Sign in to follow this  
morty

Showtime Considers a dexter Spin-off

Nothing is official…yet. But Showtime President David Nevins hinted at a possible spin-off from “Dexter” after announcing the cable network has signed “Dexter” showrunner and executive producer Scott Buck to a two-year deal. When asked about the rumored spin-off at Showtime’s portion of the Summer Press Tour, Nevins replied: “Of course, we announced an overall deal with Scott Buck today. Draw your own conclusions.”

Later, however, Nevins stressed that Buck’s new contract did not necessarily mean a “Dexter” spinoff was happening. Conversations about the spinoff are ongoing, but no actual plans are yet in place. Nevins has been talking about a possible “Dexter” spinoff starring Jennifer Carpenter for months.

“Dexter,” which officially concludes on September 22 (after 96 episodes), airs Sunday nights at 9 p.m. ET on Showtime.

I know I would love to see some of the gang at Miami Metro again. That part of the show in itself was interesting to me--the backstabbing, the politics, the humour and comraderie of the characters would be something I could watch every week!