Shane Meaney, Week 10 (Replacement Nominee) Evicted 9/13

CeCiMom

I think anyone trying out for Big Brother ought to know the GAME and this game is not for those recruited from other reality show tryouts and models.

His head was never in the game. The one time he got scared he blamed Britney and everyone else.

He will be bitter in the jury.

Yeah he's going to be more bitter than Frank. He really is a terrible player though! How many times did he volunteer to go on the block? You NEVER do that! How many times did he passionately tell people he was with them for no reason before screwing them and building unnecessary resentment? How many times was he shown that Dan can't be trusted without losing trust? This guy belongs on the Bachelor not BB.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he's going to be more bitter than Frank. He really is a terrible player though! How many times did he volunteer to go on the block? You NEVER do that! How many times did he passionately tell people he was with them for no reason before screwing them and building unnecessary resentment? How many times was he shown that Dan can't be trusted without losing trust? This guy belongs on the Bachelor not BB.

Hi GreatSaltLake! I know you are a Dan fan. This is my first time watching BB and I started half way into the season. I'd really like to hear your insight regarding why Dan is so popular. Is it because of the last time he was on? If so, do you think that he will be less popular or at least less liked after this season? Or, am I missing some reason to really like him from this season alone?

He does not deserve any money. They should take away his stipend. If you are not on the block and someone ask you to go up so that someone else will be safe...and you do not vigorously object and throw a hissy fit...you do not deserve a dime. He got the only thing he deserves. Dumbass!! Ahhh, yes Danielle, you do what ever you need to do. I trust you. I mean, everyone else may be playing for half million dollars, but not me. Go ahead and let the other guy cut my throat. I mean, he's only been cutting peoples throat the whole game, he's covered in blood...but he wouldn't do that to me...lol.

Hi GreatSaltLake! I know you are a Dan fan. This is my first time watching BB and I started half way into the season. I'd really like to hear your insight regarding why Dan is so popular. Is it because of the last time he was on? If so, do you think that he will be less popular or at least less liked after this season? Or, am I missing some reason to really like him from this season alone?

I think the main reason to like him is that he knows how to play THIS game. He is ALWAYS thinking about what he needs to do to further himself. You can argue over his tatics to do this, but you can't argue that they are effective and they work.

AC will come down to Dan and Ian IMO .... Really can't see Shane winning that. He was a horrible player! Between Frank & Shane they win comps but they are clueless when it comes to playing this game.

Shane basically offering to go up means he doesn't deserve to win ... It was a moronic move on his part ... He should be mad at himself!

AC will come down to Dan and Ian IMO .... Really can't see Shane winning that. He was a horrible player! Between Frank & Shane they win comps but they are clueless when it comes to playing this game.

Shane basically offering to go up means he doesn't deserve to win ... It was a moronic move on his part ... He should be mad at himself!

Based on how the crowd responded, I don't think Dan is in favor with America... the gameplay/television were good, but I don't think they liked how he played.

I think the main reason to like him is that he knows how to play THIS game. He is ALWAYS thinking about what he needs to do to further himself. You can argue over his tatics to do this, but you can't argue that they are effective and they work.

Thanks! I appreciate anyone's insight in this topic. I know there are a lot if Dan fans and I respect them. I am really just trying to understand. :)

I can't say I'm shocked by his reaction... Usually people that are "playing" others (ie. using Dani, just to further himself in the game, even though he has nooo interest in her) are quick to detest the same thing being done to them.

Thanks! I appreciate anyone's insight in this topic. I know there are a lot if Dan fans and I respect them. I am really just trying to understand. :)

No problem. I'm the type of viewer who doesn't care who swears on what, be it the bible, family, dead mother or 3rd cousin twice removed. I don't care what promises get broken. I don't care what lies are told.I want to see people play the game to get them further however that may be. I don't even care if someone I'm rooting for gets stabbed in the back, it's part of the game.

I'm voting for Shane for favorite player. He needs the money.

are you sure he has those college loans? He is a model too and making money on that. He will get a lot of money for his pink blouses on e-bay. :P

I'm flattered you want my opinion. Dan was very popular after his first season yes, because he was the only player to ever win by unanimous jury vote, which already placed him at or near the level of the agreed upon best player, Dr. Will. He made some great moves that season and actually played a much more loyal, clean game. This season, it seems he decided to use that reputation to his advantage and play a very different game involving a lot of shifting loyalty and playing all sides while making everyone believe he would be loyal to them to the end and that he was an easy person to beat in the end due to being a previous winner. Even if you hate him, you just can't deny his incredible skill at playing the social game and his power of persuasion. Getting to the end twice is an amazing feat in this game and doing it with very different strategies shows some outstanding versatility. I think he will be a polarizing player after this season. Those that view BB as just a game and who are willing to forgive any gameplay short of cheating will idolize Dan as the best player ever for a long time to come. Those that believe the game should be played ethically and dislike players that are willing to win at all costs will probably view Dan as a dirty player who sold his soul to the devil to win the game. So to answer your question, I think he will definitely be a more popular player after this season due to his proven skills but also less well liked by a lot of people. He started the season as a good guy and may very well end up being considered a villain.

Based on how the crowd responded, I don't think Dan is in favor with America... the gameplay/television were good, but I don't think they liked how he played.

To me it sounded like less than half the crowd clapping when Shane said Dan was a dirty player.

I can't say I'm shocked by his reaction... Usually people that are "playing" others (ie. using Dani, just to further himself in the game, even though he has nooo interest in her) are quick to detest the same thing being done to them.

Great observation! And, not to defend his using Dani, that would be wrong in the real world! But, in the game he didn't have a lot of choice. She really threw herself at him, and he did try awfully hard up to the very end to not lead her on. If he would have been more honest about his feelings (or lack of) for her that would have been more moral, but been bad for his game.

Great observation! And, not to defend his using Dani, that would be wrong in the real world! But, in the game he didn't have a lot of choice. She really threw herself at him, and he did try awfully hard up to the very end to not lead her on. If he would have been more honest about his feelings (or lack of) for her that would have been more moral, but been bad for his game.

I agree.

yep if he outright rejected her he would have been a goner no doubt :animated_bouncy:

I'm voting for Shane for favorite player. He needs the money.

If he really needed the money that badly then he should taken 5 minutes and watched some of the DVD's they supplied him while he was sequestered so that he would have had a clue how the game works!

I'm flattered you want my opinion. Dan was very popular after his first season yes, because he was the only player to ever win by unanimous jury vote, which already placed him at or near the level of the agreed upon best player, Dr. Will. He made some great moves that season and actually played a much more loyal, clean game. This season, it seems he decided to use that reputation to his advantage and play a very different game involving a lot of shifting loyalty and playing all sides while making everyone believe he would be loyal to them to the end and that he was an easy person to beat in the end due to being a previous winner. Even if you hate him, you just can't deny his incredible skill at playing the social game and his power of persuasion. Getting to the end twice is an amazing feat in this game and doing it with very different strategies shows some outstanding versatility. I think he will be a polarizing player after this season. Those that view BB as just a game and who are willing to forgive any gameplay short of cheating will idolize Dan as the best player ever for a long time to come. Those that believe the game should be played ethically and dislike players that are willing to win at all costs will probably view Dan as a dirty player who sold his soul to the devil to win the game. So to answer your question, I think he will definitely be a more popular player after this season due to his proven skills but also less well liked by a lot of people. He started the season as a good guy and may very well end up being considered a villain.

I completely agree with you. I can only add that Dan couldn't and shouldn't play the same game play as in his previous season because it will become transparent and his moves become very predictable to the other HGs. Although his reputation from his previous season (good, honest and trustworthy) did help him go far this season since the HGs believed he's still is. On the other hand, his fans outside the house were disappointed this new game play of his plus becoming aware about his HG manipulations from his DR sessions. In his past seasons, he made more surprizes about most of his moves.

Thanks! I appreciate your thorough response. I am trying to observe the season as openly as possible. Sometimes I like Dan more than others, but all personal feelings aside I am just trying to grasp why some players are more popular than others. From what I know about past players on this season (i.e. the coaches) it seems like Janelle is the most popular by twice as much as Britney and Dan who are about the same, followed by Boogie. I get Britney because she is entertaining (sarcastic, cute, etc...). Boogie is the nice bad guy (or something like that). Janelle, I have not seen that much of, but I think it could be that women want to be like her, and men want to be with her? Dan, I am thinking is so popular because people can relate to him???

Thanks! I appreciate your thorough response. I am trying to observe the season as openly as possible. Sometimes I like Dan more than others, but all personal feelings aside I am just trying to grasp why some players are more popular than others. From what I know about past players on this season (i.e. the coaches) it seems like Janelle is the most popular by twice as much as Britney and Dan who are about the same, followed by Boogie. I get Britney because she is entertaining (sarcastic, cute, etc...). Boogie is the nice bad guy (or something like that). Janelle, I have not seen that much of, but I think it could be that women want to be like her, and men want to be with her? Dan, I am thinking is so popular because people can relate to him???

No problem! Also, if you haven't seen season 6 or 7, Janelle was just a shadow of her former self this season. Back then she was a beautiful comp beast who was also great tv outside of comps due to her fearless and confrontational personality and people loved her for her passionate loyalty to her alliance. This season she didn't win much, seemed to do all her trash talking behind people's backs, played a floater game and just didn't seem as vibrant as she used to be. I would also say Dan isn't so much popular because people can relate to him but because he is a mastermind of the game and plays it completely emotionless like chess and seems to be an expert of psychology and how to manipulate people.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name