Frankie Grande BB16 (Pre-season)

Guest 6Borders

Guest 6Borders

Frankie Grande

frankiegrande_bio.jpg

Hometown: Boca Raton, Fla.

Current City: New York, N.Y.

Three adjectives that describe you: Sparkly, charismatic and unreserved.

Favorite Activities: Biking, swimming, twerking, doing impersonations and making funny videos with my friends!

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: Being disconnected. I think I would love it for a week or even two, but eventually I would start to go into Twitter withdrawal.

Do you have a strategy for winning Big Brother?: I am going to be the happy likable person that everyone wants to keep around in the beginning, but I will be good at competitions. I will use the HOH's that I win to make everyone want to be on my side.

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most: I love Britney; she was likable, aggressive, manipulative and entertaining.

What are you afraid of: Spiders, ever since one almost killed me. I am totally fine with insects though because I studied entomology in college.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of: Helping a student. One of my students came out to me and admitted that he was thinking about taking his life until he met me. He called me his angel who showed him the path to life.

Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… Shine bright like a Frankie.

What would you take into the house and why: 1. Ariana's music, because she is my best friend and inspires me to keep working and persevering. Also, I LOVE HER MUSIC! 2. My kindle with all of the Harry Potter books loaded on it. 3. An endless supply of grande double dirty iced soy chai lattes in venti cups with extra ice.

What would you do if Big Brother made you famous: Exactly what I am doing, but hopefully on an even bigger scale with worldwide reach, bigger shows and bigger tours.

Frank is a former Broadway actor who is now a popular YouTube sensation (http://www.youtube.com/user/FrankieJGrande) with over 175,000 subscribers and nearly 10,000,000 views. His sister is the multi-platinum selling pop singer Ariana Grande.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6Borders

Grodner recruite!! This year's answer to Rachel/Elissa!

He won't get voted out any time soon!

So much for "Team America". Totally unfair because of all his and his sisters

fanbase..all the votes will be controlled!!

Good point if America or fans vote then some have an unfair advantage with a built in fan base. Just me but I was hoping for a few veterans in the mix.

Never heard of his sister. He said his sister is super famous but I guess I am not up on the famous.

I notice that people try to have gimmicks like blue or red hair or tattoos. Some look that makes them stand out usually gets them some fans.

There was Nakomis and Lydia that had fans just because they were unique looking.

Never heard of his sister. He said his sister is super famous but I guess I am not up on the famous.

I notice that people try to have gimmicks like blue or red hair or tattoos. Some look that makes them stand out usually gets them some fans.

There was Nakomis and Lydia that had fans just because they were unique looking.

Looked up his sister.... clearly FAMOUS is in the eye of the BROTHER.

Actually, I like Nakomis for Nakomis.

Guest 6Borders

He was so annoying in his interview he could peel paint off walls...or in this

case bark off the BB treehouse!

Not going to reveal his famous sister...right! It took the HG's one day to

figure Elissa was Rach's sis, so I'm sure the models, DJ, and probably

most of the house except the Donny and maybe Devon & Victoria will figure it out.

Oh damn, I DO know that song! I thought he was delusional when he was going on about his 'famous sister', or I thought maybe she was famous in another country. But I recognized that song within 2 seconds. (I actually really like it, too).

As for Frankie. Oh. My. God. I know most of you find him annoying but I love him!! I loved his interview with Jeff but when I watched this video on his Youtube, I loved him even more.

He may end up being my 2nd favorite houseguest from all 16 seasons. (It'll be pretty hard to dethrone Howie.)

Whats funny is he states in one interview that if he is recognized he will fight from day one but if not he will lay low a little and be in the ear of the power holder. In other words, his strategy is to be a floater the whole way unless he has to switch it up and start winning. What I find funny though is he says "if he is recognized", but I didn't know who he was until he said he was Ariana Grande's brother and then at that point I still don't really know him at all. I am familiar with his sister but that is it, so there is a good chance he will not be recognized, and therefore he will float his way to the end.

Off the bat, I really don't like that he has basically come out and said he wants to float.

He was so annoying in his interview he could peel paint off walls...or in this

case bark off the BB treehouse!

Not going to reveal his famous sister...right! It took the HG's one day to

figure Elissa was Rach's sis, so I'm sure the models, DJ, and probably

most of the house except the Donny and maybe Devon & Victoria will figure it out.

Sometimes I think what you say is right on but other times I think you just like to be negative about everything. In this case, I think you are wrong about Frankie. He says in an interview that he tried out for Survivor but did not make it, he then was told to try out for Big Brother and submitted a video and was selected. In the end it doesn't look like he was recruited at all and I doubt many will know who he is based on his name. I never would have even thought he was Arianna Grande's brother unless he said something and that is because his sister's music is mainly targeted to younger people, and he doesn't look all that much like his sister in my opinion. Elissa looked and sounded somewhat like Rachel which just gave the whole thing away.

Ariana Grande's song "The Way" is pretty popular. Definitely going to be pulling her fan base to vote for him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_sV0S8qWSy0&feature=kp

I was reading she had 10 million Twitter followers and she is already garnering votes. (I don't Twitter personally)

That song has almost 159 million views.

yep votes are going to be rigged sans Elissa

he is already the hands on favorite to win coup de charity (any prize voted to a fan favorite to help them in the game)

i would be shock if he keeps his secret about his sister past week 2

why the hell would he bring his sister music if he wanted to keep the relationship between the two a secret :scratcheshead:

another one i wonder if he is there to play the game or be famous

quite a few of those on this season

might be a cat fight for who will be the biggest self promoter :animated_bouncy:

Ariana Grande is used to paparazzi following her every move, but now her half brother Frankie is the one who will have cameras on him 24 hours a day as a contestant on the new season of Big Brother.

"I've always said I was funny and I should have my own reality show," Frankie, 31, tells PEOPLE of what inspired him to audition for the CBS reality competition's 16th season. "And then I thought, 'Maybe I should be on somebody else's show!' "

While he initially auditioned for Survivor, a chance meeting with a Big Brother casting director led to Frankie becoming one of the 16 contestants competing for a $500,000 prize this summer.

Big Brother has had cast members with notable relatives in the past – former Survivor super-villain Russell Hantz's brother Willie and Big Brother season 13 winner Rachel Reilly's sister, Elissa Slater, both competed in previous seasons – but Frankie is actually more worried about being recognized as a YouTube personality than as a Grande.

"I don't want people knowing I have an online following because it will put an unnecessary target on my back," says Frankie, who has a YouTube channel with more than 185,000 subscribers and nearly 10 million views. "If there is an America's Vote or America's Player, they might assume that I will win it."

But don't expect that Frankie is going to openly admit who his half sister is, either.

"I'm going to drop Grande and just use my father's last name, Marchione," says Frankie, who only plans on revealing his famous relative towards the end of the season. "If I get recognized, I'm going to have to win Head of Household and do damage control. If I don't, I plan on flying under the radar the first few weeks."

Regardless of how Frankie does in the three-month-long competition, he knows he will have a fan in his little sister.

"I got to call Ariana on camera and tell her what I was doing and she just said, 'I know how much you love the show. Go make them fall in love with you … but don't show them all of you because a lot of people will hate you for that, ' " says Frankie. "We both get so much hate online but it is usually about ourselves. I'm hoping there is more love than hate on me while I'm on the show because Ariana was like, 'I'm going to kill myself if I have to read hate about you too.' "

As for Frankie's love for reality competition, he would still jump at the chance to compete on Survivor – but if it is another season of Blood vs. Water, don't expect Ariana to be competing alongside him.

"She could never. She isn't a Survivor type. She's a diva," he says. "I'm a diva too, but I've done charity work in Africa and spent weeks in huts without electricity and running water. She's never done anything like that and I couldn't ask her to."

"But if they wanted to helicopter her in from a hotel every day for like 20 minutes, I think she'd win."

The new season of Big Brother starts June 25 on CBS.

I've been thinking about this and I don't think her fans will affect the votes we do with Team America. Most of her fans are young and I doubt there will be a lot of them getting the live feeds. If you don't purchase the feeds you can't vote so I would be surprised if they will sway the totals one way or the other. Are they going to spend twenty five bucks on live feeds or use that money elsewhere during their summer break? lol

Guest 6Borders

Sometimes I think what you say is right on but other times I think you just like to be negative about everything. In this case, I think you are wrong about Frankie. He says in an interview that he tried out for Survivor but did not make it, he then was told to try out for Big Brother and submitted a video and was selected. In the end it doesn't look like he was recruited at all and I doubt many will know who he is based on his name. I never would have even thought he was Arianna Grande's brother unless he said something and that is because his sister's music is mainly targeted to younger people, and he doesn't look all that much like his sister in my opinion. Elissa looked and sounded somewhat like Rachel which just gave the whole thing away.

Well, first off, I thought we could say anything about the HG's but not attack other posters so I would appreciate you keeping your personal opinions of me to yourself and if you don't like what I have to say simply don't read my posts!!

That being said, I think he's annoying NOW!! One of the most fun things about BB (other than bashing or defending the HG's) is to see how your opinions change from bio to interview to HG in the house, Last year from the bios & interviews my favs were Andy and McCrae. Once in the house Andy was as annoying as a dancing cockroach and watching a slug on a plant was more entertaining than watching McCrae.

Of course he is going to have a fan base, Even if his sis' fan base is the 14 and under, she's out tweeting the buttons off her phone asking her fan base to vote for him and the network is the network. Someone in the house will figure him out, and if they don't more power to him. He still annoys the heck out of me right now and that's my opinion of him.

I've been thinking about this and I don't think her fans will affect the votes we do with Team America. Most of her fans are young and I doubt there will be a lot of them getting the live feeds. If you don't purchase the feeds you can't vote so I would be surprised if they will sway the totals one way or the other. Are they going to spend twenty five bucks on live feeds or use that money elsewhere during their summer break? lol

Well seeing as she has over 10 million (some say 15 million) Twitter followers and if she says vote for my brother.... kids are very smart and will be doing that on their computers or cell phones. Fans are crazy like that.

I never heard that you have to have the feeds to vote. Most people that vote just watch the show on TV and don't have the feeds.