Returning Players

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Like or Hate BB bringing back old house guest to play the game?

• Yes
    • No

I think the only way former players should return are in an all-star season. That way they are all on equal ground. Mixing old and new players in a season gives unfair advantage to former players.

Whew! At least we know Chelsia is NOT in the house...she's on the Superpass Tech Q&A Daily right now.

:grin2:

I don't like it when old HG's are back, I love watching fourteen new people having the BB experience. I'm SOOOOOO glad I didn't send in an application like I had intended. If I had got on I would have been so pissed to be in the house with old HG's. With Rachel's laugh, Danielle's whine and Brandon's "I'm sorrys" I probably would have hit the exit button 1st week.

I thought the latest rumor (not confirmed by CBS, or anyone credible) is that

there are 4 returning duos, Dan and Memphis being the 4th, and that during the

1st competition, Jordan and Dani were eliminated from the house/season. Duos are

split up. Rachel is Hoh.

After I made my post up above, I too read the same rumor as you, imin. I'm up to date now ;)

the returning players have such a built-in fan base they probably will win every america choice

i would be surprised if jeff doesn't win another 25k just because...... :animated_bouncy:

Agreed although I could see him losing some likability (is that a word?) if Jordan isn't there.. I see them as a team instead of individuals

I think the only way former players should return are in an all-star season. That way they are all on equal ground. Mixing old and new players in a season gives unfair advantage to former players.

Agree. Plus alot of these houseguest have watched from season 1 which means they are fans and therefore are more likely to try and team up with there "favorites" as well instead of playing the way they should or would if those other houseguest weren't there.

It's rumored (not confirmed by CBS) that these are the three duo's who are coming back:

Rachel and Brendon

Evil Dick and Dani

Jeff and Jordan.

Brendan tweeted on July 2, I guess he is starting a new job and Rachel and he just moved to North Carolina.

Dick has also been on twitter recently. So not sure if these would be in it. I think CBS just used them to get the rumor mill going and get people talking and arguing over them as to build up to the show opening on Thursday.

I'll be watching ..but I like it much better when we're all on an equal playing field .. they don't know each other and we don't know them..

I am a die hard BB fan and hanging out with the Crew @ Morty's make it that much sweeter . Can't wait to find out what the twist is and thennthe real fun begins so let them have their favorites cause my favorites are here @ Morty's gossip.gifciao.gif

I couldn't agree more! Love my Morty's Fam!!! :party_smilie:

Welcome Lisa!!

I did not like the idea of returning HGs, but after awhile, I'm kind of liking this twist. (At least, my interpretation of it.) Come Thursday, after the twist is revealed and we have a full understanding of this season, everyone may change their minds!

But regardless, I will be watching.

Regardless of what they do I'll be watching too...and hangin with my Morty's Fam...lookin forward to "seeing" you as well! :party_smilie:

I voted no... couple reasons...

I don't like that former HGs get to know each other and can make plans alliances prior to returning to the house. If former HGs are coming back, I feel the entire house should be made up of former HGs.

Also, it does change the concept of the game. I'd rather see a fresh set of HGs who are all experiencing it for the first time. It reminds me of a great collection of books by Gary Paulsen ("Hatchet" and "The River", there are two others, but they don't count for this discussion). In "Hatchet", a boy is left to survive in the woods with only a hatchet. The story describes the trials of his attempts to survive and return to civilization. In the sequel, "The River", the government request he go back into the woods with agents to show exactly how he was able to survive. As he goes thru the motions of discovering fire, learning to hunt, etc, he feels as if he is just going thru the motions this time. It's different, because he knows what to do, where as the first time he was experiencing everything as it happened. I feel this is a great analogy of what it is like for HGs who return to the house for a second season. I've seen it happen on Allstar seasons of BB and Survivor. The players know what to expect, even down to the expectation of twists. And as viewers, it doesn't even feel like the same experience for us watching them.

So, no, I'd rather see a full house of new players...

It's rumored (not confirmed by CBS) that these are the three duo's who are

coming back:

Rachel and Brendon

Evil Dick and Dani

Jeff

and Jordan.

Rosebudmom wrote:Brendan tweeted on July 2, I guess he is starting a new job and

Rachel and he just moved to North Carolina.

Dick has also been on twitter

recently. So not sure if these would be in it. I think CBS just used them to

get the rumor mill going and get people talking and arguing over them as to

build up to the show opening on

Thursday.

Well, I guess we all will find out tomorrow night which is rumor and which is fact!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the show, now! :hurray:

laladoopiedu wrote:

I did not like the idea of returning HGs, but after

awhile, I'm kind of liking this twist. (At least, my interpretation of it.)

Come Thursday, after the twist is revealed and we have a full understanding of

this season, everyone may change their minds!

I feel the same way!

If they have everyone in the house paired up, then it will be ok, but the "info" that Rachel is HOH and Jordan and Dani are out bites. I guess we will all just have to wait and find out tonight--FINALLY--So glad it's finally starting. Looking forward to chatting with everyone again.

I am to the point that I am done listening to Rumors, hopefully all that is out there is just that a Rumor. I don't like the fact that they are saying 2 people have already been evicted etc. I read on another site that it was Jeff and Evil Dick that were evicted. I don't really like the returning house guest twist but since it is the twist I would like to see them put the returning players in the house with the 8 confirmed and let them fight it out. I don't want to see the players paired up with new and old. There is no way that Rachel and Brendon Jeff and Jordon and Dick and Danielle won't be playing together. You could pair them up all you want and it won't matter. Many people think its not fair to the new people but right now they have then numbers if they all could manage to stick together. One good thing I beleive, is that we will not be watching a bunch of boring people ie last year. It was painful at times and I actually thought sometimes that watching paint dry was more exciting than the houseguests of big brother 12. This time I think people will not be throwing competitions and will be actually playing the game.

If they have everyone in the house paired up, then it will be ok...

in the end, I don't think it matters who they are paired up with... if you recall, Dick/Daniele's season, Daniele told everyone in the house she didn't care about her dad being there, said to not think of them as a team. But in the end, she admitted that sure family comes first. Even if they aren't paired up and there is incentive to be in an alliance with another HG, when it comes down to the vote, if Daniele has to choose between voting Dick out and some other random HG, who will she vote for? Same goes for Jeff/Jordan and Rachel/Brendon... you know they will always do what they can to keep their 'friend outside the house' in the game... (I know I would!)

In the past, I've never really minded that much when former HGs return to play. But this year I was kind of hoping that it would just be the all new cast, so that we could have some fresh meat, so to speak.

But, it's always interesting to see how the new HGs interact with the former players and what kind of drama ensues as a result, so I'm sure there will be some nice little developments in that respect.

I'm torn. I would like to see all new ppl, but it will be nice to have 1/2 as many names/voices to recognize. As long as BB mixes it up and forces the couples apart for comps, I'll be ok. If it's all old versus new, that'll get old quick.

Archived