Elissa - DE/Week 10/11 - Evicted (D/E Sep. 5) - Juror #6

JEDI

I do not buy into elyssa being a bad mom...she might have sent the 8 year old to summer camp and that no one sees as abandoning the kid. Get off it. She took care to have him safe fed cared for. He is 8 and the umbilical cord is long since cut. Why do people think it is the woman's responsibility solely to take care of kids? Someone must, but not necessarily the mom. At least not all the time.

It may or may not have any impact on a child, but spare us with the snotting up for the cameras that you are missing their first day of school. She chose to do that for something as completely shallow and narcissistic as BB. Don't forget she made a point of declaring how she doesn't need this money. I will (and have) judge the idiot males who go on this show just the same when they don`t even "need" to be there either.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not buy into elyssa being a bad mom...she might have sent the 8 year old to summer camp and that no one sees as abandoning the kid. Get off it. She took care to have him safe fed cared for. He is 8 and the umbilical cord is long since cut. Why do people think it is the woman's responsibility solely to take care of kids? Someone must, but not necessarily the mom. At least not all the time.

Spot on. Thank you. Moms are allowed to follow their dreams and have a little fun as well!(although the fun aspect was ruined) Also...what mom wouldn't cry when missing their family?!? It wasn't about being regretful, just sadness from missing important moments in a child's life. I worked many years at summer camp where parents sent their kids for 8 weeks. Many had birthdays and such. I am sure the moms cried missing their kids, and the kids got homesick, but in the end all was fine and they returned for another great summer year after year.

i'm not buying it either, but let's face it, haters got to have something to hate..i'm a mother and my husband had just as much to do with raising our 2 kids as i did and we raised them to be adults we are very proud of no parent is perfect but we all do the best we can..i'm sure Elissa is a good mom ..i'm certainly not going to judge her parenting ..it's none of my business ..or anyone elses for that matter..show me a PERFECT parent..they don't exist.. :rolleyes:

What the hell is wrong with some people??? Instead of being offended by the distasteful words spewing freely this season, some seem to join in on the mob mentality and blame Elissa for what??? Being above the low-life bashing, having a successful marriage and business, spending 3 months on a reality show that her sister loved? How is any of this our business? This is TV. We tune in to watch and have no right to make personal assumptions about the real life of the houseguests. Spewing further hatred is absurd. Some people need to grow up and get a life!

At first I thought I was in the Twilight Zone but then I figured it out rather quickly.

The people bashing Elissa on the show are the same people bashing her online, there are millions of Andy's and GMs slithering around and they just want to feel as if they are a part of something with the reality stars that they can relate to based on morals and values.

When the male players on the feeds started to bash the women and children on the show I knew that it was only a matter of time before the Ginnamaries, Andy's and Spencer's out here on this side of he house started mimicking their heroes.

Twitter is lousy with these nut jobs, they have tens of thousands of attention-seeking Tweets were they troll, bait and drop a million pics as if they are getting paid to entertain us....they are a mirror image of the remaining players and don't try to hide it.

Some people have theorized that the deviants are protecting their own deviant heroes by trying to villianize the non-racists and non-bigots who haven't received any backlash from the civilized portion of society.....something to think about.

At first I thought I was in the Twilight Zone but then I figured it out rather quickly.

The people bashing Elissa on the show are the same people bashing her online, there are millions of Andy's and GMs slithering around and they just want to feel as if they are a part of something with the reality stars that they can relate to based on morals and values.

When the male players on the feeds started to bash the women and children on the show I knew that it was only a matter of time before the Ginnamaries, Andy's and Spencer's out here on this side of he house started mimicking their heroes.

Twitter is lousy with these nut jobs, they have tens of thousands of attention-seeking Tweets were they troll, bait and drop a million pics as if they are getting paid to entertain us....they are a mirror image of the remaining players and don't try to hide it.

Some people have theorized that the deviants are protecting their own deviant heroes by trying to villianize the non-racists and non-bigots who haven't received any backlash from the civilized portion of society.....something to think about.

very good points! ita :clap:

Back to the whole are women good mother's if they leave there kids for 3 months issue. When I was young, I might have said it would impossible for me to leave my kids for that long, but as a stepmother of 12 years to the most amazing 13 year old kid, I've learned some things. Parenting is more than smoothering your kid with time. As a parent who has to let her kid go so much of the time, I know that our influence is more about how we spend the time we have with him than how much time we have.

In the life of a child, 3 months isnt all that long, especially if you make sure there is someone there for him who he taking care of him and providing for his needs. As long as the kid know you love him and what you expect of him, you'll be amazed at how wonderful they can be without you. The hardest part sometimes is knowing how fine they are.

Besides women in the military, and a plethora of other working mothers, often leave their kids for extended periods. And while BB isnt a job, its a once in a lifetime oppertunity that I'd find very difficult to turn down as a full time mother of an 8 year old.

Back to the whole are women good mother's if they leave there kids for 3 months issue. When I was young, I might have said it would impossible for me to leave my kids for that long, but as a stepmother of 12 years to the most amazing 13 year old kid, I've learned some things. Parenting is more than smoothering your kid with time. As a parent who has to let her kid go so much of the time, I know that our influence is more about how we spend the time we have with him than how much time we have.

In the life of a child, 3 months isnt all that long, especially if you make sure there is someone there for him who he taking care of him and providing for his needs. As long as the kid know you love him and what you expect of him, you'll be amazed at how wonderful they can be without you. The hardest part sometimes is knowing how fine they are.

Besides women in the military, and a plethora of other working mothers, often leave their kids for extended periods. And while BB isnt a job, its a once in a lifetime oppertunity that I'd find very difficult to turn down as a full time mother of an 8 year old.

I think you've forgotten the child's perspective.

Three months IS a VERY long time from an eight year olds perspective no matter WHO is the other care provider. Time passes quicker once you're an adult.

She's not off on a military stint.

Going up into the shuttle is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Touring Africa is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Big Brother is a smarmy reality show that only desperation for supposedly ' easy money ' might drive one to participate in.

If you don't need the money and you think Big Brother's a golden opportunity not to be missed -- you probaly shouldn't have bred in the first place.

Next........................................

Three months IS a VERY long time from an eight year olds perspective no matter WHO is the other care provider. Time passes quicker once you're an adult.

Big Brother is a smarmy reality show that only desperation for supposedly ' easy money ' might drive one to participate in.

If you don't need the money and you think Big Brother's a golden opportunity not to be missed -- you probaly shouldn't have bred in the first place.

Bred, makes Elissa sound so much like an animal. :D

Wicked's argument trumped all others... :dots:

Maybe you shouldn't breed if you are just going to be unpleasant if someone has a difference of opinion, because no kid is going to agree with everything you think. (Well, unless your into that brainwashing style of parenting, which is quite frightening.)

Personally think it would be interesting to see how far I could go in BB, but I'm a gamer. I love all types of games, board, cards, video, mmorpg. BB would be an ultimate game and it would be fun to see if I read people as well as I think I do. There are very few people who ever get to play a game on this type of scale.

So yes, I would see it as a rare oppertunity and dont think that would make me a bad mother, because I know how to give a kid focused attention and instruction in the time that I am with them. We are a strict but silly, fun household. And I have faith in the rest of the people in my life to be there when I cannot.

And while 3 months might at times feel long to a child, its still not, especially if you are using the rest of your time right.

sSig_iagree.gif

I lived with relatives off and on during my childhood. Lets just say it was not good. The worst feeling as a child is the feeling of abandonment. I still feel the pain as an adult. Also relatives you may trust your child with might be abusing them... just sayin.

What I was saying as a parent I (me myself I) could never leave my child. I loved every second with my daughter.

Anyway I wonder how sitting in the jury house while her son is going to school and having events and not being there for her son is working for her. I wonder if she has regrets leaving him or if she is planning her next adventure on The Amazing Race.

To be fair, if someone in my life was going to abuse my kid, they wouldn't need 3 months to do it. There is no way to be there every moment of every day. There just isn't. You protect them as best you can and pray.... or at least thats what I do.

As far as abandonment issues go, I think there may be more to your story than just 3 months off. I spent a summer away with my relatives and it was a blast. It just depends on the kid and on the people keeping an eye on them. I know my kid, quite well, and I know my family and my spouse. Saddly, he'd still be able to have a great time without me.

I'm not saying that Elissa is a fabulous mother. I really have no way of knowing. But I do believe judging her parenting skills based on her taking 3 months off this summer isn't right.

Booya!