General Discussion

SHMAG

Hey everyone -

This is my first post and I'm looking forward to following another exciting summer of BB! From what I recall in past seasons, I think that the show we see on "opening night" (July 7) is taped from a few days earlier. After they get into the live shows, Julie usually says something like "It's Day 10 in the Big Brother House..." (for example). At that point we will be able to do the math and figure out what date they actually entered the house. Does that make sense?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey everyone -

This is my first post and I'm looking forward to following another exciting summer of BB! From what I recall in past seasons, I think that the show we see on "opening night" (July 7) is taped from a few days earlier.

You are correct sir!

Not to sound kinda simple here or anything .. but why? Don't they tell you at the end of the live show, that you can check in on the house guests live after the show to see what happens? I think I remember in previous years them wearing the same clothes they wear on 'opening night' ..

Usually they don't have a saturday show on week one .. they make us wait till tuesday so they have time to gather footage, etc

????

Diet...I really can't remember the first show in previous years, but my guess is that it's a combination taped/live show. I do remember seeing the show and thinking if they've only just gotten there how did they have time to do that?? Something like that. BB likes to do a lot of editing for their shows...even the live ones, so I'm sure they would want their opening night show to be flawless and not rely on a totally live show.

I agree with Jeff.And has anyone seen the new footage of the new BB house.I seen it lastnight and I am so excited now for the 7th to come.I grew my nails again just so I have something to chew for the next week..lol

One of the main problems they encountered with the original US Big Brother is having the show on almost every night gave them little material to work with to edit to make the show interesting. In the more recent incarnations, the guests do things in the home for about 3 days before the broadcast so there is lots of time to edit and create story lines.

As far as going in the house live, my recollection is they go in the house live and most of the first show is dedicated to showing the houseguests, background on them, them meeting for the first time in the house, getting beds, and then the first challenge.

It is entirely possible that all this happens earlier than opening night on t.v., in the past I've thought that when Julie said the house guests have been in the house for "x" number of days, it didn't match up with when the show started on t.v. However, my understanding is that the first show has taped background information, but they still go in live.

Or maybe it's changed over the years and is a combination...

Guest ranster627

I have the opposite impression ... I thought the entrance was pre-taped with a challenge or something like that live at the end of the first show ...

Guest summertyme
No I don't think they have... In the past the first show has always opened with the houseguest entering the house and picking the rooms... Our first look at them is always standing out in front of the house... Of course everything has changed about the house this year so I could see them changing this too...

Yana

Actually, the first show has not been a live show in the past. They show them outside the house, but it's always been a taped show.

I have the last two seasons taped and they are not live shows.

Well this is news to me. I always thought the first show was the first show. you all have made good points.

So my question is this. Will people with live feeds get to spy on the house guest before the first show airs?

Since i have been waiting to sign up for live feeds the night bb starts.

I was just wondering if there could be proof they aren't in the house on James' website over at myspace... Take a look at this and notice when it says he last logged in...

image00197ln.png

Guest manyazavoot

But look at the blog on the same site, someone is running it for him:

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Being on Big Brother 6

I am planning on keeping this blog running for James about the time he is on Big Brother. I dont know much about the selection process he went through, apparently he had to keep it super confidential. He flew out on Sunday and wont be in contact with anyone for 3 months at least during filming. When he returns he will have a lot to catch up on. Airing for the show will start on July 7th on CBS.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...=20050629113535

Then again could this be proof that they are there today?

I know you can't make it out well, but I was about to switch feeds and noticed that there were people moving around so I watched the feeds and it was at least 4 people one of which was a female and one of which was a male (couldn't tell which sex the other's were) sitting down and I think it was at the table...

image00226gv.png

Guest eniper

I think the first year was the only year the first episode was live. It showed them all arriving in SUV to the big compound. While I do believe they go in early, I think this is way to early for them to be there. Has anyone checked out maybe Diane's website to see if she mentions it?

I have the opposite impression ... I thought the entrance was pre-taped with a challenge or something like that live at the end of the first show ...

I thought the same thing. I can't remember any of the first shows though. I must be getting old. :roll:

I think having 4 kids and being a stay at home mom has made me older than I actually am though. :cry:

If you are a stay at home mom with 4 kids, I'm proud of you for having time to watch the live feeds! :shock:

Well I will have it on while going on about life. Instead of folding laundry in my room - it will be in the living room near the computer. I will live life around the computer for the season of BB. LOL I am such a BB addict

Guest Rebekah

Soooo is there any confirmation they are in the house now? This might have been answered in another thread already. There is so much information to read I might have missed it.

Guest ranster627

Okay, I watched the video Jem posted on the BB page and saw many people with white badges around their necks ...

It reminds me of many meet and greets I have been to, and I think they are name tags ... so I NOW agree with squirrel, and I actually think they are houseguests in there!

It just makes sense that they would wear name tags for a few days ...

All I will say is the lights in the house went out a little while ago so if the HG's are in there they surely go to bed early... I want to believe they are there but then something like this makes me think that maybe the people were crew doing some kind of run through or something...

The lights have been back on for a while now... It's later than usual for someone to be in the house...

Archived