apprentice_logo_RBG.jpg

Candidate

pic_markus.jpg

hdr_markus.jpg

Hometown: Sarasota, Florida

Current Application Status:

[ X ] Active ~ [ X ] Hired ~ [ X ] Fired

Bio

Markus, 41, grew up splitting his time between Chicago and Sarasota, Florida. Although, he has lived in many other cities including Los Angeles, Atlanta and New York. While attending Santa Monica College for pre-law, Markus chose to breakaway in favor of pursuing the life of an entrepreneur.

He had involvement in the ultra high-end furniture industry for ten years, focusing on distribution and furniture design with clients including Disney, Universal and select residential properties. Markus invented, developed and marketed The FootMate

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

ALL FIRED UP:

Mark (aka Markus) Garrison, who was booted off The Apprentice last night, isn't done with the Donald. Rankled by what he calls "lazy, hugely dishonest editing" that painted him as "Markus, the motormouth doofus," the 41-year-old inventor tells TVGuide.com, "I'm issuing a public challenge to Trump to have a debate

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

ALL FIRED UP:

Mark (aka Markus) Garrison, who was booted off The Apprentice last night, isn't done with the Donald. Rankled by what he calls "lazy, hugely dishonest editing" that painted him as "Markus, the motormouth doofus," the 41-year-old inventor tells TVGuide.com, "I'm issuing a public challenge to Trump to have a debate

Carolyn hit the nail on the head with this guy. On most tasks the P.M. would give him something to do at the beginning, he wouldn't do it, so he would be "marginalized the rest of the task. If his team won, he had nothing to worry about. If they lost, he'd say "I told you so, ", and it actually worked for a while.

And "editing " his biography, it sounds like he couldn't cut it in pre-law, hasn't been working for a while, so he is "re-introducing" a previous "invention" that apparently never caught on.

I'm always skeptical of people that call themselves "entrepreneurs", anyway.

I'm sure that Bill Rancic is thrilled that Marcus considers him a "kindred spirit".

Carolyn hit the nail on the head with this guy. On most tasks the P.M. would give him something to do at the beginning, he wouldn't do it, so he would be "marginalized the rest of the task. If his team won, he had nothing to worry about. If they lost, he'd say "I told you so, ", and it actually worked for a while.

And "editing " his biography, it sounds like he couldn't cut it in pre-law, hasn't been working for a while, so he is "re-introducing" a previous "invention" that apparently never caught on.

I'm always skeptical of people that call themselves "entrepreneurs", anyway.

I'm sure that Bill Rancic is thrilled that Marcus considers him a "kindred spirit".

Yea, Bill is probably calling him up to party as we speak!

Seriously though, this guy was just inarticulate. His act was only going to get so far with The Donald. I was just glad to see another one of the slackers go!

I knew Markus would self destruct in time. I've hated him since Episode 1. . . BUT. . . this was not the appropriate week for him to be fired. Clay & Adam were more responsible than Markus for loosing that task. Adam was not a strong enough P.M. to nix a subject he was clearly uncomfortable with and uninformed about. Clay, in my opinion, did the most damage by his inappropriate comments and way-too-relaxed attitude. He behaved as if he was in a room with a bunch of friends instead of a classroom with strangers. Donald made a mistake, once again!! He better start paying attention or this show will sink even further. Most of his firings seem to be willy-nilly and have nothing to do with the current weeks task.

I knew Markus would self destruct in time. I've hated him since Episode 1. . . BUT. . . this was not the appropriate week for him to be fired. Clay & Adam were more responsible than Markus for loosing that task. Adam was not a strong enough P.M. to nix a subject he was clearly uncomfortable with and uninformed about. Clay, in my opinion, did the most damage by his inappropriate comments and way-too-relaxed attitude. He behaved as if he was in a room with a bunch of friends instead of a classroom with strangers. Donald made a mistake, once again!! He better start paying attention or this show will sink even further. Most of his firings seem to be willy-nilly and have nothing to do with the current weeks task.

That's just it though. Other than the first few episodes when there isn't much to go on other than the particular task at hand, you should be looking at performance over time. Thats how it works in RL after all. :D

Markus was always consistent - consistently incoherent and lacking. While I agree that Clay and Adam certainly didn't shine it was time for Markus' cruising under the radar to end.

Doesn't much matter. Adam and Clay aren't gonna win anyway. The final three imo, should be Randall, Marshawn, and Rebecca.

Doesn't much matter. Adam and Clay aren't gonna win anyway. The final three imo, should be Randall, Marshawn, and Rebecca.

Gotta agree with you there - and I think the winner will be Randall. B)

I agree that Randall will win. I just hope Rebecca is not in the final 2. I just don't see what she brings, although she may get the sympathy pass because of the broken foot.

I'm rooting for Marshawn and Randall too. I like Rebecca, but I have to agree with Jersey, she's like a big strawberry...(its' looks promise more than it usually delivers :) ) She seems competent and smart, but I haven't seen her translate that into an efficient performance on a task yet.

Compared to a lot of the others on this years show, she seems maybe more competent than she really is. Still think she has enough to get to the final three. As long as she doesn't get any more basketball rewards. :lol:

I'm rooting for Marshawn and Randall too. I like Rebecca, but I have to agree with Jersey, she's like a big strawberry...(its' looks promise more than it usually delivers :) ) She seems competent and smart, but I haven't seen her translate that into an efficient performance on a task yet.

Strawberry!!! Ha. I never heard that one. That's great. I will be using that line from now on. Thanks.

p.s. I dip my strawberries in sugar.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Apprentice's Markus Has Words for Trump

by Matt Webb Mitovich

For a reality-show castoff who's not quite so chatty, be sure to read our Insider Q&A with Survivor's Brandon.

When Donald Trump ejected Mark(us) Garrison on NBC's The Apprentice, it was a scary moment. After all, who wants their 60-minute interview tape filled up with incomplete thoughts? But, promised that the 41-year-old inventor from Sarasota, Fla., is better-spoken off camera, TVGuide.com pressed the record button to hear what he had to say about his team's utter lack of sex appeal in last week's task. Here's Markus, almost unedited.

TVGuide.com: I don't know if you heard, but I almost bailed on this interview, for fear of running out of tape.

Markus Garrison: Hey, you know... [Laughs] It won't be mindless babble, I'll tell you that.

TVGuide.com: To paraphrase Carolyn, what was your strategy going into this?

Markus: Into the game itself? That's a really great question. My strategy was to come in as my own guy and do amazing business efforts, show my business acumen and win the contest.

TVGuide.com: Yet we never got to see your acumen shine.

Markus: Basically what happened is this.... I'll give you the background here, you take from it what you want. I didn't want to be the project manager on the first task, but the guys were all amazed by my phone call with the Bally executive. So, pulling out of the Lincoln Tunnel, I'm like, "Look, I'll do it. I don't want to, but I'll do it." It's a tough thing having never done it before and so forth; it's a huge risk. So anyway, on my phone call with Trump

Another reality show wuss crying about the editing. Yo, dude, you were an incoherent, bumbling ass! Get over yourself, you blew it! :P