Ian Terry, Week 3

CeCiMom

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya I saw that too that is why I posted in this thread. He just really seems sooooo uncomfortable in this environment.

As am I with him being in this environment. It is painful to watch and the odd behaviour seems to me to be escalating.

I wonder what BB was thinking when casting this lot of people...Ian, Willie, Danielle, Ashley, Joe, Jojo, Wil...they all seem kind of crazy to me. It's a strange season, imo. It's weird that NONE of them are worth rooting for. I like Ian but I'm concerned about him.

I am not a Doctor but I play one on the Internet and he is definitely an Aspergers kid. I have a 19 year old with Aspergers and see a lot of my son him. My son does not stem like Ian does. Stemming is his coping tool to keep in control, so that is when you will see repetitive behavior such as rocking and in his case always moving. Most Aspies are very smart and have a focus that they excel at. My son is into Acting. He can pretty much mimic any actor and memorizes lines quickly and with little effort. Aspies are socially awkward and have a difficult time mixing in with the norm. They usually cannot and do not make eye contact. The fascinating thing is that Aspergers kids are socially awkward. This is such of an accomplishment for Ian to be in that house, but I believe it to be his "focus that he excels at" since he has such knowledge of the game. I saw him name all the players in order of their eviction from season one to current. If that isn’t an Aspies kid I don’t know what it is!

From day 1 I said the same thing.. he has Aspergers because he behaviours etc reminded me of my middle son who has it.

Ian is a family favorite with us and we would love nothing more than to see him win the whole game.

My sister in law is a nutritionist and she said this is a very bad idea for Ian to keep volunteering for slop. She also said that quite a few medical people wrote to CBS when slop was introduced and that's why they started adding the two additional foods for have-not folks. Those beds are just awful!

Ian looked very very nervous at the POV Ceremony. I think there was a lot of stress that he might be the replacement, and now everyone is tossing him in front of a moving train. I sure hope he wins the next HOH.

Aspergers or not he is really bad at this game. I'm thinking maybe he watched big brother so much because he never was social and that is kind of sad. I'm just really trying to understand if Big Brother new about his condition. I actually watched big brother all the time too because I wasn't really social so I can relate to Ian. I'll probably eat my words but this game is not meant for Ian. It is above all else a social game and without social skills it is going to be REALLY hard for him to win. But anything is possible. I mean Adam from BB9 won and he was a lunatic lol

Because those with aspergers are socially awkward you are possibly correct, however, there are various degress of aspergers and he appears to be at the very mild end of the spectrum. In some ways I think it's neat that he got a chance to follow his dream because let's face it, kids with his type of disability are often made fun of and not allowed to participate in many things. Unfortunately the nature of this particular game would seem to magnify and make worse his issues and that's the part that it seems no one seemed to think ahead to. Did you notice (I think it was last night) that some of the house guests are starting to question if perhaps he is autistic? As a parent, I just want to reach through the tv and try and protect him at times - stupid I know - but he pulls at my heart strings.

I think he needs to leave the show for his own health. BB is not about giving the $500,000 to someone just because they "might" have aspergers. If he really does then he should not of ever tried to play a game that is so intense at times,be put on slop and have strange sleeping hours. Get him out now before he has trouble dealing w/the game. I just want what is best for him and his happiness.

My heart goes out to Ian. He hasn't a mean bone in his body. If he says something even mildly mean, he immediately retracts it and feels bad. I would bet that he wins fan fave, and I hope he does, and keeps the money for himself instead of giving to his parents, since he's said that they don't support him going on the show. I do hope he is making them proud (well, except for the streaking! lol).

A very real part of me will be very very happy if somehow at the end of this stupid season, Ian gets to evict Janelle.

I would bet that he wins fan fave, and I hope he does, and keeps the money for himself instead of giving to his parents, since he's said that they don't support him going on the show.

His parents were probably concerned about how he would cope with all the stress in the house and worried about how people would treat him. I'm sure it is breaking their hearts to see him being treated like some weird kid.

His parents were probably concerned about how he would cope with all the stress in the house and worried about how people would treat him. I'm sure it is breaking their hearts to see him being treated like some weird kid.

Probably.

Noticed on the feeds this morning that Ian was complaining about his shoulder....but that in the HOH competition, he'd hold on until it fell off......don't know if this is an excuse made ahead of time, or if the kid WOULD hold on 'til it fell off.