Andrew Monaghan HG Discussion Thread

morty

Name: Andrew Monaghan

Hometown: Halifax, NS (originally from Corner Brook, NL)

Three adjectives that describe you: Funny, outgoing and honest

Why did you want to be on Big Brother Canada?

I’m a fan of the show. I’ve watched the American version and while I was living in Germany, I watched the German version too. I’d have been a fool not to have tried out for this show because I love it so much.

Do you have a strategy going into the house?

My strategy is not to have a strategy. I don’t know these people so having a strategy before going into the house is only setting myself up to fail. What if I meet the woman of my dreams in there? Then I want her, not the money! I’m just going to be myself and play a good social game.

Will you hide anything about yourself from the other houseguests?

I will not show them my privates – I’m a respectable man. Aside from that, I’m also thinking about hiding my age. I don’t want to turn a lady off by telling her my age. Thirty-eight doesn’t sound as good as thirty-four.

Do you think that the physical or mental challenges will be more difficult for you?

Hate to say it, but the mental challenges will be harder for me because even though I won’t admit that I’m getting older, the ol’ memory is getting shaky. Physically I’m golden though, I shouldn’t have any problems with the physical challenges.

Describe your perfect day?

I lost my dad a few years back so I’d love nothing more than to play golf with him and my brothers again. We’d drink some jars* (East Coast reference for alcoholic beverages), shoot a few straight lines and have a BBQ with friends and family.

What’s your biggest pet peeve?

I don’t care for people who aren’t smart but tell everyone that they are. Or, people who use words out of context or just the wrong word all together. I have a hard time not correcting those people.

He is a lot more boring than I first thought he would be. I thought he had a lot of personality on the first show before going in the house but seems to have fallen into a floater type position. I do think he's funny though, uses humour to socialize quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Andrew as well. I would like to see him win, but I don't think he has strong enough alliances in the game to stay in until the end (unless of course he gets lucky). I admire him because he has been able to play a very social game with people significantly younger than him. Often older contestants think they have one up on the younger ones because of their "life experience", but Andrew has not come across that way at all. Having said all that, it doesn't hurt that we share the same hometown.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favourite things about this season was the emergence of FLONK.

I remember watching it unfold on AfterDark a couple of weeks ago.

(Maybe it was more recently. Perhaps the picnic/pool party night?)

This is for you Andrew!

flonk.gif

Yay Andrew! You're still in the house! I'm hoping the alliance is true between him, Emmett and Jillian. He wasn't fooled by Alec. Thank god!

Oh, I'd be over the moon if he won! No one would have seen that coming. ( Said while knocking on wood) .

After that, Jillian or Emmet for me.

As it stands now, Andrew is in decent shape.

His final three with Jillian and Emmitt looks solid.

No one seems to have mentioned yet that the final 4 veto comp is more important than the final 4 HoH comp in regards to who goes home.

The three East Coast alliance members seem to be fine with being the final 3 and fighting it out at that point, instead of stabbing one of them and dragging Talla to final 3.

However, all this can change depending on who gets voted back in (which takes them back to final 6 for a moment) and who the next 2 people to go home will be.

Andrew is hilarious. I actually see him getting a decent job in radio/tv after this show. He is so so funny and smart. He has more going for him than anyone else in the house right now....go Andrew!!!!

Out of the remaining house guests he is the only one I would like to see win. Talla is useless, an absolute joke really and Jillian and Emmet are so annoying.

However, If Gary gets voted back in tonight he is the one I would love to see win because I feel he did make big moves in the game and deserves the win.

Andrew/Gary final 2 with Gary winning I would so love to see.

I hope Andrew wins this game. He deserves it. It is a miracle he is still in this game. Both members of the Shield had his neck on the guillotine twice and failed to drop it. He's like Rachel Reilly. Not a great player, annoying to many, but a big competition threat throughout the game that survived to the end against all odds and just deserves the money.

This guy is one of the most negative, cynical people I've ever seen. Every other comment is negative, and the amount of cynicism that comes out of his mouth is staggering. He assumes everyone is an idiot, self-promoting, or just plain dumb. Yet, he's cocky and blind to the fact that he's leaving this week. I used to like him, but I don't think he deserves to win anymore.