Dan, Week 11 (HoH - Part 1) 2nd Place $50,000

CeCiMom

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really surprised at how bitter the jury was also. They sounded like they thought that they were supposed to be allowed to cruise through the game just because they were there.

BB needs to do something about the final comp questions. Those are just dumb. The Brittany question about bartering cigarettes was just stupid. Why would a coach be embarrassed by that. A coach would be proud of his player bartering cigarettes for a vote. That would mean that player is willing to do whatever it takes to stay. Just a dumb ass question. .

I think Brit was embarrassed because every one thought it was too venal a bribe. I think everyone felt the same about Dan's monomaniacal interest in winning. Everyone else wanted to win as much. Dan thought his desire was more and justified what ever he did. They did nt feel that was true and were bitter that he treated them the way he did. BB is about being able to stick the knife in without making anyone feel abused. or at least the majority should not feel abused.

Disgusted how bad the jury was this year. Did anyone see Shane? He looked drunk and was still so angry about playing. This is what happens when the producers type in Mr. Vermont in google and cast him. Dan deserved to win. Ian did Dan's bidding all summer. The quack pack started out as a joke and Ian used it as his biggest game move.

At the end of the day I'm proud of Dan that he made it to the final 2. The only winner who made it to that spot for a second time.

Disgusted how bad the jury was this year. Did anyone see Shane? He looked drunk and was still so angry about playing. This is what happens when the producers type in Mr. Vermont in google and cast him. Dan deserved to win. Ian did Dan's bidding all summer. The quack pack started out as a joke and Ian used it as his biggest game move.

At the end of the day I'm proud of Dan that he made it to the final 2. The only winner who made it to that spot for a second time.

I honestly think Shane was drunk too. At times he was just wondering around while the cameras were rolling. It was weird.

I think Brit was embarrassed because every one thought it was too venal a bribe. I think everyone felt the same about Dan's monomaniacal interest in winning. Everyone else wanted to win as much. Dan thought his desire was more and justified what ever he did. They did nt feel that was true and were bitter that he treated them the way he did. BB is about being able to stick the knife in without making anyone feel abused. or at least the majority should not feel abused.

ITA NYrose... I don't get why everyone is so bitter that Ian won. Part of winning BB is to convince the jury that you're their bff even if you evicted them... Look at Jenn... Ian got her out, yet she still voted for him. Joe was pretty against Ian throughout the season, yet Ian secured his vote.

ITA NYrose... I don't get why everyone is so bitter that Ian won. Part of winning BB is to convince the jury that you're their bff even if you evicted them... Look at Jenn... Ian got her out, yet she still voted for him. Joe was pretty against Ian throughout the season, yet Ian secured his vote.

I wanted Dan to win and have stated if he doesn't then I want Ian to win, having said that Jenn voted for Ian because Dan won before, Joe always hated Dan more than Ian......you had two choices, if you didn't like either you had to decide which one you disliked more......there was no vote on game play IMO and I don't think Ian had to do much convincing.

Congrats Ian and congrats to Dan for making it further than any other returning player.

I disagree about the Ian not having to do any convincing part... Dani felt robbed/cheated by Dan but you could tell she was wavering if she should or not -- I think though Ian's genuine reaction to finding out Dan has screwed him too, and his changed speech on the fly convinced the jury that in the end Dan wasn't loyal to anyone, not even Dani or Ian. They wouldn't of felt that way had the truth not come out. If it hadn't come out, Ian wouldn't of made his speech and they might of rewarded Dan.

I disagree about the Ian not having to do any convincing part... Dani felt robbed/cheated by Dan but you could tell she was wavering if she should or not -- I think though Ian's genuine reaction to finding out Dan has screwed him too, and his changed speech on the fly convinced the jury that in the end Dan wasn't loyal to anyone, not even Dani or Ian. They wouldn't of felt that way had the truth not come out. If it hadn't come out, Ian wouldn't of made his speech and they might of rewarded Dan.

Definitely. I think Dani's question sealed Dan's fate. I think Ian went all out after realizing he was duped by Dan as well. Tbh this was one of the most heated F2 ever.

Dan would have lost anyway. The entire jury except maybe Jenn had made up their minds prior to showing up. Half of them admitted to wanting Ian to win because he deserved it and they wanted to vote for someone who hadn't already won it. Pretty sure Britney pitched the whole thing of, Dan and Ian deserve to win over Danielle but if it is Ian vs. Dan... Ian deserves it because he played his own game and he hasn't already won it.

Nothing against Ian... but bottom line is Dan played the best game of anyone BY FAR. He deserved to win. All the reasons Dan didn't win were all the wrong reasons in my opinion (Cause he won before - Do the Yankees not get to play in the World Series cause they won before - , cause he was a coach, and he lied and backstab more people so he is less likable) Dan basically ran that house since the coaches were thrown in the game and he single handedly manipulated and evicted every single person on that jury. And he did it all with only ONE reign as HOH... what Dan did was extremely impressive. To have such a large target on your back and still be able to make it to the F2 (not to mention drag a weak player in Danielle to the F3) without winnig hardly any comps is remarkable and will never be repeated in BB.

Anyone else find it kind of fitting that Dan was the scapegoat again but for the last time? By this I mean him getting the blame for everyone (which he should because he had a big part it in) But Ian betrayed Boogie, Frank and Jenn, formed an alliance with Dan. Put out Ashley, Frank and Jenn and Danielle (as he was HOH) and the Jury members put ALL the blame on Dan. Dan only lied to everyone about evicting them so he wouldnt have to listen to them whine and bitch at him until they were evicted.

Baffles my mind how everyone thinks Ian played a "clean" game. Makes me nautious to be honest. What was clean about it exactly? He talked shit about Joe all season until he could use him.

to me this is tied with Danielle losing to Lisa on Big Brother 3.

Anyone else find it kind of fitting that Dan was the scapegoat again but for the last time? By this I mean him getting the blame for everyone (which he should because he had a big part it in) But Ian betrayed Boogie, Frank and Jenn, formed an alliance with Dan. Put out Ashley, Frank and Jenn and Danielle (as he was HOH) and the Jury members put ALL the blame on Dan. Dan only lied to everyone about evicting them so he wouldnt have to listen to them whine and bitch at him until they were evicted.

Baffles my mind how everyone thinks Ian played a "clean" game. Makes me nautious to be honest. What was clean about it exactly? He talked shit about Joe all season until he could use him.

Hey that's how you win BB? You can evict people without them hating you... It's not all about how many blindslides/backstabs you can pull...

Dan played an absolutely perfect game for 2nd place. Unfortunately, you can't afford to backstab the whole jury. You can only afford to backstab a couple of them at most or else make sure you're sitting next to someone who is hated more than you or has no respect. Ian was a horrible person to sit next to.

Yup... I'd say you are dead on with that comment.

Do you all think Dan would have won if he was sitting next to Danielle in the F2?

In order to win you need to be able to not allienate the jury. I think Dan overplayed and although he played a good game his speech at the end I think hurt him. I was glad that Ian and Dan were the final 2 because I think they were deserving of being there. I think Dan threw the HOH to Ian. If he had won and taken Danielle he would have won.

I think Dan avoided reminding them that he had a bigger uphill battle because of the returning player target because he didn't want to remind them of their determination to give the money to a new player, but in doing so, weakened his speech. His emphasis on how he wasn't smart as some or as physical as some, and all of the flattery, didn't cut it. It was too obvious. I know he had a fine line to draw because talking about how he could talk two people to drop out of the HOH comp, for example, would embarrass Dani and could cause him to lose her vote.

If he did throw that last HOH, he must really be kicking himself ...

Dan is my all time favorite player as I have said before. I have always admired Dan's game. I am very sad that Dan didn't pull off this win. He certainly deserved it, but unfortunately the jury was unable to look past their bitterness and Dan's speech wasn't as great as it could have been (which is shocking since Dan is such a great speaker). Some seasons the jury is bitter (season 3 big time) and sometimes they aren't (season 10,season 8). If everything was based on gameplay, Russell Hantz would have won Survivor. Unfortuantely, every action has a consequence. I'm not saying that I agree with the jury at all, but it is what it is.

Janelle was right. Dan not winning was a travesty. The look on the jury's faces was very funny during that part. Her and Wil spoke truth.

I had Ian as my pick to win before and I like being right :) Ian deserved 2nd place. a 6-1 vote wasn't deserved, but better him than Danielle. And besides, this made Ian's life. I am happy for him.

Dan won his first season and got 2nd this season. A big accomplishment that not even Dr. Will can boast. Dan should be very proud of himself for this. Excellent game Dan! You won regardless!

I agree. I think this jury had it's mind made up before they even know who final 2 was that Dan would not win. Joe's question (that they all agreed on) proves that to me. Dan had been called Judas by Joe, Britney and Shane and Frank questioned him on the swearing on the bible thing YET Joe's question is "You said you were up to your elbows in blood yet you only won HOH once so what is it you think you did to get that blood on you?"

That stated, I do think Ian played a very good game and earned his spot in final 2. I was rooting for Dan but am not sorry to see Ian take it. His coach all but ignored him, he was the 5th wheel in a 4 person alliance, his showmance was openly cheating on him, and he was sitting in F3 with a couple that had been together since day 1 yet he still made it to the end. Good for him.

The coaches should have stuck together. I'm not sure any coach (especially not a previous winner) really had a shot with a jury full of newbies, but even that was a smart move on the part of the newbies.

I was really expecting a 4-3 vote for Ian.. But as soon as the questions came I knew Dan was going to lose. What a bitter jury!!! Like people here have said, it's not how you play the game anymore, it all depends if you piss off the jury or not. So sad!!!

I agree! And all these people didn't want a former player to win..what difference does that make? Good luck Dan...really enjoyed watching you play again this year.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name