Amanda - Week 9 - POV winner

uvp

hmm, tweens watching the feeds and seeing people get away with this stuff under the guise of it being a game show ??

Nice example to set..... NOT

oh, and you could win big bucks in the end (but, maybe lose your job and reputation)

Only youngsters or fanatical ( scary ) viewers would create such a useless petition. The LAST ones that need to be watching such a show. There's your world's future folks.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only youngsters or fanatical ( scary ) viewers would create such a useless petition. The LAST ones that need to be watching such a show. There's your world's future folks.

I have to agree. A petition of any sort for a show like this is pretty silly if you ask me. Why take is so seriously? It has no baring on anyone's life what so ever. It's just a tv show.

I have to agree. A petition of any sort for a show like this is pretty silly if you ask me. Why take is so seriously? It has no baring on anyone's life what so ever. It's just a tv show.

precisely

I don't know what makes people transfer what people do and say on a "game show" to real life. I really wish people would stop it. I don't really care how disgusting, rude or shady people are on tv, I am not going to sign petitions or make phone calls to try and ruin their lives. Whether a person makes jokes about pedophilia, is a racist, bully's other HG or treats their pets badly, I view it as entertainment only . I don't get bent out of shape and call the person job, police or humane society. It is stupid. I don't consider people who do stuff like that to be very bright or sane. But, every year we get people who call peoples jobs, start letter writing campaigns to CBS, threaten boycotts of sponsor's products, it's crazy. A couple years ago it was reported that there were threats to Shelly's family for evicting Jeff. Whether it was true or not, I do not know, I do know that it was pages and pages of discussion of it here on Morty's. If anyone did threaten her family, they are crazy and needs to stop watching BB. People also called the Humane Society because of comments made by Kalia about the treatment of her dog.

This is a game show. Most of the contestants are doing their best to get notice by a talent agent. I am quite sure they embellish things and at times flat out lies. Either way, as far as I am concerned, what they do in the house is between them, CBS, their family and friends and their employer. I don't have anything to do with it other than as entertainment. If I go to the business where they work after they get out of the house, and they treat me badly, then I will take action. Until then, they are just actors and no different than the WWF and Vince McMahon. If you are so emotionally caught up in this game that you have trouble distinguishing it from real life, you really need to step away and stop watching.

As bad as Evel Dick was, I'd be willing to bet the he at least has enough respect for his family to not lay up in bed and have sex on camera for all the world to see,,,,,,.not flash his junk in front of a room full of people...not throw little temper tantrums for drugs just to name a few.

I'm sure that the people he knows were not surprised at the way he acted. I'm pretty sure that Amanda's family and friends are horrified.

He was a man in his forties (looked 60) who looked as dirty as McCrae does and said the most vile things. If I was a family member I would be embarrassed. By the way, he also looked like he went around the block a few times with some drugs.

I don't know what makes people transfer what people do and say on a "game show" to real life. I really wish people would stop it. I don't really care how disgusting, rude or shady people are on tv, I am not going to sign petitions or make phone calls to try and ruin their lives. Whether a person makes jokes about pedophilia, is a racist, bully's other HG or treats their pets badly, I view it as entertainment only . I don't get bent out of shape and call the person job, police or humane society. It is stupid. I don't consider people who do stuff like that to be very bright or sane. But, every year we get people who call peoples jobs, start letter writing campaigns to CBS, threaten boycotts of sponsor's products, it's crazy. A couple years ago it was reported that there were threats to Shelly's family for evicting Jeff. Whether it was true or not, I do not know, I do know that it was pages and pages of discussion of it here on Morty's. If anyone did threaten her family, they are crazy and needs to stop watching BB. People also called the Humane Society because of comments made by Kalia about the treatment of her dog.

This is a game show. Most of the contestants are doing their best to get notice by a talent agent. I am quite sure they embellish things and at times flat out lies. Either way, as far as I am concerned, what they do in the house is between them, CBS, their family and friends and their employer. I don't have anything to do with it other than as entertainment. If I go to the business where they work after they get out of the house, and they treat me badly, then I will take action. Until then, they are just actors and no different than the WWF and Vince McMahon. If you are so emotionally caught up in this game that you have trouble distinguishing it from real life, you really need to step away and stop watching.

applause-light-sign_grande.png?111

Don't be surprized if next spring you see Amanda as a new cast member of "Real Housewives of _______" She would be perfect. I'd put her up against Omerosa or NeNe any day of the week!

I guess it would be Real HW of Miami. lol

I'd watch her.

WWF is fake? :lol2:

Anyway, excellent points and you know how serious people here take it with their 16 paragraph posts that end up having nothing to do with BB and getting trigger happy reporting someone because their opinion is different.

:notworthy:

Agree - I hate petitions and organized boycotts bla bla bla 0000000057.gif

but I still reserve the right to be a hater. sHa_wink3.gif

Amanda making things hot for Elyssa is a replay of Evil D and he won. I was glad Amanda won POV because I said that if Elyssa did not put both of them on the block she would win it. I liked being predictive on that point. And for all of you who did not know...she can not be put on the block she is safe. Them's the rules. I wanted to see Elyssa put those two on the block so when Amanda won POV the house would decide whether to break that twosome up by getting rid of Mc or to evict Aryan whom I have wanted to see gone for a long time now. I do not know which I would have preferred and would have watched out of interest as to the house idea. With neither of them going...well it had better be Aryan or I may just bail on this season. I bailed on Evil D season when it got utterly and annoyingly predictable.

Now about the ketchup on a menstrual pad...that is not a sanitary issue...it is disgusting to the person who thinks they are dealing with a dirty pad, but a measure of Amanda not being insane is that she did not use a real used pad, but made a disgusting image that was not unsanitary. She missed smearing the condom with the ketchup on the outside however LOL Remember when I mentioned that someone had the opportunity to eat pizza a ways back when someone was on their period...not one of you bothered to note it with an EWWWW LOL

The way this is playing out, I am becoming more and more convinced that the whole thing is suggested scripting by BB. Otherwise Elyssa would have put up those two and that would have been broken up. Also a lot of what Amanda does seems to be goaded from behind the scenes to make things more good tv.

The latest conspiracy is that Amanda got a big CBS reprimand and that is why she went up to HOH last night and apologized to Elissa and hugged her.

I wonder how that will make Candice fans feel since CBS told Amanda to apologize to Elissa but nobody told anyone to apologize to Candice? Hmmmm...

Elissa is more entitled and she is the real friend of Grodner.

This post! :notworthy:

Within 8 hours she went from a Hitler Like rampage toward Elissa and commands to the rest of the HG...

to seeing her sniveling in her bed to McC... to apologizing and making nice with her arch enemy.

Certifiable... or... afraid of being kicked off the show because of a warning ?

(I caught part of her convo/cry with McC - and she was trying to explain away her behavior)

Joystick... I feel like this is real life. THREE months of these peoples lives.

WE shouldn't get so emotionally involved with what this group of people decide to

do with those 3 months tho

Within 8 hours she went from a Hitler Like rampage toward Elissa and commands to the rest of the HG...

to seeing her sniveling in her bed to McC... to apologizing and making nice with her arch enemy.

Certifiable... or... afraid of being kicked off the show because of a warning ?

(I caught part of her convo/cry with McC - and she was trying to explain away her behavior)

Joystick... I feel like this is real life. THREE months of these peoples lives.

WE shouldn't get so emotionally involved with what this group of people decide to

do with those 3 months tho

Bi-polar?

I agree with almost all you say BUT (sorry there is a but) this is not a "game show" this is a "reality show". You are not allowed to manipulate a game show, it is against the law, but a reality show they are allowed to do what they please except when it is supposed to be something voted on by the public. Now on to the bullying etc...., I am a grown adult so I am able to look at things as a game, there is a younger audience watching who may not be at a maturity level (just by life experience) to do so,who will admire the tactics some of the HG display and admire them. Sorry if I sound "old" but some of the Hg are out of control. Here in Canada an anti-bullying law was passed, even if no physical harm has taken place a school is held legally responsible for any bullying. When you sign on to do a reality show you have to know that lying, back stabbing etc is going to be a part of the game and I say may the best man/woman win. Personal attacks on any level, non game related need to be squashed.

As for the viewers who threaten reality show contestants, they really should stop watching. At least the people in these shows have been cooped up and probably have gone a little crazy, we have no excuse.

I just turned on the feeds and there is Elissa and Amanda best friends in the pool giggling and taking pictures of each other. sSc_eek.gif

GM is Elissa's best friend. Maybe they're spiking the water in the BB house?

I agree with almost all you say BUT (sorry there is a but) this is not a "game show" this is a "reality show". You are not allowed to manipulate a game show, it is against the law, but a reality show they are allowed to do what they please except when it is supposed to be something voted on by the public. Now on to the bullying etc...., I am a grown adult so I am able to look at things as a game, there is a younger audience watching who may not be at a maturity level (just by life experience) to do so,who will admire the tactics some of the HG display and admire them. Sorry if I sound "old" but some of the Hg are out of control. Here in Canada an anti-bullying law was passed, even if no physical harm has taken place a school is held legally responsible for any bullying. When you sign on to do a reality show you have to know that lying, back stabbing etc is going to be a part of the game and I say may the best man/woman win. Personal attacks on any level, non game related need to be squashed.

As for the viewers who threaten reality show contestants, they really should stop watching. At least the people in these shows have been cooped up and probably have gone a little crazy, we have no excuse.

I'm thinking because there is a prize wouldn't that qualify it as a game show? Top Chef, Project Runway, ANTM are game shows in my eyes.

I think that it is ridiculous to claim that viewers are not involved in houseguests lives - within the scope of their real life - when they are online posting everyday in a forum about the most minute facets of their 24/7 camera life for three months. I am also of the opinion that if a person feels the need to complain of content to the parent company mounting the program; that is full well within the right of the viewer. What is entertainment to one person is not necessarily entertainment to another. I've said that complaining and complaining and complaining here is nothing but a venting process which is fine and serves its purpose. You know how much time you spend watching or listening to live feeds and posting online about big brother. If you see something you don't like complain to CBS. It might make a difference, it might not. It is all about not calling someone stupid because they feel differently than you or I.

I think that it is ridiculous to claim that viewers are not involved in houseguests lives - within the scope of their real life - when they are online posting everyday in a forum about the most minute facets of their 24/7 camera life for three months. I am also of the opinion that if a person feels the need to complain of content to the parent company mounting the program; that is full well within the right of the viewer. What is entertainment to one person is not necessarily entertainment to another. I've said that complaining and complaining and complaining here is nothing but a venting process which is fine and serves its purpose. You know how much time you spend watching or listening to live feeds and posting online about big brother. If you see something you don't like complain to CBS. It might make a difference, it might not. It is all about not calling someone stupid because they feel differently than you or I.

Hmmm.. are ridiculous and stupid that much different?

@GingerSnaps apparently there was a law suit a few years ago and it was deemed that because it is not a game show but a reality show the producers are within their rights to manipulate the game. (Just for the record I do not believe they have a particular character set up to win the game but I do believe they have certain characters they want to "stick around")

@GingerSnaps apparently there was a law suit a few years ago and it was deemed that because it is not a game show but a reality show the producers are within their rights to manipulate the game. (Just for the record I do not believe they have a particular character set up to win the game but I do believe they have certain characters they want to "stick around")

Thank you Brook. I think if someone really went on the show to win money and found out the outcomes are manipulated they would be really mad. I know I would, because I am investing time and may be giving up something to be there at a shot to win money. Then you have those who are there for the fame and attention who really don't care because they may get "discovered" or it may give them future opportunities. I agree, they want certain people to hang around because that increases ratings and I do believe they have manipulated players and situations.

brookteag : " Just for the record I do not believe they have a particular character set up to win the game but I do believe they have certain characters they want to "stick around") "

I have a hard time with any type of manipulation. Especially where people have taken 3 months out of their lives

- all with the hopes of winning the big prize.