Elissa - Week 9 HOH

CeCiMom

It's quite pompous to tell other posters they are wrong. We all have our opinions and I did not specifically say the duo, I said the other HGs.

Please go harass someone else. I can see those who stake their lives on this game are annoyed because the duo are staying. It doesn't change a thing for me if they go or stay.

I really wish there was a "Like" button. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who try to make the opinions of others seem invalid because they do not agree with them. And trying to make yourself seem smarter by using flowery language does not add any creedence at all to an argument. In fact, it just makes you seem desperate.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish there was a "Like" button. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who try to make the opinions of others seem invalid because they do not agree with them. And trying to make yourself seem smarter by using flowery language does not add any creedence at all to an argument. In fact, it just makes you seem desperate.

Kudos to Elissa for not wavering in her resolve regardless of the mind games Amanda and crew tried to pull on her!!!

YES! :hurray::hurray: :hurray: Elissa has more class in her little finger than Amazonbitch, Airhead or mcdirty or andy or fat boy have combined!

OK, I agree that Andy make a far better target than Judd. Personally I just don't think Judd belongs back in the game because he was evicted once. Just seem wrong to bring people who have lost.

With that say, YES put up Andy and evict him. I can't stand to listen to him, but I do give him credit for playing a decent game. He has done an outstanding job at being a weasel to selling everyone out to get ahead, and hey, getting to the end is important. Not sure if he would get any vote if he does.

Ok. Please help me understand is Andy I know is trying to study off the block. Would spencer Judd and Andy vote Aaryn out if ginamarie goes up is the Amanda spell cast over them too

that is suppose to be the plan! Put him up and we will see! Just hope GM doesn't spill the beans

Not thrilled with her this week, but then again I haven't been since she threw her "friend" Candice under the bus to the other side. She won too late. Too late. All of the people who would have protected her, she helped evict (with the exception of Helen, who unlike Candice and Howard got her vote). There's something to be said about karma, and it's now coming back to bite her. She won this HoH, but in the long run, where is it going to take her but to jury? Since Spence, Mc and Amanda are the power votes this week, Aaryn will probably leave, but Amanda was her target. On top of that she has alienated Amanda to the point of no return, when Amanda wanted to work with her after Helen left. Moves don't get more insane than that guys.

Not thrilled with her this week, but then again I haven't been since she threw her "friend" Candice under the bus to the other side. She won too late. Too late. All of the people who would have protected her, she helped evict (with the exception of Helen, who unlike Candice and Howard got her vote). There's something to be said about karma, and it's now coming back to bite her. She won this HoH, but in the long run, where is it going to take her but to jury? Since Spence, Mc and Amanda are the power votes this week, Aaryn will probably leave, but Amanda was her target. On top of that she has alienated Amanda to the point of no return, when Amanda wanted to work with her after Helen left. Moves don't get more insane than that guys.

Elissa argued against voting out Howard. She didn't have the votes to save Candice. Both of these votes were championed by Amanda and to a somewhat lesser extent, Helen.

What has been logically insane is that until Elissa's HOH, no HOH took the opportunity to break up the terrible two. The strategy to weaken Amanda by either to evicting her or evicting her supporter Aaryn(another pair: Aaryn & GM) is sound. Allowing a pair to get this far unharmed IS truly insane gameplay.

Monk

Elissa argued against voting out Howard. She didn't have the votes to save Candice. Both of these votes were championed by Amanda and to a somewhat lesser extent, Helen.

What has been logically insane is that until Elissa's HOH, no HOH took the opportunity to break up the terrible two. The strategy to weaken Amanda by either to evicting her or evicting her supporter Aaryn(another pair: Aaryn & GM) is sound. Allowing a pair to get this far unharmed IS truly insane gameplay.

Monk

No. I've heard Elissa tell Helen and Amanda many times she didn't care if he left because he didn't talk game with her; that he was Candice's friend and not hers. She added continuously that Candice's relationship with him made no sense to her, and agreed with Helen, that he needed to leave so Candi would be stronger. Thinking doesn't get more foolish in a game like this than that. If Candice was her friend, than Howard should have been a plus in her mind. His later comp wins would have been she and Candice's as well. Instead she ran with Helen and Amanda who badly influenced her to believe Howard was this big, strong guy who would mow them down in later comps and wipe them out. Howard prayed with her daily, and talked with her about scripture. He encouraged her to stand strong on days when she was missing her family, and feeling defeated by Aaryn and the other "cool kids". How she could look at him and not see a friend is beyond my reasoning....

There is always a choice when you feel people are ganging up on you, and forcing you to do things you really don't want to do. Instead of passively going along with Helen and Amanda, she should have assertively aligned with Howard, Candice, Spence and Jessie...Who was looking for a solid alliance at that time. She was being picked on by the "Cool kids", and would have gladly joined Elissa. That would have been a 5 person alliance, and Elissa would be in a totally different position now.

Nothing about her attempt to evict Amanda is "sound" because she did not make smart noms. She also underestimated Amanda's ability to save herself. And finally, she has not weakened Amanda's alliance because they still have the numbers when Aaryn leaves.

Unfortunately, Mcnasty's will have the numbers because GM will not vote against Aaryn. She's as flakey as they come. At this point, I don't believe anyone in the house will back her up. If she goes home next week, it will be the end of the game for me personally.

No. I've heard Elissa tell Helen and Amanda many times she didn't care if he left because he didn't talk game with her; that he was Candice's friend and not hers. She added continuously that Candice's relationship with him made no sense to her, and agreed with Helen, that he needed to leave so Candi would be stronger. Thinking doesn't get more foolish in a game like this than that. If Candice was her friend, than Howard should have been a plus in her mind. His later comp wins would have been she and Candice's as well. Instead she ran with Helen and Amanda who badly influenced her to believe Howard was this big, strong guy who would mow them down in later comps and wipe them out. Howard prayed with her daily, and talked with her about scripture. He encouraged her to stand strong on days when she was missing her family, and feeling defeated by Aaryn and the other "cool kids". How she could look at him and not see a friend is beyond my reasoning....

There is always a choice when you feel people are ganging up on you, and forcing you to do things you really don't want to do. Instead of passively going along with Helen and Amanda, she should have assertively aligned with Howard, Candice, Spence and Jessie...Who was looking for a solid alliance at that time. She was being picked on by the "Cool kids", and would have gladly joined Elissa. That would have been a 5 person alliance, and Elissa would be in a totally different position now.

Nothing about her attempt to evict Amanda is "sound" because she did not make smart noms. She also underestimated Amanda's ability to save herself. And finally, she has not weakened Amanda's alliance because they still have the numbers when Aaryn leaves.

Apparently you did miss the discussions Elissa had with Howard and Candice. You also appear to have missed the pushback she gave Amanda and Helen on those evictions.

As far as, Howards comp wins, well, I didn't see much from him that would suggest that they would be coming. He tried yoga with Elissa and he just couldn't handle the strain for very long. He failed at every comp... even the ones that were obviously life or death for him... Musclebound doesn't equate to Comp wins... we've all seen that bit of truth over the seasons.

Elissa went to Howard after the bed flipping incident and encouraged him to stay strong and to be strong on those days when he felt alone in the house.

Who was praying with whom... was Howard praying with Elissa or was Elissa praying with Howard or more likely were they just praying together.

Coming off those first few weeks didn't leave Elissa much power to 'flip' the house and create another super alliance. She wasn't passive in the sense that you mean, she was quietly working Helen and Amanda but her efforts fell on deaf ears as Amanda was certain that Howard was a powerhouse and after her while Helen was a paranoid mess obsessed with her own press.

Howard had no chance against Amanda when he lost Helen partly as a result of isolating himself after the mean girls tirade. He should never have isolated himself... then to make matters worse, Candice isolated herself from those who were ready, willing and able to support her... Bad move Howard... Bad move Candice...

Any super alliance with Spencer, Judd, Howard, Candice died when Howard and Candice chose to separate themselves from Helen and Elissa. Spencer could never be counted upon in an alliance with any woman and Judd is just one guy... So, this 5 HG alliance is down to Elissa and Judd, who was voted out soon thereafter. Not much of a path to success there, wouldn't you agree?

I have posted before that I thought she should have nominated both Amanda and McCrea and left Aaryn for someone else to handle, but it is not a poor choice to nom McCrea and Aaryn as the are both 3am members and form the muscle behind Amanda and both are in duos. If Amanda loses either one she loses strength. A reasonably good choice but still the better choice would have been to nom McManda.

And to your point about underestimating Amanda's ability to save herself, remember, they all have the ability to save themselves to some extent... Amanda just hadn't shown much ability to win in the past... As is true for all things BB, it is/was a calculated risk. And although Elissa may not have success in breaking up either duo(McManda/GM-Aaryn) she wasn't a puppet and she stuck to her guns. For that and more she may have just assured herself of at least $25k.

Monk

Well she put up Andy! Yippee! Someone from 3am will be gone. I would call this a successful HOH.

I'm with you... Elissa is the very first HOH that has had the backbone to put a dent in Amanda's crew. For that & for the grace she has shown while Amanda makes a fool of herself, I'm gonna vote for her to be America's player.

Monk

I'm holding out on AP for whoever get Amanda out! This is the 1st wakeup call to these idiots!! I hope they start to smell the coffee (and the McStinky) soon!!!

same here - that is my pledge

LIKE!

I think Elissa's HOH is ultimately the reason people came together to form an alliance with the specific goal of getting McCranda out!! If not for her standing up to that alliance and ultimately highlighting the core group, they wouldn't have formed (hideous name... Gag) the Exterminators!!!

I don't even think Ananda knows how vital it will be to win HOH next week.

Flowery language... now that is amusing... It's called a vocabulary where I come from. It's one of those old-timey things that folks used to value.

But here's one just for you Gorilla:::: Yo dude, Bitch'en post!!!

Monk

NO IDEA why ANYONE'S giving her credit. She was too chicken sh!t to put Amanda and McCrae up and KEEP one up to BOOT out the door.

Compared to the past HOH reigns in which evicting Judd was considered the Big move this season, I give her HOH reign credit for getting out Aaryn. Who by the way everyone wanted out earlier in the season for her racial remarks and were calling for her head! But that was before Amanda decided that she could top Aaryn because she is the Queen and the kingdom bowed to her. So all in all I consider Elissas' HOH the biggest one YET, and hope the next one is BIGGER!

If Elissa really intended to back door Amanda, then she should have kept it to herself until after the veto comp. When she initially made the noms, she made it clear that she was targeting Aaryn and only put Mc up so he and Amanda would try hard for the veto. One of them wins, he comes down, she can say "see...told you it would work, Aaryn didn't win veto, lets get her out" A cover story if you will in case by chance, one of them did win. If she truly wanted one of them out, then she should have just put them both up to begin with and taken her lumps with the other one left in the house.

By her starting the war chants last night about a possible backdoor move, all she did was alert McManda, who will now verbally beat her senseless for the rest of the week. If she would have just kept the backdoor plan to herself, until after the veto, she could have eased the pain the she is sure to endure.

Are we watching the same Amanda? Had she put them both up, Amanda jus would have started the torture earlier. Really didnt matter and Elissa knows this. She wanted to be remebered for a great backdoor and it didnt work. She still knows its a strike against the four. Aaryn is the next best option.

Are we watching the same Amanda? Had she put them both up, Amanda jus would have started the torture earlier. Really didnt matter and Elissa knows this. She wanted to be remebered for a great backdoor and it didnt work. She still knows its a strike against the four. Aaryn is the next best option.

Yup.....totally!