Elissa - DE/Week 10/11 - Evicted (D/E Sep. 5) - Juror #6

JEDI

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just try to keep my expectations low so 1) I don't get overly worked up over a tv show and 2) so I can be pleasantly surprised when someone actually behaves like an intelligent, decent human being. I believe it's called a coping mechanism. Anyway, I enjoy the season more if I refrain from picking a favorite & defending everything about them while bashing the others. But that's just ME.

I really did not think calling Elissa duckface was bashing, more just an observation. :D

I'm not sure when it became more acceptable (or least offensive) to call someone a sociopath, fat, white trash, hood rat, ghetto girl, tramp, slut etc etc than it is to call someone duckface?

If it looks like a duck, then it must be one, right?

I think the hurt feelings and the perceived need of some posters to personally attack others in defense of their favorite HG happens almost every year. People can get pretty attached to their favorite HG and just cannot handle anything negative said about them. I think it was worst during the Jordan years. You could not say anything negative about her without a group of folks counter attacking. I think everyone should post what ever they feel about the HG and if someone feels the need to counter attack you on a personal level, ignore them and they will generally go away.

What we had more this year than any other year (that I remember) is the long lecture posts that implied anyone who said anything negative about her were deeply flawed people. And the long lectures about racism. If anyone dared to discuss Aaryn's game play, some follow up posts would say all the posters at Morty's worshiped Aaryn. From all the posts I have read, other than the Elissa fanatics, most disliked every one of them, either for their lack of game or their nasty selves.

I think the hurt feelings and the perceived need of some posters to personally attack others in defense of their favorite HG happens almost every year. People can get pretty attached to their favorite HG and just cannot handle anything negative said about them. I think it was worst during the Jordan years. You could not say anything negative about her without a group of folks counter attacking. I think everyone should post what ever they feel about the HG and if someone feels the need to counter attack you on a personal level, ignore them and they will generally go away.

They never go away, they come back every year with one of their fake names and continue the same schtick.

I'm not sure when it became more acceptable (or least offensive) to call someone a sociopath, fat, white trash, hood rat, ghetto girl, tramp, slut etc etc than it is to call someone duckface?

If it looks like a duck, then it must be one, right?

So true. One post I read called Andy a freak.

What we had more this year than any other year (that I remember) is the long lecture posts that implied anyone who said anything negative about her were deeply flawed people. And the long lectures about racism. If anyone dared to discuss Aaryn's game play, some follow up posts would say all the posters at Morty's worshiped Aaryn. From all the posts I have read, other than the Elissa fanatics, most disliked every one of them, either for their lack of game or their nasty selves.

I think the racial stuff took off this year because this was the first time I can remember it being so blatant, in your face and sustained in the house. For the posters, it is a very hard topic to discuss and maintain a civil discourse because both sides tend to stop listening and trying to understand the other side after about the 5th comment. Then it becomes attack, counter attack and accusations.

I definitely agree with you about the long lectures. Some folks felt they were personally responsible to address every comment that they disagreed with.

Clearly those posters need something more substantial in their lives.

I'd rather smack em. VwV

They never go away, they come back every year with one of their fake names and continue the same schtick.

Or multiple psuedos....

I think the racial stuff took off this year because this was the first time I can remember it being so blatant, in your face and sustained in the house. For the posters, it is a very hard topic to discuss and maintain a civil discourse because both sides tend to stop listening and trying to understand the other side after about the 5th comment. Then it becomes attack, counter attack and accusations.

I definitely agree with you about the long lectures. Some folks felt they were personally responsible to address every comment that they disagreed with.

Imagine the length of time they spend Googling? Bet they raised kids with a mind-numbed look upon their faces!

Clearly those posters need something more substantial in their lives.

I'd rather smack em. VwV

Or multiple psuedos....

Imagine the length of time they spend Googling? Bet they raised kids with a mind-numbed look upon their faces!

It must have took hours and hours of looking up that crap. Anything more than 3 lines I knew was either a reprimand, or BS. Next...

She is going to be a BB celebrity contestant next year!

tumblr_mgeaojD2Am1r8xh2qo1_500.gif

The same people who are complaining about the bashing in this thread have no problems bashing other HGs in other threads. Par for the course here.

Ohhhhhhh let's click on names shall we?

I am glad that elissa is gone. I got so sick of hearing the damm duck thing. Seriously. I couldn't even look at her anymore without thinking duck and I didn't even think her lips were all that big. For those persons upset that elissa is gone, I tell you not to worry; she will be back. Sigh.

Don't you mean (in Elissa's own words) Quock, Quock!! :lol2:

Good thing he still has a pic of her. :)

LOL I just can't. :lol2:

I am glad that elissa is gone. I got so sick of hearing the damm duck thing. Seriously. I couldn't even look at her anymore without thinking duck and I didn't even think her lips were all that big. For those persons upset that elissa is gone, I tell you not to worry; she will be back. Sigh.

I'm glad she is gone as I don't have to watch her bizzaro DR sessions anymore. She was always making crazy facial expressions and speaking like she had just smoked some primo weed.

I'm glad she is gone as I don't have to watch her bizzaro DR sessions anymore. She was always making crazy facial expressions and speaking like she had just smoked some primo weed.

Dead on! My friend has never watched BB and politely asked what was WRONG with that lady on TV during Elissa's DR session.

ahahahaha

I'm glad she is gone as I don't have to watch her bizzaro DR sessions anymore. She was always making crazy facial expressions and speaking like she had just smoked some primo weed and she looks like a duck!

Dead on! My friend has never watched BB and politely asked what was WRONG with that lady on TV during Elissa's DR session.

ahahahaha

This is your brain on drugs:

04%20elissa%20mvp.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACH