Howard - Week 5 - Evicted (Aug. 1)

Ok so here is how I see it (not that it matters to those whose minds are made up). Personal background: When I grew up it was in the NorthWest. We were in an agricultural town that saw an influx of hispanics six month out of the year during harvest time. My school was made up of approx 1/3 whites, 1/3 blacks, and 1/3 hispanics with a few asians mixed in. We all got along for the most part and the divisions were based on categories like jock/nerds/stoners, etc. Then later in life I moved to Montana and it was so predominantly white that other races stood out. And I would hear more people make racist remarks and jokes, etc. But even when the jokes were meant to be funny, there was an edge there of dislike there that some people even acknowledged. Then about 7 years ago I moved to Texas. There are some people that made jokes with true humor but by and large, there is a culture in Texas that I saw and heard that is definitely racist. Mostly it was from the older generation but some children are taught the same intolerance. Ultimately, the modern day racist believes themselves to NOT be racist but they do have actual taught biases behind what they say. One of my in-laws is far more blatant but the children have the subtle traces of it. I think they would never burn crosses or anything like that but they do tend to judge people of race with a different set of standards.

So when I hear Aaryn, Amanda, and GM... I hear the taught biases and disdain against others. To me they are modern day racists.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not asking me that question right?

If Aaryn were voting on her own merits (or whatever Aaryn calls them) she would most certainly put Elissa up there, and if she were smart Helen with her or maybe GM and hope to send either Helen or Elissa packing. depending on POV.

Aaryn is putting up Howard because Amanda has been hammering this, convinced Howard is coming after her (too bad she doesn't know America is coming after her...lol!!)

No dear, not you. :nuke:

So when I hear Aaryn, Amanda, and GM... I hear the taught biases and disdain against others. To me they are modern day racists.

I agree. In the words of Sparklet: "If it walks like a duck quacks like a duck it is a duck!!!"

Ok so here is how I see it (not that it matters to those whose minds are made up). Personal background: When I grew up it was in the NorthWest. We were in an agricultural town that saw an influx of hispanics six month out of the year during harvest time. My school was made up of approx 1/3 whites, 1/3 blacks, and 1/3 hispanics with a few asians mixed in. We all got along for the most part and the divisions were based on categories like jock/nerds/stoners, etc. Then later in life I moved to Montana and it was so predominantly white that other races stood out. And I would hear more people make racist remarks and jokes, etc. But even when the jokes were meant to be funny, there was an edge there of dislike there that some people even acknowledged. Then about 7 years ago I moved to Texas. There are some people that made jokes with true humor but by and large, there is a culture in Texas that I saw and heard that is definitely racist. Mostly it was from the older generation but some children are taught the same intolerance. Ultimately, the modern day racist believes themselves to NOT be racist but they do have actual taught biases behind what they say. One of my in-laws is far more blatant but the children have the subtle traces of it. I think they would never burn crosses or anything like that but they do tend to judge people of race with a different set of standards.

I would click like if I could on this. :2thumbsup:

Aaryn is putting up Howard because Amanda has been hammering this, convinced Howard is coming after her (too bad she doesn't know America is coming after her...lol!!)

I don't think that is Amanda's reason for getting Howard. She has been trying to get rid of Howard for at least two weeks maybe more and I don't think he has ever really given her cause to think she was his number one target. There is some other reason she wants him gone so bad.

So far, Howard seems to have been throwing all the competitions. This would be his time to actually work at the PoV and I hope he does and pulls himself off. Spencer can still go even if Candice goes up in his place. Plus America will decide who the third nominee is, and I sure hope it's Amanda!

Heck, I forgot whose thread we were on with all the different opinions. I dont like Howard, I think he is more or less a floater. I don't want Aaryn to get him out because Amanda is hammering her to do so, but whatever. I kinda lost interest after last nights HOH.

So far, Howard seems to have been throwing all the competitions. This would be his time to actually work at the PoV and I hope he does and pulls himself off. Spencer can still go even if Candice goes up in his place. Plus America will decide who the third nominee is, and I sure hope it's Amanda!

I have voted for Howard as MVP since week one...now is his time to step up and win POV...he has made some missteps but love his heart..

I'm sorry these lovely folks are not racist, they just love making racial comments. Pleeese!!!! That's just like saying the KKK Love the wear white sheets because they think its fashionable! Skinheads don't mean what they sat, they are just confused! If it walks like a duck quacks like a duck it is a duck!!!

Agreed

I would click like if I could on this. :2thumbsup:

I don't think that is Amanda's reason for getting Howard. She has been trying to get rid of Howard for at least two weeks maybe more and I don't think he has ever really given her cause to think she was his number one target. There is some other reason she wants him gone so bad.

Howard and Amanda got into it after the moving company blow up she was just going off on him and Howard called her out for moving onto McCrea the very first night there hooking up with McCrea when she got a boyfriend at home all the lies he hard her say about him were brought up in that blow up every since then she has been trying to get him out. He basically told her she was a stank hoe which she is

Howie if he does not win POV today will be in front of a TV watching the Clemson-Georgia football game in a few weeks. :lol2:

If Amanda goes up I think that the house will seize the opportunity as the only time they can get Amanda out and save Howard for later.

I doubt Amanda's alliance will seize the opportunity to evict her if she were to go up. They are loyal to each other until jury. It's been their goal for weeks now. They are not going to risk it and cause a split in the group. They have a plan in place to get rid of Howard and Spencer....possibly Candice. I heard Helen and Elissa reaffirming it. Jessie and Andy will not turn on Amanda at this point either. Getting Amanda evicted this week is wishful thinking on some viewers parts..but it isn't going to happen with both Spencer and Howard still in the house.

I agree NYROSE. Just because you make a comment like "go make some rice" to an Asian does not make you a racist, at least not in my book. I understand that making comments like that on TV is not a smart thing to do as it makes her "look" like a racist. When I think of racists I think of skinheads, KKK members, black panthers, etc. When they are pissed at some one in the house they say mean things and call each other names like bitch and asshole to berate them. Some of the HG's (Aaryn, GM) toss some ethnic insults in there along with the profanity to their face and behind their backs during the heat of an argument/discussion. That may make them low or no class people but a true racist, naaaaaaa.

You completely misunderstood my post. I was saying that those who think we, who see the racism, are passe' and unaware of how cool they are these who also are saying that they can say racist things because they are so cool and everyone who is IN knows they are not racist. To tell a person of Asian descent to go cook some rice is racist because it is dismissive and based on dismissing them for their known culinary habits as Asians. A person does not have to join a group like the KKK to be a racist. They only have to think that their genetics are superior to those of different genes. Our society promotes these attitudes by supporting the segregation of groups. How is it that so many live where there is no one of different melanin content than themselves? How is it that so many look with horror on the notion of their child marrying someone with different melanin content? These are racist caused realities.

Amanda wants Howard and Spencer gone because McCrae told her that the reason he flipped on the MC is because they all wanted to get rid of her.

There you have it. I have not felt that Amanda was coming at H from any racist slant. Howard has lied and Spencer threw him under the bus by coming out with the truth. Spencer is the far greater threat and Amanda ought to see it. And Spencer did that out of both guile and racism, I am sure. He sees the untenable situation that Howard is in and uses it mercilessly for his own ends. Amanda does not see Spencer because of a certain boldness and brashness in her nature that is at odds with both her intelligence and her femininity that is what is making things work with McC since even though she is an aggressive woman, she takes a back seat to men. Amanda is very at odds with herself full of complications and contradictions .

Sounds like your racists have to be 'uniformed/affiliated 'before you will identify them as such. Low class or no class people as you put it, may have a slip of the tongue (revealing their true feelings)from time to time, we can acknowledge that. But Aaryn has done so(and not only her,GM,and Amanda and Spencer when given the chance)repeatedly and without any provocation. It is simply to belittle people who she feels somehow superior to. If she simply called names(which is still childish, but standard behavior in the house)it wouldn't be nearly the outcry.Howard,much to his credit, has tried to put it past him and play the game; though he is in an impossible position.

Through Aaryns actions and words, I am totally convinced. As well as Amanda. Gina Marie to a slightly lesser extent, but it was easier for her because she/it was part of a pack mentality.

You got it

I'm sorry these lovely folks are not racist, they just love making racial comments. Pleeese!!!! That's just like saying the KKK Love the wear white sheets because they think its fashionable! Skinheads don't mean what they sat, they are just confused! If it walks like a duck quacks like a duck it is a duck!!!

These people think that racism has to be announced in a group with an obvious agenda. They do not know that racism is a belief in one's own superiority based on one's coming from a particular group. Racism usually is thought to be directed to those who are from the inaccurate notion that we are not one human race but made up of the three major food groups among us black white yellow (there are so few reds that they only count where they live and rub up against the whites there) I, however, think it is prejudice and racism is one word for it. Prejudice is also directed against women, religious and national groups, cultural groups, and I am comfortable calling all prejudice racism including the prejudice against the ugly and the fat.

I doubt Amanda's alliance will seize the opportunity to evict her if she were to go up. They are loyal to each other until jury. It's been their goal for weeks now. They are not going to risk it and cause a split in the group. They have a plan in place to get rid of Howard and Spencer....possibly Candice. I heard Helen and Elissa reaffirming it. Jessie and Andy will not turn on Amanda at this point either. Getting Amanda evicted this week is wishful thinking on some viewers parts..but it isn't going to happen with both Spencer and Howard still in the house.

No Helen wants it to be her Elissa Candice and Jesse final 4! Helen's goal is to get out spencer this week! She told Jesse earlier yesterday aryan with definitely go home next week because Amanda wants to keep aryan safe and use her! She then said that Amanda and McCrae had to be split up because they are too powerful. That why she told Candace that she threw Elissa under the bus but she didn't mean it and she can control who aryan puts up! That's why Elissa is not up!

No Helen wants it to be her Elissa Candice and Jesse final 4! Helen's goal is to get out spencer this week! She told Jesse earlier yesterday aryan with definitely go home next week because Amanda wants to keep aryan safe and use her! She then said that Amanda and McCrae had to be split up because they are too powerful. That why she told Candace that she threw Elissa under the bus but she didn't mean it and she can control who aryan puts up! That's why Elissa is not up!

If Amanda is put up I BELIEVE Helen would seize the chance to vote Amanda out. So Candice Jessie Melissa Helen and maybe Andy or Judd vote her out especially if Amanda goes nuts if she is the 3rd nom. If not Amanda will win the game

well yes...in the future everyone wants to get each out...they are not going to do it this week. Until they get to jury, they have a solid agreement in place for their group to get to jury...targets being Howard and Spencer. Disposable hgs are Candice, Elissa, and Aaryn in the coming weeks. Once jury hits...it's going to be no holds barred.