Helen - DE/Week 7

CeCiMom

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Helen has suffered from heightened expectations, but I don't get why she's held to such a higher standard than everybody else in the house. This is a game, a game that she is actually playing.

She's not riding coattails like Elissa, letting everyone else think for her like Aaryn, terrified to make a real move like Andy, pouting and throwing tantrums like Jessie, threatening and bullying people like Amanda, doing absolutely nothing but hiding behind a human shield like Mccrae, or just being a useless waste if space (and altogether disgusting human beings) like spencer and ginamarie.

Yes, she's lied and is playing people but that's exactly how you play big brother. It makes no sense that Helen is getting all this hate. And this latest argument with Jessie, we're to believe that she's in the wrong for trying to shut down somebody who's attacking her? I just don't get it.

Maybe Helen has suffered from heightened expectations, but I don't get why she's held to such a higher standard than everybody else in the house. This is a game, a game that she is actually playing.

She's not riding coattails like Elissa, letting everyone else think for her like Aaryn, terrified to make a real move like Andy, pouting and throwing tantrums like Jessie, threatening and bullying people like Amanda, doing absolutely nothing but hiding behind a human shield like Mccrae, or just being a useless waste if space (and altogether disgusting human beings) like spencer and ginamarie.

Yes, she's lied and is playing people but that's exactly how you play big brother. It makes no sense that Helen is getting all this hate. And this latest argument with Jessie, we're to believe that she's in the wrong for trying to shut down somebody who's attacking her? I just don't get it.

Some, including myself, believe that her game doesn't rise to the level of even average game play as we've seen it over these many seasons... I believe that in the vast majority of those previous seasons she would already be gone, but in this season, expections were indeed heightened for her... People are frustrated that she failed to meet these expectations and even more frustrated that this season makes it very hard for a fan to latch onto a player and support their game...

The house has always run on paranoia but the best players found a way to harness it and use it to their advantage... She has proven far too susceptible to falling prey to paranoia... Judd's "The Mastermind" eviction is a prefect example of her paranoia.... She's also far too focused on the mid-game and thereby has some real problems with her long-game... This caused her to miss Andy's subtle move to McManda... That wouldn't normally be a problem for a HG on this forum but because the season is so very weak, she is one of the defacto 'best' players in the house and many were hopeful for her to play an interesting game.... Unfortunately, this years 'best' is just none too good....

I believe that the 'Hate' you are reading is intensified by the very dense cloud of insanely obvious insincerity that travels with her from room to room and from conversation to conversation. I think her penchant for overplaying nearly every situation is also a very damaging aspect of her game. This, and all of the I listed above, make it very hard to support her as a fan. Most have given up on finding a favorite this season...

BTW, I too would love to see her move to the sequester house very soon...

Monk

^^^^^ Count me in with both of you guys - especially this part by Monk:

I believe that the 'Hate' you are reading is intensified by the very dense cloud of insanely obvious insincerity that travels with her from room to room and from conversation to conversation.

So true! :laugh4:

I think in the begining of the game Helen was actually a favorite. I know she was one of mine. Then she got the HOH and it went downhill from there. Helen obsession with the one vote drove me up the wall. She couldn't be happy that Nick was gone no she had to grill people like it was a crime to go against her. Howard paid the price for lying to Helen. The problem I have with Helen is that she is constantly thinking of the game she probably dreams about it. She overthinks everything. She will have a conversation with one person and say this is between you and me. Seconds later she is having a conversation with someone else and tells them the same thing. Every goodby message she says when you watch this you will see I had a big part in your going home. She is a legend in her own mind. She got busted big time the other night with Jesse. Helen had told everyone that Jessie wanted to get Amanda out but Jessie didn't know that she had done that. So Helen because she has lied so much forgot that Jessie didn't know it and blew it so when Jessie confronted her with it she does what Helen always does and she called Jessie a liar and went stomping in the house to go and tell Andy. Just like when Candice calmly told her that she controlled the vote in the game. She got mad stomped out of the room and went upstairs and lied to every person in there and said Candice threatened her. This is big brother the rules do not state you have to lie but I think everyone knows its a part of the game. I just do not believe that you have to lie everytime you open your mouth to speak. Helen in my opinion does this and it is not needed. She overdoes everything. Just because you are a good liar doesn't make you a good big brother player nor does telling everyone you love them.

Helen is not good at being confronted in an un-helen-scripted setting.. She is excellent at confrontation on her own terms. She picked elissa for her showbff because they are both mommies who left their children for 3-months to appear on a reality show on CBS and because elissa is the closest to her social equal of anyone on the show. They better make sure that they don't piss helen off when she is evicted because she will own the sequester house and every vote in it. For helen, it is all about the challenge.

wow she is an idiot

how the hell did she fall for the bs of mccrae dropping amanda for her :animated_bouncy:

LOL WOW! She fell for it... How stupid can she be... I mean really! I knew her goose was cooked a long time ago. I wish Andy would have used the veto and put her on the block.

that would take balls ...... andy balls is missing .......... :animated_bouncy:

that would take balls ...... andy balls is missing .......... :animated_bouncy:

Lol :lol2:

Seriously though, McCrae's acting job wasn't that impressive, I could see the smile at the corners of his mouth a little, Andy on the other hand gave a pretty believable performance, and Helen looked like she was trying to read Andy's face - I think that's what sold it to her

I'm really looking forward to having that high screech thing that does in the diary room gone from the show. Idiot missed a golden opportunity to get rid of Amanda, saying it was "too soon". Now her chance is most likely gone. What a moron.

what a complete idiot... I can't believe this woman.

I wish she would stop saying she is "guns blazing" when she orchestrated Judd's eviction. Judd?!!?

She needs to sit on the block again with the threat of going to jury over her head maybe she'll snap out of stupid.

what a complete idiot... I can't believe this woman.

I wish she would stop saying she is "guns blazing" when she orchestrated Judd's eviction. Judd?!!?

She needs to sit on the block again with the threat of going to jury over her head maybe she'll snap out of stupid.

I know, I'm not sure what justifies being a "threat" in this house... wearing a weird bear shirt?