8/29 TV Show Eviction Night Thread

uvp

What's this crud about Julie Chen sleeping her way to the top? The top of what, hosting Big Brother? Hosting Big Brother is a step down. She was the host of Big Brother years before dating Leslie Moonves and she had been an anchor/co-host of CBS Morning News and The Early Show before that.

There's no way she would have a talk show if she weren't married to the president of CBS. And talk shows can be considered a step up from news shows many times, if people like Katie Couric and Anderson Cooper are any indication.

But anyway, the point was that Julie Chen is definitely not someone who should be morally self-righteous. It doesn't really matter anymore though, so that's all I have to say about her.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way she would have a talk show if she weren't married to the president of CBS. And talk shows can be considered a step up from news shows many times, if people like Katie Couric and Anderson Cooper are any indication.

But anyway, the point was that Julie Chen is definitely not someone who should be morally self-righteous. It doesn't really matter anymore though, so that's all I have to say about her.

With no opinion about the rest quoted.....NO ONE should be morally self-righteous. No one.

In my opinion this is just ridiculous, everything turkinator said is right on, and I watched her interview with Aryn this am and I didn't think it was bad at all, I thought Julie Chen had great restraint, shes not morally self righteous , you really think it was right or nice the crappy things Aryn said?and for once I'm glad it was addressed, all of America has been against this crude racist comments that Aryn made, and she's not the only one Amanda is a huge malcontent and a bully,I'm sure she's gonna get hers from the Chen bot too, lets hope sooner then later, no one knows Julie chens private life, so why ppl want to hate on her is beyond me, I think she has done just great all on her own , and who cares if it were true that her husband helped her with her show, good for Julie, a nice perk of bein married to the boss, smart girl, I find her very down to earth and anything but harsh.

IMO, CBS realizes that the behavior of the HG this year is just appalling and if they do not do something, the behavior of the HG is only going to get worse in the future. CBS probably feels that if they shame a few HG, they will not have to worry about this in the future. I think, at least Amanda will also get called out. Of coarse it depends on when and what is going on when she or other HG get evicted. I doubt there will be any tough interviews next week because of the DE.

I think CBS wants ratings but they know that another season like this one could do major damage to their brand.

IMO, CBS realizes that the behavior of the HG this year is just appalling and if they do not do something, the behavior of the HG is only going to get worse in the future. CBS probably feels that if they shame a few HG, they will not have to worry about this in the future. I think, at least Amanda will also get called out. Of coarse it depends on when and what is going on when she or other HG get evicted. I doubt there will be any tough interviews next week because of the DE.

I think CBS wants ratings but they know that another season like this one could do major damage to their brand.

There's no doubt in my mind Amanda will get hers when she gets evicted, it would be a travesty if she won, I also feel this show could be in jeopardy because of the antics of this houseguest crew, there has never been such controversy, well when that one guy put a knife to geesh what's her names?throat, Amanda has threatened Elissa's life and while we know she deep down is not serious it's a serious threat, there have been sooo many petitions and calling for Aryn to get expelled, right or wrong it makes for a bad light to be thrown on this show, cours ,lol, this might be a time where it's a good thing Julie Chen is married to the boss and the show will be in less jeopardy

. Aaryn definitely deserves harsh interviews, but leave it to the professionals Ms. Chen, especially since no one else has received that treatment. :lipsrsealed2:

who else that has been evicted deserved that treatment? Aaryn is the first evicted HG to deserve to be called out as spewing racism.......oops forgot about Kaitlyn but she did say something to her.