Aaryn - Week 8 HoH

CeCiMom

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that Aaryn is a racist either. I do believe that she is an extremely angry & unhappy person... I suspect that she was bullied in the past because she behaves too much like a bullying victim to ignore that possibility and as we all know, a great many victims of bullying become bullies themselves.

Whatever her past may have been, today she is mean and when unfiltered she's quick to lash out in a way she feels will hurt others as much as she may have been hurt. Her self-esteem is nearly non-existent and her ability to enjoy her accomplishments is also oddly subdued. Have you noticed that she has not really celebrated her 4 HOHs. Her demeanor is generally muted and only becomes more alive on rare occasions when she feels safe for a moment or when she lets her meanness out for a walk.

I also think that aligning with Jeremy, Kaitlyn, & GM was big trouble for her because her meanness is amplified when surrounded by others with mean streaks. She's proven to be willing to use any tool she thinks will hurt the others, physical attributes, racist statements, gay slurs, anything that will do damage, but I don't really believe that she's a racist... just a very broken person that lashes out when her very meager coping skills fail her.

Monk

I don't believe that Aaryn is a racist either. I do believe that she is an extremely angry & unhappy person... I suspect that she was bullied in the past because she behaves too much like a bullying victim to ignore that possibility and as we all know, a great many victims of bullying become bullies themselves.

Whatever her past may have been, today she is mean and when unfiltered she's quick to lash out in a way she feels will hurt others as much as she may have been hurt. Her self-esteem is nearly non-existent and her ability to enjoy her accomplishments is also oddly subdued. Have you noticed that she has not really celebrated her 4 HOHs. Her demeanor is generally muted and only becomes more alive on rare occasions when she feels safe for a moment or when she lets her meanness out for a walk.

I also think that aligning with Jeremy, Kaitlyn, & GM was big trouble for her because her meanness is amplified when surrounded by others with mean streaks. She's proven to be willing to use any tool she thinks will hurt the others, physical attributes, racist statements, gay slurs, anything that will do damage, but I don't really believe that she's a racist... just a very broken person that lashes out when her very meager coping skills fail her.

Monk

again I agree. She is angry unhappy and many times unfiltered.

What I don't get is why didn't Aaryn throw this HOH comp? It was so awkward watching Aaryn and Amanda during the comp last night b/c you could tell Aaryn was conflicted: listen to Amanda or try and win. Yet, Aaryn could have easily given it to Amanda by answering the question wrong.

Now, I'm all for Amanda not winning b/c someone is scared told to throw the comp to her. But I just find it interesting that Aaryn didn't guess right away, allowed Amanda to buzz in, yet she still took the win in the end.

If you believe that she is a racist or not she has made racist remarks. The remarks she has made were bad enough to offend Julie Chen and get her fired.

I agree. I guess Aaryn is the only one who really knows if she's a racist, but the remarks she has made are racist, hateful and disgusting.

What I don't get is why didn't Aaryn throw this HOH comp? It was so awkward watching Aaryn and Amanda during the comp last night b/c you could tell Aaryn was conflicted: listen to Amanda or try and win. Yet, Aaryn could have easily given it to Amanda by answering the question wrong.

Now, I'm all for Amanda not winning b/c someone is scared told to throw the comp to her. But I just find it interesting that Aaryn didn't guess right away, allowed Amanda to buzz in, yet she still took the win in the end.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The only thing I could come up with was she was scared Amanda would put her up if she won.

I agree. I guess Aaryn is the only one who really knows if she's a racist, but the remarks she has made are racist, hateful and disgusting.

As you've implied... there is a difference between being a racist and saying racist things... the motivations are completely different... I was speculating on those motivations...

We'll never really know the answer to the question of whether she is a racist or if she just spews disgusting racist things in reaction to situations she's poorly equipped to handle, but labeling her a racist in the absence of that knowledge doesn't help... it just clouds the very real issue of racism... She's got a tough road ahead of her... she should and will have to face consequences for her words & actions...

Monk

As you've implied... there is a difference between being a racist and saying racist things... the motivations are completely different... I was speculating on those motivations...

We'll never really know the answer to the question of whether she is a racist or if she just spews disgusting racist things in reaction to situations she's poorly equipped to handle, but labeling her a racist in the absence of that knowledge doesn't help... it just clouds the very real issue of racism... She's got a tough road ahead of her... she should and will have to face consequences for her words & actions...

Monk

Spot on my friend.

This incident that I'm about to mention happened earlier on in the season however I forget and just want to clear a few things up I guess. I watched a video on YouTube that is thirty five minutes entitles The Big Brother 15 experience Bullying Candice Edition. There is a part where Aaryn accused Candice of sitting on her cowboy hat. She said she knows its true because someone told her. After that argument was over in te backyard it cut to the colorful bedroom and Aaryn said Candice made a condescending remark about her hat and how Candice referred to it as only costing 10 dollars. Seeing the Aaryn from back then to now, I sincerely hope in my heart of hearts, that people do not forget the rude horrible racist comments she has said and things she has done. I will admit she is playing a great game. She has four hoh's, I'm sure she has a veto win. She is doing more then the other house guests, and she is a good competitor. I will give her that. I really would not like to see her win. She should not be rewarded for making people feel the way they did when she was with the 'cool clique'. Just my two cents.

BTW, did Candice or anyone for that matter really sit on Aaryns hat?

^^^^ Just a little response.......

If you go back to the beginning of the season you will see the REAL Aaryn. Call her what you will, the Aaryn on my monitor right now is a pretend version of the real thing. She is subdued, she tries hard to suppress any real emotion, and she continually reminds people how she got mixed up with the wrong crowd in the beginning of the season, and how Candice made her appear a "racist".

Somewhere along the line I am pretty sure that someone somewhere in CBS pulled her aside and told her to cool it because she suddenly morphed into the total "pageant" face version of Aaryn that we see now.

While I am not saying that she IS a racist, I am saying that she is a spoiled, self entitled, tw*t face, and although she wins competitions, let us not forget that she is under the daily influence of performance enhancing drugs (Adderall) to boot, which completely tarnishes any competitions that she wins in my book.

The real Aaryn, minus the drugs, is probably an even WORSE human being than we see now. JMHO.

^^^^ Just a little response.......

If you go back to the beginning of the season you will see the REAL Aaryn. Call her what you will, the Aaryn on my monitor right now is a pretend version of the real thing. She is subdued, she tries hard to suppress any real emotion, and she continually reminds people how she got mixed up with the wrong crowd in the beginning of the season, and how Candice made her appear a "racist".

Somewhere along the line I am pretty sure that someone somewhere in CBS pulled her aside and told her to cool it because she suddenly morphed into the total "pageant" face version of Aaryn that we see now.

While I am not saying that she IS a racist, I am saying that she is a spoiled, self entitled, tw*t face, and although she wins competitions, let us not forget that she is under the daily influence of performance enhancing drugs (Adderall) to boot, which completely tarnishes any competitions that she wins in my book.

The real Aaryn, minus the drugs, is probably an even WORSE human being than we see now. JMHO.

Hawk,

I think that both personalities are Aaryn's true self...

She appears to be a very mean-spirited young woman who easily slips into even greater levels a nastiness at the slightest of encouragements. Jeremy, Kaitlyn, GM & Dude definitely magnified her propensity for nastiness. We saw this version of Aaryn in the first few weeks of BB... She also appears to be a more muted personality when left to her own devices, although the nastiness seems to be constantly bubbling very near the surface. We see this version of her now... As her situation changed, she adapted... just like we all do each and every day of our lives.

We are more complex than simple labels describe as we all have multiple currents that run through and define our personalities. Remember, true racism is at it's essence a preposterously simple labeling of others that describes "them" as somehow "less" than "us" because "we" believe that "they" are "less" than "us." Simple labels are often dangerous.

Monk

This incident that I'm about to mention happened earlier on in the season however I forget and just want to clear a few things up I guess. I watched a video on YouTube that is thirty five minutes entitles The Big Brother 15 experience Bullying Candice Edition. There is a part where Aaryn accused Candice of sitting on her cowboy hat. She said she knows its true because someone told her. After that argument was over in te backyard it cut to the colorful bedroom and Aaryn said Candice made a condescending remark about her hat and how Candice referred to it as only costing 10 dollars. Seeing the Aaryn from back then to now, I sincerely hope in my heart of hearts, that people do not forget the rude horrible racist comments she has said and things she has done. I will admit she is playing a great game. She has four hoh's, I'm sure she has a veto win. She is doing more then the other house guests, and she is a good competitor. I will give her that. I really would not like to see her win. She should not be rewarded for making people feel the way they did when she was with the 'cool clique'. Just my two cents.

BTW, did Candice or anyone for that matter really sit on Aaryns hat?

Actually, Spencer did it and lied and said Candice did it. He later admitted it. That admission did nothing to temper her vehemence against Candice.

^^^^ Well said Mr Monk! I totally agree. I especially like the last paragraph -

We are more complex than simple labels describe as we all have multiple currents that run through and define our personalities. Remember, true racism is at it's essence a preposterously simple labeling of others that describes "them" as somehow "less" than "us" because "we" believe that "they" are "less" than "us." Simple labels are often dangerous.

So true! :laugh4:

(although I still like tw*t face the best :P )

It's not that deep, imo. She makes racial comments, and sexuality slurs, and uses physical tactics to bully, and mocks/belittles/laughs at those with different ethnicities or sexual orientation because she is a RACIST HOMOPHOBIC HATEFUL BIATCH!!! And, just because she got caught on camera doing all this and then has been back peddling and trying to re-write history doesn't change any of that.

-------------------------------

Spence admitted to making up the Candice sitting on Aaryn's hat thing.