For years our Canadian members have been complaining that there's no Big Brother made in Canada, well stop complaining! Here comes Big Brother Canada!

And now for Big Brother Canada details! According to Shaw Media’s Advertising site casting for Big Brother Canada is expected to start this July and last until January of 2013. That gives you 7 months to perfect the perfect casting tape and make sure you make it into the Big Brother house!

On Air Promotion for Casting – July 12

Online Casting Submissions – August 10

Cross country starts tour September 24

House construction will start in September in Toronto and will contain and indoor/outdoor set

Show will begin Feb 18 for 10 weeks with 3 one hour episodes per week

Shows will include 2 pre-taped episodes and 1 live eviction episode

All of the format changes in the US version will appear in the Canadian version including Head of Household, Veto, Luxury Competitions etc;. There will also be a jury that will decide the winner of Big Brother and will be sequestered in a separate location.

On Shaw in BC it's 41 ... had to find it myself for Real Housewives of Vancouver! February seems such a long way away. Good luck to those will be attempting to get on the show!

I just noticed the date when it will air in Feb and the house will be in Toronto wont be to many guys and gals running around with hardly anything on...haha be way to cold

• 2 weeks later...

stupid timing to have it in Feb! That is the coldest month in Toronto, I can't imagine how they are going to work outdoor contests in subzero temperatures. They should have done it in the summer here, maybe May /June since the US one starts in July.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt it Yawnie than again, I mean I'm canadian and I've watched a few seasons of Big Brother US, started watching it with my cousin when she lived with me, sort of gets addictive but I don't think I could/ or would want to be on the show. Would be sort of neat though.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice idea to have a Canadian version, but will the producers be able to find as many sociopathic scumbags as they do in the US?

Hey! What are you saying, the US is full of sociopathic scumbags? You're either watching too much of our reality shows or C-Span.

:P -Morty

• 2 weeks later...

February will be an interesting start! Parkas and snow boots for a visit to the backyard. Perhaps BBCan will just have a basement. Anyone have any idea where the house is going to be? If it is Toronto proper the Downsview industrial area would be my bet. Has a host been announced?

All I know is that there better be Timmy Ho's, Molson, Moose Blood and Maple Cookies. Also, if the NFL strike lasts long enough they can bring them into the BY for a game of hockey as a challenge!

ZuZu as my Friend ..we have allways helped out each other .. So Please allow me a turn .... It's the NHL on strike .. Yikes .. Look forward to BB Canada ... I'll either see ya or be there reporting LFU's with ya .. Till Then ado till Next time

• 2 weeks later...

Probably won't know any of that until it starts or close to starting. I am sure one of us will let you guys know where you can watch it from and if their is live feeds. I think it's only fair that you guys can watch it since us Canadians watch your version...lol

• 3 months later...
Guest 6Borders

Well, I see from the house construction that the pool is inside and I'm sure it and the house will be heated. Doubt hey will go in for any of the "have-not cold showers crud" Grodner loves so much and you will get your fill of bikinis and skimpy suits.

I would imagine the outdoor area would be for doing what one does in the winter in Toronto (ice skating, curling, etc) which will make much more entertainment than a bunch of people lying in the sun doing nothing (just my opinion).

The best thing is it will (hopefully) be all people we have never seen before and regular people, not celebs!

• 4 weeks later...