General Chit-Chat / Questions / Venting

I, for one, am completely done with Big Brother. I've stopped watching and cancelled Showtime.

Doesn't mean people don't still think I am interested (I'm not, so please don't feel the need to recap it for me) . Here are my observations and then I am out of here and will see y'all for Survivor.

The whole "coaches" twist was a farce from the get-go. From what I saw stomaching 2 shows and 4 nights of Sho2, the newbies don't like it either and most of the fans are wondering what the heck these people are doing there and why they have the nerve to call themselves coaches. They really are a pitiful group!

Boogie is the same evil little gnome he always was, he's just older and more pathetic now. Brittany is as clueless as she was in her season. Jani's "fans" have mostly moved on, and now a lot of people are down on her for not moving on herself, but she still thinks she is all-that. While the other stupid coaches are battling it out with who is more impressed with themselves, Dan is sitting back waiting to steal the whole thing (I still think Grodner will give this season to Jani).

Everyone hates Willie but he's a recruited Hantz and a Grodner investment so expect him on Jury.

The rest of the newbies are pretty much paid extras and the show is not about them, which sucks.

The complaints continue to stack up against Grodner but unless people are writing to CBS (we all did here) nothing will get done. In all reality, nothing will get done anyway unless people actually stop watching and ratings go down. Ratings are about numbers, not if people watching actually like what is going on.

Apparently the feeds are terrible. Sho2 was awful because the sound is inaudible, the HG's whisper all the time and are constantly cryptic and don't use names (never heard so much "he", "she", "the person...I don't want to say the name"). The camera people are lazy and pretty much set a cam on one conversation and leave it there while they go have a snack or something. I got a headache just trying to follow the conversation, and then when the commercial would come on I had the sound up so loud the entire surrounding neighborhood knew Julie Chen said "we'll be right back".

Grodner is CBS's equivalent to the high school athlete who is dumb as a box of footballs but scores more running yards, touchdowns and field goals than anyone else so the teachers look the other way and pass him along, even tho he can barely read the coaches playbook and his math skills don't go past the 50-yard line. As long as everyone keeps watching, Grodner stays cos CBS is as lazy as she is, and the show stays and Grodner does what she wants instead of trying to make it better, actually listening to the fans and applying some of the feedback.

Thanks to whomever accused me in chat (I guess we're not allowed to have opinions anymore) of taking "bitter pills", I am taking the Summer off from BB and finding other things to do...and enjoying the heck out of it.

Everyone have a great Summer...see y'all in a month or two.

Just sayin...Well darn it I'm gonna miss ya...we always have fun in chat but I respect your decision eve if I dont like it!

Will just have to e-mail ya!

XO

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think BBAD is HD. Will check tonight.

None of the BB shows in the US are in HD. When The Amazing Race announced they were going to HD, there was an article about how BB and TAR were the only two major shows on TV that weren't in HD yet. BB is still in crappy SD. There's no reason to not be in HD these days. Other then being too cheap to get new cameras in the house.

Just read on the main page and saw what the Have Not's get for food this week. Why is it that BB thinks giving America the vote on items always has to be foods with the same letters? The dude that announces the choices each week sounds like a total idiot saying matching names in a childish manor each time. There's many more fun options to do besides the matching letters. Personally, I really wish they would cut slop out and make the house do a shopping budget like the UK and give them chick peas and all that for the real low end meals. If you've never seen the UK version, it's very good TV when you see grown adults fighting over getting their allotment of cookies for the week.

I saw an announcement tonight on my ABC channel which recently was blocked from my cable line up because of their aruguing the fees charged by my provider which is Time Warner, well, it is saying that CBS and another didn't catch it were going to be blocked as of the 25th because of issues with the fees that they pay the provider, don't know if you all out there across the us have had these same issues, but I am going to be soooo angry if CBS gets cut and there is not a damn thing I can do, I can watch the shows a day or two later but I for one am so annoyed with these cable providers in particular Time Warner,, who is really bad, they have terrible service, and I think ppl are slowly trying to find ways to watch tv without having a cable provider, I know in Nov when my contract is up I am going to switch to getting channels thru my PS3, hook my computer up to the flat screen for channels like Bravo and watch that way, and I will get a DVR recorder if I have to, if I end up missing my BB shows because of a greedy cable co, that will be the end,lol, It will be a different way to watch my shows but I am seriously tired of payin big money for crappy service

This year sucks. If Shane leaves I just don't think I can spend a summer watching these other people. I can't stand Frank,Wil,and Joe and the girls are some of the most boring I have seen in years

So Willie getting booted is considered a "tuff" day for all the little pansy HG and they need pizza for all. Stick to the F'ing rules for once! I could care less what happen in the house, the Have Not's can do the Have Not rules. Why do they get to eat? Do they get to sleep in a real bed tonight too? BB becomes a bigger and bigger joke each day it's on.

So Willie getting booted is considered a "tuff" day for all the little pansy HG and they need pizza for all. Stick to the F'ing rules for once! I could care less what happen in the house, the Have Not's can do the Have Not rules. Why do they get to eat? Do they get to sleep in a real bed tonight too? BB becomes a bigger and bigger joke each day it's on.

I totally agree. If they aren't going to restart this week, then it should just be business a usual.

AMEN!!!

FYI: All those channels are back as of this morning.

ABC is back on after being blocked , and so is the CW, but they are now saying CBS will be blocked along with another channel as of the 25th, if they block CBS like they did the others, I will really be po'd,so all the blocked channels are back, but i was only speaking about the ones that are going to be blocked in my post above

This year sucks. If Shane leaves I just don't think I can spend a summer watching these other people. I can't stand Frank,Wil,and Joe and the girls are some of the most boring I have seen in years

Have to agree - the coaches are hogging all the airtime too as I really couldn't say we'd seen anything of Kara in the first week. Shane seems normal and normal is good but both him and Wil are a bit to quiet on the gameplay aspect while I can't get beyond Joe's voice (I wasn't too horrified at the news of Willie headbutting him - and he hadn't even had to endure Joe's DRs) and Frank being Boogies bitch. I don't mind both Britney and Dan but with Janelle and Boogie I just feel they need to grow up and move on and have thier midlife crisis somewhere other than the BB house. He may have won All Stars but Boogie was nothing without Will and he's even more deluded than I thought if he thinks he's the brains behind Chill town.