Is BB fixed/manipulated?

SovFan10

I'm not sure if anyone knew this, but there was a big brother panel probably a few months ago that had old houseguest. Some of them were

Matt, Kristen, Hayden, Lane, Rachel, Brendon, Ragan- BB12

Evel Dick- BB8

Lydia, Chima, Michele- BB11

Basically they are all talking about the use of manipulation by the producers to get the results they want. They talk about how Jeff was handed the coup, de tat whatever, and a bunch of ways the producers manipulate the game.

Just wanted to see what people thought about this.

You can watch it at

http://www.rtvzone.com/ Then at the top go to videos, then other content, then big brother panel. Its a little long lol.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea i'm sure we all knew that too, but it was just weird hearing all of our suspicions confirmed straight from their mouths. Chima even said that the show started to go down hill once Shapiro left and Grodner took over, which i think is true

Anyone else here been around in the 60's? Game shows are fixed always have been and always will be because ratings are the only thing the producers are interested in........does anyone really think BB or any other show would leave a group of, well Kalias & whoever that guy is she's with.........I cannot even remember his name because he is such a dud.

REALLY? Is it good to leave any of us out there by leaving these people on there own with empty airspace? IMO they better get in there NOW because between Dani's low whispering & Kalia boring me to death which I always have to FF on BBAD, I'm close to leaving.

Anyone else here been around in the 60's? Game shows are fixed always have been and always will be because ratings are the only thing the producers are interested in........does anyone really think BB or any other show would leave a group of, well Kalias & whoever that guy is she's with.........I cannot even remember his name because he is such a dud.

REALLY? Is it good to leave any of us out there by leaving these people on there own with empty airspace? IMO they better get in there NOW because between Dani's low whispering & Kalia boring me to death which I always have to FF on BBAD, I'm close to leaving.

I agree that they've always been fixed. But i feel like after season 6 or 7, the manipulation just became obvious and just got worse. The entire game has changed imo. When i first watched the show (season 5), i thought the twin twist was so cool. Then the season before had the ex's twist. Now it seems like all they want to do is bring everyone back from past years as the big surprise. Yay! (sarcasm) And it is clear who they want to win or get further now. I remember back in season 6 where they had to try to find that secret room in the house. I just miss fun stuff like that instead of things now. Plus, it seems that they are busy recruiting players rather than picking real fans of the show. And what's the point of bringing new people if you're just gunna bring back old people so they have ANOTHER chance to win? Not to mention the fact that they had to play in pairs, and the newbies didn't know or trusted anyone. While the vets came in already knowing each other and how to play the game. They may as well just did an all stars season or gave the money over to them.

idk, maybe I'm just missing the cool twists or the way the game used to be played. I don't know how much more seasons I'll stick around though

I agree! i hope they do something to make this season more interesting-and fast!

Honestly .. I think the game is a bit heavily influenced. It can't be out right rigged due to the law -- ie: there is only so much they can manipulate, at the end of the day the house guests do have free will. That being said the game is starting to just -feel- old. After 13 seasons of the show, with all the house guests knowing the types of competitions, the rules of the game, and how to play so intimately now it has begun to feel stale. They really need to twist up the game and massively change a lot of the rules around to make things interesting. While it's true casting doesn't cast a lot of "real" people, these days even some of the wanna be actresses, models, etc ARE fans of the show. Maybe I'm just getting too old to really enjoy the show as much as I did when I was younger. I feel sort of jaded, but I began watching this show when I was 19 years old, and I'm 30 now (I remember watching BB when the whole 9/11 fiasco was going on and wondering when they were gonna tell the houseguests, and even how you could tell the house guests something that horrific happened while they were locked in a house). So many seasons of BB ..

I adore the drama, but the drama wears me out to some degree too, each year it seems to happen earlier and earlier in the season for me.

I don't really feel tired of BB, only of the boring players this year and last. BB11 was excellent because they had the most aggressive, interesting people that year. There were other years that were very interesting as well because there were HG who wanted to win badly. I think they need to start picking HG that are really crazy ambitious to win. The past HG that really wanted to win and went for it made watching BB a pleasure.

You know BB is rigged when Porshe "suddenly" realizes that it was Kalia and Shelly that voted for her to stay and tells Rachel what she's figured out. (Come on BB... I know she's easily fed information but, this time it's a little obvious.) :animated_wave:

Just the types and timing of competitions show manipulation. There are just certain types of competition that favor the men or favor the women. Hanging on banana is a good example. Although last HoH Jeff and Brenden gave it to Jordan.

Just the types and timing of competitions show manipulation. There are just certain types of competition that favor the men or favor the women. Hanging on banana is a good example. Although last HoH Jeff and Brenden gave it to Jordan.

Slight, mild correction. They didn't even try for themselves because Jordon already had it. Who knows if Jeff or Brenden could have beaten her, they didn't even try to. That being said had they tried to shoot legitimately they could of beaten her, we'll simply never know. She made a good shot, lets not discount it by assuming she wouldn't of won without their help.

Big mistake combining newbies and oldies this time. Not exciting to me so far. The oldies are ruling the house and will as long as newbies don't step it up. I like when all the people are new and then you don't have anyone relying on someone who has played the game. And..as was said above the newbies had to team up with someone they had no idea about, and yet the oldies came in with their partner already having played the game. Not fair, and certainly not working I'd say. Sure, I can believe they are coached, several times it becomes apparent, that's what reality shows are all about. Would be nice to let them go on their own but maybe pick better people, then again probably wouldn't make for a good show.

Lets face it, we are the viewers who put up with this. I for am not into this season, but yes, I'm still watching.

Look at the bright side, as least they didn't bring back pinhead!! (Jesse)

If BB is steering the game this year they are doing a piss poor job of it! I have to agree with the masses, this is the most BORING season!! I wish they would leave the vets for the allstar shows only!!!

:disappointed: Im glad im no the only one that is sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop...lol they are a very boring group... just in general , there personalities... just arent getting to shine...They all act like since the returning members are automatically better than they are?!?! Why....they all need to step up dramatically.

And Brenchel.... is about and I hate to say this...this most interesting.. I love their fights... they are so insane... lol :animated_rotfl: They make me want to strangle them. Everyone else...even Jeff and Jordan are boring...

Ok Im better... :lipsrsealed2: I will keep watching though..... gulity pleasure.... they need to throw Enzo in there to liven them up... or Russell, he was just a bundle of fun... lol

And to add yes i feel they pull them in the DR and just play on all their weaknesses to get anything to happen....anything... lol

Lisa

this is my neck of the woods

the questionable rigging/manipulation really started after bb6

if i am not mistaken that is when allison grodner took over

bb6 started the trend of hg being insanely popular aka finger banging era lol.......

this is one reason why for me bb2-5 will always be the golden era of bb for me

all in all the questionable rigging /manipulation by allison grodner is her cheap but effective way of boasting ratings and giving "some" fans what they want

coup de charity for jeff surely did boast the ratings

one questionable event i never understood why it happen was the screwing of sharon in bb9 with the guinea pig question

i dont think bb is fixed thou since if that was the case hg liked jeff, crazy james , jessie etc.. would have won the game their season

bb being fixed would mean a predetermine winner and that person would win the game

no matter how much help a certain producers darling may get help, if they are bad players it wont matter much :animated_bouncy:

Good post UVP.

Sharon getting robbed on the guinea pigs was soooooo wrong.

Some of the manipulation of outcomes has worked in the favor of the fans so for ratings I understand that.

Time right now for production to do something to liven up this group.... and fast. I am getting bored week 2. :disappointed:

i dont think bb is fixed thou since if that was the case hg liked jeff, crazy james , jessie etc.. would have won the game their season

bb being fixed would mean a predetermine winner and that person would win the game

no matter how much help a certain producers darling may get help, if they are bad players it wont matter much

yeah .. Kaysar says hi.

Like I said I think production has a heavy hand in trying to influence an outcome, but at the end of the day the house guests still have free will.

Archived