Is BB fixed/manipulated?

SovFan10

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else here been around in the 60's? Game shows are fixed always have been and always will be because ratings are the only thing the producers are interested in........does anyone really think BB or any other show would leave a group of, well Kalias & whoever that guy is she's with.........I cannot even remember his name because he is such a dud.

REALLY? Is it good to leave any of us out there by leaving these people on there own with empty airspace? IMO they better get in there NOW because between Dani's low whispering & Kalia boring me to death which I always have to FF on BBAD, I'm close to leaving.

I do remember reading that in the early days of television (early 60's) the game show "$64,000 Question" was found to be supplying one of their contestants the answers to questions in order to create a buzz about the show. Basically, the premise was that questions were asked of contestants and as they advanced the questions became increasingly harder. One contestant made it all the way to the top but later admitted that he was given "assistance" by the producers (sound familiar).

There were investigations launched into the accusations. Afterwards, game shows were almost non-exsistant until the late 60's. Even today, you may notice at the end of game shows as the credits are scrolling along, there is this announcement "portions of this broadcast have been edited but did not effect the outcome of the show".

"If" BB is a game show then they should not be allowed to help anyone have an advantage over another player (this is the very definition of CHEATING).

"If" BB is for entertainment purposes only then I think it is okay for CBS to do anything they like to make it entertaining. However, don't try and convience us that it is fair and that the best competitor wins the $500,000. Another poster from overseas stated in their version of BB there is assistance freely given in the DR BUT THE AUDIENCE IS ALLOWED TO SEE WHAT IS BEING SAID. Of course, CBS will not do this because they WANT us to believe that it is fair.

I do remember reading that in the early days of television (early 60's) the game show "$64,000 Question" was found to be supplying one of their contestants the answers to questions in order to create a buzz about the show. Basically, the premise was that questions were asked of contestants and as they advanced the questions became increasingly harder. One contestant made it all the way to the top but later admitted that he was given "assistance" by the producers (sound familiar).

There were investigations launched into the accusations. Afterwards, game shows were almost non-exsistant until the late 60's. Even today, you may notice at the end of game shows as the credits are scrolling along, there is this announcement "portions of this broadcast have been edited but did not effect the outcome of the show".

"If" BB is a game show then they should not be allowed to help anyone have an advantage over another player (this is the very definition of CHEATING).

"If" BB is for entertainment purposes only then I think it is okay for CBS to do anything they like to make it entertaining. However, don't try and convience us that it is fair and that the best competitor wins the $500,000. Another poster from overseas stated in their version of BB there is assistance freely given in the DR BUT THE AUDIENCE IS ALLOWED TO SEE WHAT IS BEING SAID. Of course, CBS will not do this because they WANT us to believe that it is fair.

-starts 1980's style slow clapping-

this is much better than I could post

-Kyo

BB13 is the second most manipulated season of the show where TPTB make up twists to advance certain players for the sake of ratings. It bothers me because I rarely root for the favorites, I like to see the HG win or lose fair and square (silly me).

I started reading message boards during BB3 and Roddy (remember him?) was the favorite with a lot of disparaging remarks being directed towards Danielle for trying to get rid of him. Many of us now consider Danielle Reyes to be the best player in her season. But if we had the same current level of behind the scenes manipulation going on, she would have gone down in flames and Lisa would have been, at best, number two.

I've come to accept that BB has moved far away from the original concept and is more a show about personalities than the "game". I just can't bring myself to drink the Kool Aid and root for pre-ordained winners.

I'll continue to watch to see to what length they will go to advance the script. I just hope next year brings us a whole new cast with no one returning from a previous season.

I think that BB gets away with not being an actual "game" because they refer to the HGs as the cast and they get a weekly paycheck for being on the show. So they probably don't have the same rules as a regular game show.

Exactly. The Fairy Grodmother will always be a champion for justice! :obiwankenobi:

Slim has a point about how we must be OK with it if we are still watching/posting! :animated_bouncy:

This fix went way beyand manipulation. This was flat out cheating for a single player. I have to wonder, did any player that won BB win on their own or at least prdominately on their own. I know Jordo's firct win was fixed and Dicks win was fixed. Did anybody win fair and square?

From now on, players will be afraid to go after the main players for fear of being kicked out of the game. If it would not have been the live show, and BB production had time, would they have allowed Kalia to send Jeff home? I really doubt it now. Since it was the live show, they didn't have time to stop her or Rachel would be in the JH now.

After this week I'm just looking at it as entertainment. I no longer consider it a real game or competition.

Yeah, I had to resort to this theory many years ago, otherwise it will just drive me crazy. The live feeds are more of a lesson in human behavior than anything else. The show however is a whole different ball game. Too many cooks in the kitchen on the side of production and manipulation.

I prefer to see the manipulation come from inside the house without coaching from production. smilielol.gif

I don't have a favorite, least, one way or the other, and at any given time they all annoy me, but how they choose to play is a choice inside of the house. Once people's lives are threatened, maybe someone should be stepping away from the hamster feeds and take a walk out in the real world. That's some scary stuff.

Big Brother is a reality show with prizes........it's all about "watching ppl in a bubble", it's not about strategy or planning or being the best "player" because it's not a real game. Production intervenes to make things interesting and entertaining, just as they do in ALL reality shows. They don't CONTROL everything but they obviously direct things.

As far as the threats, I doubt it has anything to do with Jeff's editing. There are crazies on all the boards who either have nothing else going on in their own lives or need to take their anger out on someone and they focus on a HG that they can hate. Then, there are the really insane, who IMO should be investigated and arrested if they really are making threats against someone on a reality TV show for ANY reason.

Personal responsibility.......applies to HGs, posters and everyone else. Can't blame "production".

Sorry to start a new topic similar to one already going, but this is ridiculous. They got it to just two vets left in the game, so they change the rules for the veto? Yes, Porsche didn't have to open the box, but everybody does, and they knew she would. Then as I understand it, they have a veto that was similar to a comp that Rachel had already won? If you think this is a coincidence you need to pull your head out of the sand. It was over with, it was done one of Rachel/Jordan was going to lose and the other one was going to be gone as soon as they failed to win a comp. You combine that with Brendon getting to come back in the house even though every online poll showed him no higher than 3rd. Also knowing that whoever was evicted could come back in the house was part of the reason Lawon stupidly volunteeered(sp) to be evicted. In short the newbies/Dani have won 5 of the last 6 HOH's, all 5 times one of the 4 of Brendon/Rachel/Jeff/Jordan has been targeted and yet 2 of them are still going to be there. I've watched this show since 2000 (BB1) and I never bought into the business that the producers try to alter the outcome. This isn't even a game anymore.

I would have felt a lot better about PB if it was mentioned on the live show. But they didn't, so you have to think it was put there to turn the game back into R/J favor. It really sucks that BB can't stand having Jordo get booted from the house.

I would have felt a lot better about PB if it was mentioned on the live show. But they didn't, so you have to think it was put there to turn the game back into R/J favor. It really sucks that BB can't stand having Jordo get booted from the house.

yeah...timing was incredible wasn't it?

-Kyo

Jordo would have gone to the JH this week, being Rachel won the POV, Jordo should have been gone! At least they could have had a quiz and asked Jordo to spell her name or something like that.. But she would have blew that one also!!!

Well, we all have the most important option of not participating if we don't like the product presented to us. Apparently, we are okay with it. We're still here.

I quit watching last season... I just check out the forum once in awhile!!

Grossner ruined it...

Archived