Big Brother, Change the Prize Money to $1 million. Do It.

jkygogo

And of course, i think it's time for Big Brother to increase the Prize money to $1. it's been 14 seasons, and still $500,000? That's ridiculous. And if they increase it to $1, Big Brother might get more respect from other people outside such as the media and others. And I don't mean to sound superficial or disrespectful, but Julie's Husband is the head of CBS, and if you tell me they can't increase the prize money to $1, that's nonsense.

Respect to all reality shows, but if Survivor and The Amazing race can be at $1 million the very first season in 2000 and 2001 respectively, then Big Brother should be able to increase. And Big Brother is much harder mentally alot harder. And it's hard physically also to be in that house where you can't escape and move around like you could in Survivor and The Amazing Race.

In addition, The Amazing Race is already going to $2? This is ridiculous, Big Brother is only at $500,000?

I think Big Brother should increase to $1 million.

Also, Big Brother is I think over 80 days, alot harder than Survivor which is I think over 30 days. And it's longer than The Amazing Race. Again, respect to all reality shows, but come on, increase Big Brother to $1 million.

!4 Seasons of Big Brother and still $500 thousand?

It's time, please CBS, increase the Prize Money.

It would be nice but I think going HD and redeveloping the house is a greater priority as it isn't as if the $500k isn't a big enough incentive for the houseguests to stab each other in the back anyway.

I guess BB gets a summer level jackpot while Survivor and The Amazing Race get an in season level jackpot.

I completely agree with the HD and redeveloping the house comment... I was a bit shocked at the start of the season, and my first thought was "Wait, it's still not in HD yet?!?". And a new house would be more interesting, instead of just re-decorating it every season. I understand it costs a lot to do that, but they could just change it up every few years..

As for the 500K, if you think thats LOW compared to other TV shows, Big Brother Canada's grand prize will only be 100K !!!!

Anyone got any idea what the CBS budget for the show is. In the UK we've remodelled the house internally at least every year since 2002 although here at times they've had around £60m (so nearly $100m) to play with (for the entire show)- though it's probably around half that now. Australia's budget would be considerably smaller I imagine and they generally remodelled every other year (heck, they had the best house twist ever by having two separate houses which merged into one a few weeks in). And like the US version the German house of recent years was just on a sound stage and they even remodelled theirs mid-season one year.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name