I just read this - is it true?

I am reading the April 7th live updates page when I came across this:

3:00PM BBT: Topaz was in the kitchen and could hear Emmett, Jillian, tall and Andrew talking in the HoH. Topaz related the conversation to Alec.

Can the HG's be heard in the HOH room by another HG outside the HOH room? I mean it says Topaz was in the kitchen. That's kind of far from the HOH room. Jeez what did they use for soundproofing, cardboard? This seems kind of lame to me, I mean what's the sense of the HOH room if your voices carry that far? I cry foul and I hope that I am wrong or just misread this..........

Ha! I just watched Wednesday's POV episode and its true - you CAN hear the HG's all the way in the kitchen if they talk loudly in the HOH room. Way to go BBC........should have spent that $25000 Brick shopping spree on soundproofing instead eh

Thursday, April 11, 2013 Yet another reference:

9:45AM BBT: Jillian and Talla are worried about Topaz winning HoH. "If she wins," Jillian says, "she'll nominate her and Emmett." Talla (who certainly wouldn't mind someone else being the target) says, "Let's just wait and see." Andrew talks about the cheap construction materials in the house - corrugated tin walls - and we get FotH.

But I don't get it - whether it's US or Canada or even Iran - production has always led us to believe that HG's in the HOH room could not be heard in the rest of the house. I thought that it was a perk for the HOH - a place to discuss strategy away from prying ears. I'm a little disappointed by this revelation, I am not pointing a finger at Canada - I'm disappointed because I feel like I've been shammed. Shame on you BB. Shame on me, I've been a fool for so long.