disgusted

I have followed Big Brother since the beginning of time...and I am ashamed to say that I am Canadian. I'm sorry if I offend anyone on this..but I just have to say it.

The people in the house just want to preen and think of their looks, and Arisa is like a walking advertisment ...she keeps saying what the winner gets...which is another story all together. The prize is typical cheap Canada.

They have lost me as a viewer , and I signed up to Slice just for this, so will be cancelling that too.

I lost Slice just weeks before BB started, so I'm going to have to catch online. Did see the premiere ... I neither loved nor hated. Hope you find some other ways to regain your Canadian pride ;)

Why should you be ashamed? People on a reality television show aren't indicative of the what an entire country of people is like. If everyone in the US was like who was portrayed on BBUSA, most people would only be concerned about becoming big Hollywood stars. And since the same casting agency was used for the Canadian version, you can't be surprised that this is who you got. There is a specific quota of specific kinds of people that you are put on there (like the flamboyant gay guy, or the typical jock). If anything, I think the cast on this version is better than what we typically get on the US version.

It isn't so much the cast of "characters" that I am upset about....although, I'm not overly thrilled with some of them ...it would be nice to see a few older people there..maybe in their 30's or even 40's....I'm ashamed of the prize they are offering, and how Arisa stresses it to the players, and they ooh and aah!..

It just looks to me like they will be primping and talking about inane things...just can't take it.

Actually, it is my husband that can't take ME screaming at the TV!!! haha

Yeah, it would be nice to have older players to see how it would work up in Canada as compared to the US.

When you say that you are ashamed of the prize, you mean how it's only 100k? Slice isn't going to have the financial coffers that CBS has, I guess. I definitely agree that she has mentioned it a lot, but it's only the second show so perhaps it will decrease during week 2.

It isn't so much the cast of "characters" that I am upset about....although, I'm not overly thrilled with some of them ...it would be nice to see a few older people there..maybe in their 30's or even 40's....I'm ashamed of the prize they are offering, and how Arisa stresses it to the players, and they ooh and aah!..

It just looks to me like they will be primping and talking about inane things...just can't take it.

Actually, it is my husband that can't take ME screaming at the TV!!! haha

there are three in their thirties(maybe we just age better :D ), Andrew is 38 so close to 40. I think the casting is typical, and even the way they are acting is pretty expected. When there are that many in the house and it's the first few days they always do mundane things. When ever I've bought the 24/7 feed I always waited a few weeks until there were fewer HG.

I'm impressed with the set, even if the prize isn't what the US gets...

I know the US prize is taxed so $500,000 likely boils down to something considerably less. I wonder if the CRA (Canadian equivalent of the IRS for our US visitors) will treat the Canadian prize as "lottery" winnings (free of tax) or as "earned income" (subject to about $28,000 in taxes with no other income or deductions).

The prize also includes a vehicle and a $25000 shopping spree at the Brick. (The Brick shopping spree prize reminds me of the old joke about first prize being a week in Philadelphia and second prize being two weeks in Philadelphia. http://preview.tinyurl.com/aohspe5 )

Guest 6Borders

I've been watching the feeds (some, not a lot) and I think the cast is playing like a first year cast who has seen the US version of BB, so they are not really "newbies" just the forerunners of BB Canada. Plus, as was pointed out, do you have the same casting company as BBUSA, and US past players were sent to casting calls and I am sure that had an influence because the casting company was sure to ask for their input.

Casting is going to pay attention to what sold in the past to the fans, and they are basing BBCanada closer to the US version than any of the other BB's (my opinion). Can't remember his name now, but I think he was Ivette's secret alliance, and he said "this is a good season...NO old people".

I, for one, am just very happy to See BB Canada finally happen and it's fun to enjoy watching a "reality show" where everyone is new.

Lmao I will take the prizes they're gonna give the winner. I'd be very happy with just the new car and furniture the money would just be added bonus.They aren't gonna be offering massive winnings the first season,they have to know it's gonna get the ratings to be around for just one season.Also there are ppl in their 30's on there. Anyways, I will never say I am ashamed to be Canadian just over some reality show...lol I am a proud Canadian. Ppl who live in the USA don't say they;re ashamed from HG and they've had some whacked out ppl on their version of BB like Rachel...lol

Anyways it just started sit back breath in and out and stop yelling at your TV haha

So far, I think it's great. It's a purer version of BB, although Arisa must have referred to Thursday's show as "live" a dozen times, and it was recorded... I still think it's nice to get back to basics. I wish they had used a Canadian casting director. I have nothing against Robyn, I would like to have seen what a Canadian would have done.

I've got some gripes about the camera work, but they don't have the 13 years of practice the BB USA cameramen have, I think they'll get better.

I am enjoying the show. I didnt think I would, but its got me caught up in all the usual nonsense people in this kind of show will do. The house itself looks great, I like the host, and time will tell if it all comes together as a success.

Disappointed with Thursday show. They showed the replacement nom in the chair right away. The segment for the POV ceremony should have been shown first.

Dan coming in at the end was badly done and a waste of time. It was a very short segment.

The cast should have been picked by Slice. No help from US producers and Cast. The first After Dark they just talked about getting famous and bars. Very boring.

Another problem is the small picture on Slice. Global aired the 1st show and it was a full screen. Slice should have the same.

Right now I'm fast forwarding thru the show and skipping AD. Going to wait and hope things pick up.

Disappointed with Thursday show. They showed the replacement nom in the chair right away. The segment for the POV ceremony should have been shown first.

Dan coming in at the end was badly done and a waste of time. It was a very short segment.

The cast should have been picked by Slice. No help from US producers and Cast. The first After Dark they just talked about getting famous and bars. Very boring.

Another problem is the small picture on Slice. Global aired the 1st show and it was a full screen. Slice should have the same.

Right now I'm fast forwarding thru the show and skipping AD. Going to wait and hope things pick up.

That was the one thing that I was most disappointed with production wise. Also, they seemed to edit out Suzette's reason for her nominations. Overall, production seems much less polished than it does for BBUSA. I guess that's too be expected since it's so early in the very first season.

I don't want polish. CBS has polished it to the point where it's too predictable. I'm sure they're working with a smaller crew than BB USA.

As an 18 hour a day live feed watcher, I've got to say the feeds are better than USA. The USA feeds are interrupted hundreds of times a day by HG singing, instructions from production, and BS that we can't even figure out. The Canada feeds have real long FotH period when they to a competition or something "secret," but there's no censoring or whatever BB USA does. Much easier to watch.

I never advocated the amount of polish that Grodner and her team invoke upon the US game, but a certain amount is necessary otherwise things look messy. BBUSA isn't even necessarily polished in my opinion, but just heavily manipulated. What I was referring to was the simple things and mistakes that are evident in the show, such as showing the replacement nominee before they have even shown the POV ceremony. It's not a big deal to us, I guess, but to people who don't watch the feeds or read the updates it probably is.

Also, what happens when the HG's sing on this version? Are they allowed to, or do these houseguests simply not sing?

No. The HGs are Canadian, so they wear their microphones, they don't sing, they don't talk about their DR sessions, and they don't slander people outside the house. Seriously, that's all you hear all day in the BB USA House, Put your mic on, stop talking about production... There are so many announcements I'm always amazed they have enough footage without announcements to make up a complete show. The BB CA HGs get called out a couple times a day, that's it.

I'm trying to figure out if they're less messy than Americans.

No. The HGs are Canadian, so they wear their microphones, they don't sing, they don't talk about their DR sessions, and they don't slander people outside the house. Seriously, that's all you hear all day in the BB USA House, Put your mic on, stop talking about production... There are so many announcements I'm always amazed they have enough footage without announcements to make up a complete show. The BB CA HGs get called out a couple times a day, that's it.

I'm trying to figure out if they're less messy than Americans.

I don't know, but we might get an idea later on in the season if we find out that calling in an exterminator might be necessary. Doesn't the US house get infested with roaches or something each season?

I think the camera work needs a bit of practice. What bothers me when watching the live feed is when you hear one conversation going on but they aren't even showing those people in the camera. Also the audio needs to be worked on too, it's a lot harder to hear some of the HGs this time, they aren't upping the mics enough , and I'm not talking about when they are whispering, just normal conversations, which is mostly annoying because I put my volume up to full then switch cameras and that damn 15sec commercial blares in my ears!

I think the show has been pretty good so far considering it's a first season. The cast of characters is pretty good with nice diversity and lots of strategizing. Most of the people are of course shallow and self-absorbed but no worse than BBUSA. And trust me if they just filled the house with a bunch of down to earth, sweet, polite people you would be bored to tears and wouldn't make it through one episode.

The grand prize is pretty disappointing. That house looks more expensive than the BBUSA house yet they can't come up with more than 1/5 of the USA prize? I always thought the bigger the prize, the higher the stakes, the more drama there is, the better the ratings will be. 100k and a couple extra fluff prizes is pretty lame...

I was beyond excited when I heard they were going to do a BB Canada. To be honest I didn't expect it to be great and was worried it wouldn't make it past 1 season. After its aired now with huge ratings (for Canada) its looks like its going to stick around.

I think the smartest thing they did was get the brick to sponsor and furnish the house. Think about someone watching and says wow I love that couch and then goes to the brick to buy it.

The prize seems small but many average people would be more then grateful to win it.

The only tiny issues I have so far are the camera work and mic sounds which seems to be getting a little better all the time. The feed masters are amazing and as long as they continue not to cut the feeds a hundred times a day I will look past there camera issues.

Oh and one last thing I love is how they interact with viewers on twitter. That's something I don't think we will ever see with BBUS.