Dan, Week 7 (Nominee/Off the Block)

CeCiMom

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I noticed is that in past seasons house guests would rally around the person that was confined to solitary, support them, sit out-side the door, talk, etc. even if they weren't on their "side" they would at least give a "drive-by" hang in there kind of thing.

The QP was formed week 3 and they all abandoned him even after he took the entire brunt of the F/B bullying, blame, etc. I'm fine with Dan doing and saying anything he wants at this point, and aligning with whoever he wants (damn the QP) to save himself. He has got to realize he has nothing to lose but, to go for the hail mary. Unfortunately for him, Frank will either a) not believe a word he says b ) believe him but, not give a s$%t because of his obsession against Dan or c) believe him and the two of them find a way to work together for a couple weeks. It really is a long shot but, Dan has nothing to lose because he is going home if he doesn't at least try.

Actually, I've never thought for a minute that Dan was some kind of great player. He got real lucky his season like sometimes happens.

His real downfall was not keeping Mike in the house.

Yeah, before this season I saw him through nostalgia goggles and thought he was the 2nd best player ever behind Dr. Will but watching him this season I don't think that anymore and I realize how lucky he was his first season. From some of the things he says, he seems to think he is one of the greatest but he's been making some pretty dumb moves this season.

Dr Will is without a doubt the most popular player but what makes him better than Dan? If you put Dr Will in this season he may have been long gone by now ... People watched the seasons or have people telling them what they did during their season it's actually much harder playing in this environment then it would be to play in all-stars. Not saying Dan is the best or anybody is for that matter but the ability to play the game changes all the time because the personalities are different.

The second point regarding Dan's game play this season ... keep in mind we would love nothing more then to scream through our monitors/laptops/TV whatever to tell them what is really going on but it obviously don't work that way ... Maybe he would have got further with Janelle maybe not that's only there to speculate what would have/could have happened ... Maybe she agrees to BD Dan the following week too.

Dan now still has time to make something happen but he'll probably have a better chance of convincing Jenn to do something then Ian who apparently now thinks it's a complete joke ... His best chance is to out Ian and hope to join up with Frank and Jenn and try to get Shane out this week but it seems pretty unlikely.

Dr Will is without a doubt the most popular player but what makes him better than Dan? If you put Dr Will in this season he may have been long gone by now ... People watched the seasons or have people telling them what they did during their season it's actually much harder playing in this environment then it would be to play in all-stars. Not saying Dan is the best or anybody is for that matter but the ability to play the game changes all the time because the personalities are different.

The second point regarding Dan's game play this season ... keep in mind we would love nothing more then to scream through our monitors/laptops/TV whatever to tell them what is really going on but it obviously don't work that way ... Maybe he would have got further with Janelle maybe not that's only there to speculate what would have/could have happened ... Maybe she agrees to BD Dan the following week too.

Dan now still has time to make something happen but he'll probably have a better chance of convincing Jenn to do something then Ian who apparently now thinks it's a complete joke ... His best chance is to out Ian and hope to join up with Frank and Jenn and try to get Shane out this week but it seems pretty unlikely.

Jenn is sitting pretty with Britney and Danielle and there is no way she will abandon her girls alliance she has fought for all season. Not a snowballs chance in Hell she would do it. Ian might do it so he could play with the big boys.

Dan would have been better off working with someone like Frank and Boogie who have been completely loyal at least too each other ... Britney and Shane are both floating despite being in an alliance they'll toss anybody under the big brother bus any chance they get it seems

Dan's early obsession with working with Boog was his downfall. He should have appeased Boog and let him keep his sidekick for awhile then figured out a way to get Frank out later. Instead, Dan chose to start an all-out war and cut Boog. Frank won't trust Dan ever now, imo. Boog told Frank about Dan wanting Frank gone at all cost. Dan showed his hand too early in that situation. He could have snowed Boog/Frank for awhile.

I haven't seen anything brilliant from Dan this season at all. He's been quite boring, imo. I do hope he outs everyone today. If he tells Jenn that Danielle lied to her about not knowing she was leaving ahead of time, that might help him out. Jenn seems to worship Dani now for some reason since Dani turned on the fake tears and lied to her straight up and down, swearing she had no prior knowledge. Jenn fell for it hook, line and sinker. Dan needs to make Jenn realize that Dani made her look like a fool.

True Marty ... Not looking to good for our boy Dan ... My season will likely come to an end with this weeks eviction ... Not a strong enough cast left. Not a huge Boogie fan but with him leaving last week and Dan this week not to mention my dislike for Frank and the boring other cast members ... it's not looking good for me either unfortunately

Dan's early obsession with working with Boog was his downfall. He should have appeased Boog and let him keep his sidekick for awhile then figured out a way to get Frank out later. Instead, Dan chose to start an all-out war and cut Boog. Frank won't trust Dan ever now, imo. Boog told Frank about Dan wanting Frank gone at all cost. Dan showed his hand too early in that situation. He could have snowed Boog/Frank for awhile.

I haven't seen anything brilliant from Dan this season at all. He's been quite boring, imo. I do hope he outs everyone today. If he tells Jenn that Danielle lied to her about not knowing she was leaving ahead of time, that might help him out. Jenn seems to worship Dani now for some reason since Dani turned on the fake tears and lied to her straight up and down, swearing she had no prior knowledge. Jenn fell for it hook, line and sinker. Dan needs to make Jenn realize that Dani made her look like a fool.

Dan's issue with Froogie came when he heard Frank wanted to backdoor him ... He was never informed that Boogie talked Frank out of this idea though otherwise Boogie is probably still in the house and quite possibly working with Dan and Frank. Again just goes back to us knowing more from the outside because we know everything that goes on.

I lost a lot of respect for Dan's game when he told Boogie Frank was being blindsided and tried to sell to Boogie that he was hitting the reset button just to save Frank. Even the dumbest rookie ever to play wouldn't have bought that load, let alone a veteran. And Frank only wanted Dan out because he had heard over and over that Dan wanted him out so he could work with Boogie. If Dan had just been loyal to Froogie, he could have sat back behind the biggest target in the game knowing that Frank was bound to be taken out eventually, leaving him with his hands clean and free to work with Boogie, who was also likely to be targeted before him. Taking all the heat for all of the Quack Pack's wrongdoings against Froogie was also pretty foolish and unnecessary and just ensured that he was the biggest target in his alliance. I don't think that these are things that you only realize when you are outside looking in, they are just really bad gameplay decisions from any point of view.

I lost a lot of respect for Dan's game when he told Boogie Frank was being blindsided and tried to sell to Boogie that he was hitting the reset button just to save Frank. Even the dumbest rookie ever to play wouldn't have bought that load, let alone a veteran. And Frank only wanted Dan out because he had heard over and over that Dan wanted him out so he could work with Boogie. If Dan had just been loyal to Froogie, he could have sat back behind the biggest target in the game knowing that Frank was bound to be taken out eventually, leaving him with his hands clean and free to work with Boogie, who was also likely to be targeted before him. Taking all the heat for all of the Quack Pack's wrongdoings against Froogie was also pretty foolish and unnecessary and just ensured that he was the biggest target in his alliance. I don't think that these are things that you only realize when you are outside looking in, they are just really bad gameplay decisions from any point of view.

ITA. Dan has probably done more to hurt his former "great player" image this season than any of the veterans put together. It really wasn't that difficult to just sit back and work with

Frank and Mike like you said knowing Frank would eventually go since he was such a huge target anyway. I also agree that Mike would have been targeted before Dan, but probably

not before getting Dan far along in the game so he could then work it from that angle at that point.

Dan was sitting so pretty and didn't really have to do much of anything (which is exactly how he likes to play). But this season proves he couldn't do the most basic fundamentals

of Big Brother.

In my opinion..........Dan should have remained a coach for all reasons. It was wrong of BB to bring the coaches into the game. Wrong for the coaches and wrong for the players. Hind sight relative to what he (or any of them) should have done is interesting but not a sure thing.

I don't know Dan in person and was not and am not a 150% Dan fan but I would venture to guess that Dan Gheesling is probably someone with whom it would be easy to socialize. Like I said, I don't know Dan but I think that Dan is probably a nice guy.

ITA. Dan has probably done more to hurt his former "great player" image this season than any of the veterans put together. It really wasn't that difficult to just sit back and work with

Frank and Mike like you said knowing Frank would eventually go since he was such a huge target anyway. I also agree that Mike would have been targeted before Dan, but probably

not before getting Dan far along in the game so he could then work it from that angle at that point.

Dan was sitting so pretty and didn't really have to do much of anything (which is exactly how he likes to play). But this season proves he couldn't do the most basic fundamentals

of Big Brother.

I disagree lol - There is only 1 Vet still standing and she's the one that was the lowest on the great player totem pole ... Like I mentioned before its so easy to sit on the outside watching everything unfold and judge how someone is playing.

Dan only knew that Frank was planning to backdoor him so he reacted first and it also become well known thanks to Ian that they were suggesting Ian go after their other Silent 6 members ... When you hear this and have no clue what people are actually doing it's easy to say yeah Dan should have stuck with the Silent 6 but that thing was falling apart the day after it was formed.

This season doesn't take anything away from any of the Vets IMO ... They came into the game with huge targets on their back so it was a major challenge for them right from the start ... Dan and Britney had no reason to not enter with Shane being a major target and Danielle unlikely to win anyway they might as well try.

Wasn't Dan at one time in his life planning to become a Priest or Jesuit or something like that? Being in lockdown is right up his alley. I'm glad they didn't give him a whip on a stick and make him flog himself every couple of hours.....

None of these all stars should be on this show. My nightmare F2 would be Frank and Jenn or anybody and Jenn. Maybe Frank and Ian. I don't know.

I disagree lol - There is only 1 Vet still standing and she's the one that was the lowest on the great player totem pole ... Like I mentioned before its so easy to sit on the outside watching everything unfold and judge how someone is playing.

Dan only knew that Frank was planning to backdoor him so he reacted first and it also become well known thanks to Ian that they were suggesting Ian go after their other Silent 6 members ... When you hear this and have no clue what people are actually doing it's easy to say yeah Dan should have stuck with the Silent 6 but that thing was falling apart the day after it was formed.

This season doesn't take anything away from any of the Vets IMO ... They came into the game with huge targets on their back so it was a major challenge for them right from the start ... Dan and Britney had no reason to not enter with Shane being a major target and Danielle unlikely to win anyway they might as well try.

I agree with you. Although there are some really bad players...for the most part, the difference between ordinary and so called great players is luck. Players have to make decisions that will further them in the game and hope it aligns with what other players want. This season, Janelle went from being the coach that would have been completely in control of the game to the first player eliminated after the reset. Did she make any huge mistake...no. Boogie was set to make a big run, his only mistake was trusting a guy who was out to stab him the back. Danielle could have just as easily chose not to use the veto and left her noms the same instead of putting up Janelle. We would probably be talking about a totally different game now.

I never considered Dan to be a great player but he is a good player. But, I do not believe he played poorly during this season. If Frank was not the HOH this week, Dan probably would not be on the block. If the QP did not backdoor Boogie and the S6 would have stayed intact, Dan would still probably be on the block this week. That was B/F plan.

Dr. Will is considered to be the greatest BB player ever. Did he ever try to win a comp? He had what appeared to be clear sailing to a second win in All-stars, but Janelle figured out that she couldn't win with him in the game. Janelle was a great player. She tried to win every comp. Never won the game. I thought Gnat was a great player but she lost the comp that she had to win. In my opinion, Jordan and Jun sucked, but everything aligned for them at the right time. Luck is the big difference maker in my opinion, unfortunately, Dan has probably run out of luck. I do think he is one of the better players though.

Dan can make a good case. He can get Shane, Danielle, and Ian. Ian takes down Dan and puts up Britney. Frank really wants Britney gone. Dan doesn't even have to tell him about Ian or the Quack Pack. He can say like REZEV was saying he is the Dark Knight.

Britney and Ian got up just now and got some cereal. Frank tries to talk to them but they are kinda ignoring them. They say where is Ian and they take their cereal out to talk to Ian. They leave Frank in the house to do the dishes. He has got to see that they are not with him.

I noticed that the girls keep going to the door to tell Dan things & he never responds to them... is he doing that purposely???

He said yesterday he is not supposed to talk. He may just be saying that so he can re-group because he knows he has to go to Frank.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au2COyJEo1E go to 8:25 of the video . So funny

Renny = The Joker

Frank = Bane

OK that was just awesome!~ That was a fun season!

Oh man... Dan is in a bad way....

Dan is NOT doing good... Danielle just rushed to the DR & told them not to leave Dan alone....

OK he just winked at the camera... he must be fooling... scared the crap outta me!

Dan is faking it. He went in the storage room and smiled and gave the camera's a thumbs up. He said something in the have not room about he is not done and going to take them all out one by one.