Elissa - DE/Week 10/11 - Evicted (D/E Sep. 5) - Juror #6

JEDI

Well since you quoted my posts 3 times above I guess I might be one of the people talking trash you didn't like. I think I have always said that Elissa seems like she has a nice life a happy marriage and a son she loves. I did say that I don't think she played a good game and was a ding dong. I try really hard to be respectful of Elissa because I know how fanatic and sensitive her fans are. I don't think I have seen anyone post that they hate Elissa. There is a block feature on here if that is what you are asking.

If you look at my responses to your posts Marty, you will note that not once did I say your posts were vile etc. When responding to your posts I simply made points against what you were saying. Your posts are not rude and state your point of view without attacking the players. You think Elissa is a ding-dong. That is a lot less offensive than what others are calling her. I enjoy your posts. The people I refer to as vile most likely know exactly who they are by what they post. I'm not saying that one's opinion should not be allowed to be posted, I just think it could be done with a lost less venom. After all, all we know about these people is what we see on feeds and on air. The people in the house are dealing with each other and take matters way overboard, but for people to post such venom is no better. I do not find your posts offensive and if you believe that I said otherwise, I am sorry if you took it personally. It was a general comment aimed at those that are truly vile in their statements about people they don't know. I guess this is how my friend got censored, because someone took their posts personally when someone had the nerve to disagree with the way they vent about people they don't really know other than through the media.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at my responses to your posts Marty, you will note that not once did I say your posts were vile etc. When responding to your posts I simply made points against what you were saying. Your posts are not rude and state your point of view without attacking the players. You think Elissa is a ding-dong. That is a lot less offensive than what others are calling her. I enjoy your posts. The people I refer to as vile most likely know exactly who they are by what they post. I'm not saying that one's opinion should not be allowed to be posted, I just think it could be done with a lost less venom. After all, all we know about these people is what we see on feeds and on air. The people in the house are dealing with each other and take matters way overboard, but for people to post such venom is no better. I do not find your posts offensive and if you believe that I said otherwise, I am sorry if you took it personally. It was a general comment aimed at those that are truly vile in their statements about people they don't know. I guess this is how my friend got censored, because someone took their posts personally when someone had the nerve to disagree with the way they vent about people they don't really know other than through the media.

Hope you are not so angry and can have fun.... the season is almost over. Next year has GOT to be better.

I think Krusty needed to vent. Lol.

Pretty much everyone on this forum realizes how low the majority of the hg's are this year. Most of the posters are equal-opportunity bashers though. Personally, I think it's counter-productive to lecture people about their comments regarding ONE particular hg because you always come off looking like a person who needs to step away, take a deep breath and remember that it's just a tv show. If a person is willing to put his or herself in the BB house, they will be scrutinized to a tee...even your favorite hg.

In addition, to call out Marty specifically was puzzling to say the least. If you read these boards as often as you claim, you would realize that.

I DID NOT call Marty out. I never referred to him as vile or disgusting. I simply responded to his posts (which I find much more docile compared to some others who insist on calling people names). Marty posed questions as to what made Elissa so special or a good player and I responded. Some people are way too sensitive while being vile at the same time. Marty is not on that list. As for the game, I am well aware that it is just that. My problem is to people in the house and on the boards personally attacking a persons appearance and/or family. That is stepping over the boundaries of decency. If you have to criticize those in the house, do it based on their actions and not their appearance is all I'm saying. And for goodness sake, leave their innocent family members, especially their children out of it.

By the way, if BB has another season, hopefully they will require the contestants to pass some moral and psychological tests to compete.

I really did not think calling Elissa duckface was bashing, more just an observation. :D

Still, it was an attack on her appearance and not her game. Not necessary.

I think the hurt feelings and the perceived need of some posters to personally attack others in defense of their favorite HG happens almost every year. People can get pretty attached to their favorite HG and just cannot handle anything negative said about them. I think it was worst during the Jordan years. You could not say anything negative about her without a group of folks counter attacking. I think everyone should post what ever they feel about the HG and if someone feels the need to counter attack you on a personal level, ignore them and they will generally go away.

Again, attacking a person on their method of play is one thing. To personally attack them is another thing all together. It's not like they are a neighbour or like we know them personally. And to attack a houseguest's family is way too far over the boundaries of decency. The families are not playing and should not be open to bashing by anyone, houseguest or poster.

Other than Edieann, has anyone on this site used their real name? Just saying "fake names and profile pics".

Yes my name has been Marty my whole life. (even though my mother named me Martha) girlglasses.gif

Yes, Rachel & Elissa are like the Kardashians (lol, I don't even know how to spell their name). . .fourth or 5th string though. No real talent but "celebrities" for some strange reason.

The only thing the Kardashians are famous for is being trash with big asses. If that isn't fifth string garbage, I don't know what is.

Yeah, it's weird, every time I check the feeds the weirdos in the house are bashing Elissa...I expect that kind of behavior from the average forum-blogger with 20K posts but not from people who are not anonymous.

Totally agree.

Her lips are not large but they do protrude when she closes her mouth.

As do many other people's mouths. It's the way they were born. Does that make it okay to disrespect their appearance. That is called bullying, although it seems some people feel that is okay.

so do Angelina Jolies :D

Point made. No one refers to AJ as duckface. In fact, they think that pos homewrecker is so beautiful. (Excuse me while I toss my cookies at that thought).

Hope you are not so angry and can have fun.... the season is almost over. Next year has GOT to be better.

I'm not really angry, Marty. Just disappointed at the type of bullying and disrespect shown to other humans. I don't ever recall the type of attacks being made on Elissa being made on any other previous houseguest. As I said before, it is a show. Make remarks based on a players game play, not on their appearance or on their family members. At that point, it becomes bullying and is truly unnecessary. I'd really like to believe that discussions can take place without rudeness and vileness. There are people who can carry on decent discussions, but there are also those that have to dig to the deepest depths of ignorance and depravity, and that is what I can't abide. There is so much nastiness in the world what with wars, bullying, guns etc that normal discussions are hard to come by because not everyone is going to agree. That's what debates are for, but sinking to attacking people you don't really know on a personal level, I feel is just uncalled for.

I'm not really angry, Marty. Just disappointed at the type of bullying and disrespect shown to other humans. I don't ever recall the type of attacks being made on Elissa being made on any other previous houseguest. As I said before, it is a show. Make remarks based on a players game play, not on their appearance or on their family members. At that point, it becomes bullying and is truly unnecessary. I'd really like to believe that discussions can take place without rudeness and vileness. There are people who can carry on decent discussions, but there are also those that have to dig to the deepest depths of ignorance and depravity, and that is what I can't abide. There is so much nastiness in the world what with wars, bullying, guns etc that normal discussions are hard to come by because not everyone is going to agree. That's what debates are for, but sinking to attacking people you don't really know on a personal level, I feel is just uncalled for.

i agree with you totally, Krusty! i can only watch the feeds for a few minutes at a time because the disgusting people who are left can't go 5 seconds without bashing Elissa and her family..the absolute worst one is Andy the rat ..but all of them are terrible..i don't understand where so much hatred comes from ..they act as if she killed someone close to them ..i admire her for living in that enviroment and not stooping to their level..the hatred is irrational just like it is from some posters on here..thank you for speaking up about that..i love to read your posts

Totally agree.

As do many other people's mouths. It's the way they were born. Does that make it okay to disrespect their appearance. That is called bullying, although it seems some people feel that is okay.

Point made. No one refers to AJ as duckface. In fact, they think that pos homewrecker is so beautiful. (Excuse me while I toss my cookies at that thought).

I did not think it disrespectful to note that her lips protrude. Nor for those who see a similarity to the way a duck looks. I posted a photo of a baby duck to show how cute they are. I never called her duck face but I can say that to my eyes she was prettier before she changed her appearance and started wearing all the makeup. There is something funny about how her lips do not protrude while smiling and talking, but the minute she stops, they return to that kind of pursed look that looks so self satisfied as an expression. I do always find that funny about her. the spider eyes disturb me a lot more, but not because of any problem I have with spiders, that is just a description that most of us can understand that she splays out her eyelashes with an eyelash curler and adds all that mascara making her eyes look like they have a lot of thin splayed out legs sort of like a spider. Looking at her makes me want to blink.

I do not judge people by how they look, but when a person makes themselves look a certain way, I suppose it says something about their values, view of themselves, has some resonance to meaning rather than mere judgment by what God gave them.

Other than keeping his hair short, Andy does zilch to his looks. I think he looks fine. McC keeps his hair long, but he puts a kerchief on it and does not wash it all that much and those things have some resonance about him, particularly the washing part. GM has a penchant for piling her hair up like a Japanese Geisha what is that about? No one says anything about that. I have no problem with it except to wonder why she wants to make herself look like she has two heads.

Well #bb15 at Twitter has gone overboard with the Elissa tweets, and everytime I read that someone is voting to give her the 25k over Howard who's unemployed or Jessie who rocked that house getting Helen and Amanda's games blown apart, I want to gag.

Why? Big Brother is not a charity. Jessie was weak in the house, and while I liked Howard, he didn't always makes sense.