America - Week 5 - MVP

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They think that it is Howard that put up Amanda because America would never put her up and McCrea says they have the numbers anyway.

Nice to know Candice is playing

Amanda is freaking :scared:

Jessie is the other one playing. Amanda is so mad that she is up. They think it is Howard but wouldn't she be even madder if she knew the viewers put her there. They are going to threaten Jessie that if she wins she better take Amanda off or she is next on the block.

Amanda up in HOH is telling everyone Jessie and Aaryn that they have to drop out.

They are talking about Aderral (sp) is their secret weapon and a brain enhancer. They are going to take their aderral.

Amanda up in HOH is telling everyone Jessie and Aaryn that they have to drop out.

They are talking about Aderral (sp) is their secret weapon and a brain enhancer. They are going to take their aderral.

I was listening to that also. I still don't think it should be allowed in the house. Big advantage. No fair.

Guest 6Borders

gosh I wonder how she figured that out?? Must have had a little help from the DR. She is AG's choice after all.

Yeppers...I doubt the newest "Grodner Girl" will be leaving the house!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo glad that Amanda is on the block. I hope Candice wins POV, pulls of Howard and they all send Amanda HOME

She is a bigot, nasty, vile and has ZERO class

I almost hope that if Amanda wins POV and takes herself off the block that it's Helen who goes up as America's next choice.

There would be mass confusion. Heads might explode.

That would be AWESOME !!

Amanda figuring out it is the US voting is smart ....told about it in DR is cheating by producers. If she is not badgering everyone about if they are MVP then she for sure knows in her heart...how? She must have been told. It is not in her nature to let it go unless she is sure and who can be sure in such a situation unless informed by the authority.

it took america to get amanda on the block smh

geez ........

i am hope this america voting who goes on the block ends this year and dont continue next year

while amanda may annoy some or many

it would suck to have your game ruin by outside forces :animated_bouncy:

I agree UVP. I know Amanda is getting a lot of flack (I gave her some also) it must suck when you are doing everything possible to get all cylinders going and then "America" throws you to the wolves.

it took america to get amanda on the block smh

geez ........

i am hope this america voting who goes on the block ends this year and dont continue next year

while amanda may annoy some or many

it would suck to have your game ruin by outside forces :animated_bouncy:

America's Player saved Evel Dick and got him the win. I do not like it now or then even though they are a little different but both the same with America voting.

Putting the MVP - America's vote - did indeed change up the game. After 15 seasons people were too sure what was next! CBS didn't mix it up enough so a formula that superfans knew was easy to give them the edge. They knew if one week would be skill or endurance. They knew if POV would be OTEV etc. CBS had to do something to change it up.

I wish I was more confident the America's vote was more honest and not a way for CBS and AG to manipulate the game.

I don't like them soliciting people to be on the show - I think everyone should apply and have an equal chance. You can't tell me that out of the thousands of people that go to casting events and submit video's they can't find 20 that are "pretty enough" to make people watch.

Guest 6Borders

Putting the MVP - America's vote - did indeed change up the game. After 15 seasons people were too sure what was next! CBS didn't mix it up enough so a formula that superfans knew was easy to give them the edge. They knew if one week would be skill or endurance. They knew if POV would be OTEV etc. CBS had to do something to change it up.

I wish I was more confident the America's vote was more honest and not a way for CBS and AG to manipulate the game.

I don't like them soliciting people to be on the show - I think everyone should apply and have an equal chance. You can't tell me that out of the thousands of people that go to casting events and submit video's they can't find 20 that are "pretty enough" to make people watch.

I couldn't agree more on all counts.

The biggest problem I have with America's Vote is that CBS does not release the votes or show a running tally, except when Julie says how America voted and she does not even give vote totals. Grodner knew she had to change the MVP for 3rd nom because it was so obvious when it was first announced it would go to Elissa.

I have a feeling this year that there will be 3 people in the finals and America will either vote the 3rd person in or have a vote for the winner among the final 3, which basically would say that Grodner could tip the scales to get her chosen person (don't even tell me she doesn't have one every year) to win.

One of the biggest reasons for America's Vote (on anything) is there are thousands of people who actually will spend $1 per text message to vote so it's a huge money maker. I personally know one young man who spent almost $900 in text messaging on Janelle (who could give a flying leap about him and probably wouldn't even talk to him if he asked for a autograph). He's still working PT at Domino's to pay his parents back and they took away his car until he learns not to throw foolish money around, so he's also taking the bus to work.

As an outsider I'd quite like to see the third nominee remain long term and America's Vote is a good way of doing things - and it's shaking up the plan each week too rather than being predictable predictable predictable. I think the Veto needs opening up to at least 8 people though (personally I'd have everyone play).

I do think the MVP should return to being someone in the house this week though - and if Elissa wins it again maybe the following week make it a (decent) Pandoras Box twist. The HoH can open it and become MVP - but the catch is if the MVP nominee is removed from the block the HoH is the replacement.

Guest 6Borders

As an outsider I'd quite like to see the third nominee remain long term and America's Vote is a good way of doing things - and it's shaking up the plan each week too rather than being predictable predictable predictable. I think the Veto needs opening up to at least 8 people though (personally I'd have everyone play).

I do think the MVP should return to being someone in the house this week though - and if Elissa wins it again maybe the following week make it a (decent) Pandoras Box twist. The HoH can open it and become MVP - but the catch is if the MVP nominee is removed from the block the HoH is the replacement.

Brekkie, first of all there is no such thing, to me anyway, as an "outsider" here on Morty's forum, which it what I most love about it and about being able to come here and express opinions!

I too think Veto should change and everyone should play.

I agree MVP (if they have to have it) should be in-house but if Grodner keeps putting in the "Rachel's sister complete with fan base" HG's it's completely unfair because Rachel was hot on the campaign trail to vote her sis MVP! Without Elissa it would have/might have been a good twist!

If they want to create paranoia in the house (and apparently they do) they should have comps where everything the HG's get remains secret, except to the TV/Feed viewers, from a slop pass to a use-it-or-lose it punishment, and if you reveal it you lose it!

I also think ALL voting should be done LIVE in the living room!

I also think ALL voting should be done LIVE in the living room!

But then we wouldn't have gotten to watch Ginamarie throwing a fit demanding to know who voted against him. Well, she still would have thrown a fit, but it wouldn't have been quite as much fun to watch. :crybaby:

The couples except Amanda and Crae Crae and Howard and Candice were broken up already and both Amanda and Candice were vocal about that. Why then do Amanda and Candice feel they are entitled not to be broken up. I say finishing breaking up the couples and start with Howard because he has been nothing but a lump in this game.

I'd like to see Amanda's future game play. Will she be humbled after this week?