mixed signals. Then he got butt hurt when he realized that not only did she not like him, but was trash talking him in the house.

Ask yourself this... Wouldn't you be upset?

His interest in my friend turned out to be nothing. It didn't work out. At NO POINT did he become enraged. At no point did he get violent. At no point did he stalk her. He is not crazy. Nor is he going to hurt anyone in the house.

Once again, I apologize but it is difficult seeing people jump to conclusions that he is psychotic and violent. What he is, is a romantic who dreams of love and marriage with a good woman. It is the equivalent of a girl having a crush on a guy and writing in her notebook with her first name and the guys last name and drawing hearts around the name.

That is all.

Misha.... :hurray:

No need to apologize...you have a right to your feelings and opinions and a right to post such, as do others. What I have always loved about Morty's is that MOST people do not slam people for their opinions and feelings...those that do have that right, but I just choose not to agree with them.....

As for Caleb the house guest in the BB game...I didn't like him in the beginning and currently trying to give him the benefit of my doubts. Time will tell, but he is still not on my fav list :)

Caleb built something up in his own mind that never existed.

He obsessed over it.

We all have hard-knocks but do not behave in a fashion that strikes others as stalkerish or odd especially since there was nothing THERE to begin with.

With the live feeds it's not speculation.

Dude is ODD.

Caleb built something up in his own mind that never existed.

He obsessed over it.

We all have hard-knocks but do not behave in a fashion that strikes others as stalkerish or odd especially since there was nothing THERE to begin with.

With the live feeds it's not speculation.

Dude is ODD.

Exactly! And it still exists in his head! Like she was flirting with him so he'd take her to the end?! Huh? If she was she did a dang poor job of it, blowing him off in week one. Caleb also doesn't seem to realize that he has yet to get anyone to the end, but of course, he isn't alone in that particular delusion. Many of the houseguests seem to be guaranteed final 2 at least in their own minds.

He also has a lot of odd magical thinking. He saw her at the airport and just knew they were destined to be in the Big Brother house together, and there they'd fall in love and maybe make babies or something. He believed BB put her in the house FOR him and him for her. Cause thats how relationships work. A show can just give you someone. And of course, she would leave the room when he entered because she didn't want the other houseguests to see this magic between them and not because she wanted to be somewhere else or because he creeped her out a bit.

We all can go a bit silly over someone. Or something.

He crossed that line and it is not normal. NOR will it be acceptable in future relationships.

He also seems to see himself quite differently than others do.

There are meds for delusional behavior.

Exactly! And it still exists in his head! Like she was flirting with him so he'd take her to the end?! Huh? If she was she did a dang poor job of it, blowing him off in week one. Caleb also doesn't seem to realize that he has yet to get anyone to the end, but of course, he isn't alone in that particular delusion. Many of the houseguests seem to be guaranteed final 2 at least in their own minds.

He also has a lot of odd magical thinking. He saw her at the airport and just knew they were destined to be in the Big Brother house together, and there they'd fall in love and maybe make babies or something. He believed BB put her in the house FOR him and him for her. Cause thats how relationships work. A show can just give you someone. And of course, she would leave the room when he entered because she didn't want the other houseguests to see this magic between them and not because she wanted to be somewhere else or because he creeped her out a bit.

It's annoying that we miss the first week of interaction between all of the HG's when they are really first getting to know each other. Amber probably flirted with him a bit but she does that with the other guys, too. He even said that she'd spend her time with all the other guys, sitting with them and talking and stuff, but not him. His rational for that was she didn't want anyone to think they had something special between them but he knew she felt something for him.

And I think he was saying that god (not BB) put them together in the house because they were meant to be together.

He may have been referring to God, but his use of the word they made me think he meant BB.

Edited to add: there is a chance I misunderstood the pronoun, but whether he thought it was BB or God, its still an example of his magical thinking.

Misha - I understand it must be difficult to be a friend of someone who is on the show, but I'm almost wondering if you ought to take your own advice to Caleb's dad and just stop reading the stuff that's said about him and trying to defend him? Because all it's doing is fanning the flames, imo

On the one hand, I agree that the other houseguests should not be encouraging him, but that's part of the game. He's a very powerful player and they don't want to be on his bad side so early in the game. Look at what happened when Devin finally told Caleb that Amber wasn't into him - now Devin is one of Caleb's targets!

But most of this is on Caleb and you saying that he's gun shy or whatever really doesn't change the fact that the things that he's been saying and doing are the kinds of things that often lead to stalking, rape, and murder. Now, I'm not saying that Caleb is going to end up doing those things himself - but it's very scary, very creepy, very entitled behavior. It shouldn't be defended.

Here is why it's creepy and not just on par with a normal crush: he's decided that if she looks at him it's because she likes him, but if she doesn't look at him or she looks at another guy then it's because she is trying not to show that she likes him. There is literally no way for her to win in this scenario - either way he is deciding for himself how she feels. He has also decided that when she leaves the room when he enters it's because she doesn't want to show her feelings for him. He has decided that when she says she only wants to be friends she is lying to him. He had decided all kinds of things about her and tells this to everyone and meanwhile doesn't bother to check in with her about it. He finally DOES talk to her - but he even phrases it himself as a "speech." A speech is not a conversation. A non-creepy way to tell someone you like them is to 1) not corner them in a room alone, 2) not spew all of your feelings about them including how you "know" what their feelings for you are already, 3) take a hint when they laugh awkwardly and say things like "well thanks for the kinds words" and "I'm just trying to be friends with everyone." Also don't make up in your head that she hugged you at the end when she didn't touch you at all and has been very clear about not touching you even though this cast is very touchy feely.

Did she flirt with him before the feeds went live? We don't know. What we DO know is that Caleb has made a lot of stuff up in his head about what her actions around him have meant and has straight up made things up that happened between them. And if even if she HAD flirted with him?? This is a game. Lots of people flirt for game-related reasons or for fun in this house and that is not used against them the way Amber's supposed flirting has been this year.

Caleb has now turned people against Amber simply because she does not return his feelings for her. She has stated to the other houseguests that she is uncomfortable with his attentions, that she doesn't want to be mean but she isn't interested in him, etc. But she has become a target for supposedly leading Caleb on and using him? How is she doing that exactly? She barely even talks to him and refuses to be alone in a room with him for crying out loud! Her family has tweeted that they are worried about her being in the house with him! That's not for nothing.

As far as her "talking shit about him" - are you serious? All she has said is that she isn't interested in him and he is not her type because he's too into himself. That is IT. That is not shit talking. If anything - Caleb is the one shit talking about her and it's not fair. He seems to just expect that she should be attracted to him because he is attracted to her and is now MAD because she isn't.

You can claim all you want that there is nothing problematic with this, but it fits a pattern of male privilege and entitlement that makes women in our culture feel unsafe every day. We're told not to outright reject a guy because he could become violent. We're told not to lead a guy on because that would be wrong. We're told not to be tease, but not to be a prude. If a guy is nice to us, we have to be receptive to it. Meanwhile, if we are stalked or raped it's probably our own faults for flirting or dressing a certain way or looking at someone a certain way, etc. Does this sound familiar to you??

Again, I am not saying Caleb would ever become violent. But his words and behaviors are in line with those who do and that is scary enough, that is problem enough, and it's not cool to blame Amber for Caleb's delusional behaviors. Let's please not feed into rape culture and victim blaming here okay?

Blame the other houseguests for encouraging him - sure. But blame him the most. Because he is responsible for his own words and actions.