Britney Haynes' Baby Diagnosed with Cancer :(

GreatSaltLuke

If anyone missed it, there was some heartbreaking news about Britney Haynes over the weekend:

https://twitter.com/britney_haynes/status/379076234199588864/photo/1

This news was about 10x more crushing to me since I just had a little girl myself. Can’t imagine what it is like to go through that! I’m not the praying type but best wishes to Britney during this time…

There is a site setup to donate to help with any expenses for the family. #prayfortilly

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of someone using their fame to raise money for themselves. Better they used it to raise money for a worthy cause that benefits many people, not just the famous.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of someone using their fame to raise money for themselves. Better they used it to raise money for a worthy cause that benefits many people, not just the famous.

From the link that Angie put up:

About This Project

Britney Haynes of Big Brother 12 and 14 announced the devastating news today that her newborn baby Tilly was diagnosed with Cancer. As we all know medical bills are very expensive, so this is set up to go directly to Britney and Ryan to try and help out as much as we can!

NOTE: This was not setup BY Britney. It was set up by myself @Bmcooney / @BBCanadaInsider BBCanadaInsider.com. This is not a scam. The money WILL go to Britney. I know enough people, I will make sure EVERY cent goes directly to helping them in this hard time.

IN THE EVENT THAT BRITNEY DOES NOT ACCEPT THE DONATIONS MONEY COLLECTED WILL BE DONATED TO ST. JUDE'S OR A CHARITY OF HER CHOICE.

Thank you for donating. Every penny helps!

As you can see, this isn't Britney trying to raise money for herself.

Wow...cold...SMH...but if you read it, it is not her doing it and if she doesn't accept it, it will be donated to charity.

Wow...cold...SMH...but if you read it, it is not her doing it and if she doesn't accept it, it will be donated to charity.

Well, that's great if it goes to a charity that will help MANY people, not just one person that happens to be (somewhat) famous.

Hey, I'm not telling you what to do with your own money. I guess it's better than spending it on cigarettes or something. But my own personal belief in charity is that it should go to help many people, based on need, not fame.

St. Jude is a wonderful charity. - Does so much to help the children and families that need it the most. I really think Britney would love people to donate to St. Jude.

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f87d4c2a71fca210VgnVCM1000001e0215acRCRD

599171_10151562605771354_1491449435_n.jp

It is, and St. Jude Children's Hospital is my charity of choice. I also donate to the church in Baltimore.

It is, and St. Jude Children's Hospital is my charity of choice. I also donate to the church in Baltimore.

I have participated in St. Baldrick for several years as a shavee, and as a woman that is not easy, but that doesn't mean I didnt send some into this cause as well. i try to help out personal and general cases as I can. I am glad people are donating to whatever they feel is best to honor little Tilly.

I'm sure there's a way to donate to St. Jude's where you can donate in Britney and Tilly's name.

They might even notify Britney of your donation.

Even if they don't notify her ... it all goes to the same cause... THE CURE

Unfortunately, I know just how expensive it can be. My son was diagnosed with Leukemia. At the time we lived in Austin, Tx. He had to go to Houston several times a month and when he received his bone marrow transplant, he had to stay there for 3 months straight. That meant that one of us had to quit our job to be his caregiver. Income cut in half and bills doubled. There are some organizations that help with travel, etc, but the loss of income is devastating. I was lucky, and had some very generous friends and family assist me with bills during these times. I guess that is what is going on here. Being a BB fan and helping out someone that just happened to entertain us for a while. I lost my son in 2006, so my thoughts and prayers are with Britney and her family. It is heartbreaking.

Unfortunately, I know just how expensive it can be. My son was diagnosed with Leukemia. At the time we lived in Austin, Tx. He had to go to Houston several times a month and when he received his bone marrow transplant, he had to stay there for 3 months straight. That meant that one of us had to quit our job to be his caregiver. Income cut in half and bills doubled. There are some organizations that help with travel, etc, but the loss of income is devastating. I was lucky, and had some very generous friends and family assist me with bills during these times. I guess that is what is going on here. Being a BB fan and helping out someone that just happened to entertain us for a while. I lost my son in 2006, so my thoughts and prayers are with Britney and her family. It is heartbreaking.

i'm so sorry for your loss

BigBroFanTX, my heart aches for you for having to endure that. My best friend from high school also lost her son to Leukemia and I know that they took a very big financial hit. The last thing someone should have to worry about in that type of situation is money, but unfortunately it can't be ignored.

I feel for her and I am sending positive thoughts and prayers to her family. I lost my daughter to SIDS and the pain of losing a child never goes away. I am sorry for anyone who has lost a child or has to live everyday with a child fighting an illness its hard to keep going.

I feel for her and I am sending positive thoughts and prayers to her family. I lost my daughter to SIDS and the pain of losing a child never goes away. I am sorry for anyone who has lost a child or has to live everyday with a child fighting an illness its hard to keep going.

So awful to see that multiple people here have lost a child. I'm so sorry for your losses! I'm sure there is a hole in your heart that can never be filled after that.

My heartfelt condolences to you, Janis.