Private Messages

I keep receiving unwanted PM's, what do I do?

If you receive PM's from a source you do not want to receive them from, simply delete them unopened. Then add a person to your blocked list.

If you receive harrassing or tacky solicitation PM's you can delete them and/or copy them and send them to a MOD as a complaint that can be reviewed.

The PM service associated with this site is a priviledge and we encourage people not to abuse it.

There is no obligation to respond to any PM's except those requesting action by a Moderator or the Site Administrator ...

Hope This Helps!

• 1 month later...
Guest ranster627

Don't forget to empty your PM boxes to receive new ones ... did you know you can now e-mail yourself the contents of your PM box and then clean it out!

Enjoy!

Ranster....I've been picking away deleting my PM's.

Saw this and attempted to figure out how to e-mail myself the rest to fool with later.

:huh: Are there a couple of steps you could tell us to follow to do this ?

I'm afraid I'll delete everthing in one 'click' :blink:

(sorry I'm such a pain)

At the top right of the screen click - My Controls

Under Messenger - Click the Archive Messages and you will get this screen.

PMarchive.jpg

The only ones you should have to change are:

Archive which folder - select: All

Delete messages after archiving - select: Yes

I chose MS excel beacuse I have it on my computer.

When you are done, click the Process button.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
i have a question for anyone in a position of authority here at mortys...........is it allowed in pm's to degrade the person you are sending the message to? isn't there a rule somewhere stating that courtesy and all that jazz should be used in dealing with other members? a little birdie told me that being rude and vulgar and purposefully hurtful can get you removed from mortys. and another little birdie, or could have been the same one, told me about a few hateful and demeaning pm's that were sent to members. i know they were reported.....why are the parties responsible for writing them still active members????

i have a question for anyone in a position of authority here at mortys...........is it allowed in pm's to degrade the person you are sending the message to?

Of, course not.

(I had written more but deleted it, deleted too much.)

I know about the PMs, it takes longer to look into them, but I am, and warnings and possibly bans will be applied.

Archived