BB13 Readiness

I cannot speak for all but I suspect many of us spending time on Morty's(even before the show begins) may be a tad bit fanatical about the BB experience. So what do you do to get ready AND ensure ability to focus on BB thru the Season.

So, what's your plan?

Rearrange you work schedule to accomodate eviction night,late night chat and/or marathon HOH/POV competitions.

Send the kids off to camp for the summer?

Cut something out of your budget so you can pay for live feeds or order Showtime?

Stock up on delivery menus?

My Summer plan:

In addition to re-ordering the live feeds thru Morty's, I also plan to put hubby and I on Nutrisystems in July (not just for the weightloss but so I don't have to plan dinners for him - gotta love that pre-cooked meal plan).

One thing I planned poorly was the 2 week cruise of a lifetime (in August). Drats to me for not realizing (last February) that it was going to cut into 2 prime weeks of the show. I am already thinking ahead on how I will be able to get in my Prediction challenge votes for those weeks and the show has not even started).

I start getting ready once survivor and amazing race ends so I start counting down from there. I love cruising just got back from my last Cruuse in March. I have TiVo but I did sneak back to my cabin and watched survivor. I got a hard time from my friends for doing it.

I have already set up my DVR to tape and made sure that everyone knows not to call during the show. I have also set up Showtime to tape every night. I try and stay up to watch it, but never make it past the 1st hour. Still not sure if I am getting the live feeds yet. I have had them the last few years, but always seems that nothing happens until late at night anymore and the sleep alot during the day.

Guest 6Borders

Haven't even thought about it yet - lol!! I guess I have to wait and see who the HG's are and what the format is. I always have the crock pot for back up..hehehehe!!!

nothing out of the ordinary

i bought the live feeds and that is pretty much it

love bb but i dont really go overboard with excessive planning for it

i am a simple guy :animated_bouncy:

Set the DVR. That's about it. No feeds for me since the summer I spent watching Natalie eat boogers.

Eeeeeeewwwwwwwww, so glad I missed that! I didn't even know about it - yuk! :animated_shocking:

I'm sooooo glad to be back here among all of you BB lovers! It has been a long Winter. To prepare for this season of Big Brother 13 I separated from my husband, bought a condo and got a new laptop and a 20 foot HDMI cable so I can watch live feeds on my TV and control my laptop from my bed or anywhere else in the house! I also set my DVR to record BB After Dark and BB episodes, just in case I miss any by working late or if I have to travel. Oh oh oh! And I'm going to get the live feeds for my new Android phone. I think I'm pretty much covered for this season, what do you think? Did I forget anything?

And just like last year, I plan on working from home on Thursdays so that I can watch the East Coast edition with all of you here and in the chat room. Can't wait!

I'm sooooo glad to be back here among all of you BB lovers! It has been a long Winter. To prepare for this season of Big Brother 13 I separated from my husband, bought a condo and got a new laptop and a 20 foot HDMI cable so I can watch live feeds on my TV and control my laptop from my bed or anywhere else in the house! I also set my DVR to record BB After Dark and BB episodes, just in case I miss any by working late or if I have to travel. Oh oh oh! And I'm going to get the live feeds for my new Android phone. I think I'm pretty much covered for this season, what do you think? Did I forget anything?

And just like last year, I plan on working from home on Thursdays so that I can watch the East Coast edition with all of you here and in the chat room. Can't wait!

I think the only thing you may have forgotten was a cabinet full of popcorn and/or cookies. :cookie:

YAY Wheeliegirl! I love your new avatar!

I think you just about covered everything! The chat room on the first night is going to be so busy that everyone will have trouble keeping up with conversation and the show, but it's fun!

well, not picking up thurs nites for sure, cleaned my laptop up, blew the dust out, have it set up where I can type kicked back ,propped up with my snacks and remote,lol, I have never had a lap top in prior seasons, so this is going to be much more fun, then sitting at my desk as in seasons past, my back will thank me,lol, going to call today for showtime, not decided yet about the feeds, had the feeds only once, BB 5, it was fun, but want to see and get a feel for the cast.:food-smiley-005:

Hi fatcat! animated_wave.gif Great to see you!

I've been preparing for BB by cleaning up my computer...doing a thorough purge of all unnecessary junk. Over the past month I've been making meals in the slow cooker and freezing them so preparing something for dinner will be a snap. I couldn't live without my slow cooker!

I've had to do my spring cleaning at a slower pace this year but I'm almost finished with that too. All I have left is washing the bedroom drapes and pillows. The house smells so fresh and clean. biggrin.gif

I also bought a new headset which I really love. It will make things much easier when I'm doing LFU. The new monitor is going to be a great asset too. I got a 24" for my birthday and I'll be able to have several items open at the same time on the desktop. animated_bouncy.gif

Got the feeds through Morty's. Joined the Live Feeds through Facebook so I can watch the feeds from any computer I am on. (even at work) tee hee

Have not set my DVR yet. Do they still have AfterDark? I DVR'd it last year but only watched it a few times.

Any season will be better then last year. I am looking forward to the twist.

Have not set my DVR yet. Do they still have AfterDark? I DVR'd it last year but only watched it a few times.

Yep, SHO2 with be doing the AfterDark again. I was able to schedule the whole series on my DVR. Not sure why I need it, will be watching it live of course.

Those of you without live feeds can help with posting Nite Owl reports in the live feed forum if you have Showtime.

I went out a bought a brand new computer this winter with a dual 20" monitor setup so I can watch and type at the same time. I've been setting up for the streaming of the show for a month or so now so it should be wonderful quality this year. I also have the computer set up so I can watch the show on it. :D Let's go BB. I'm ready.

now that i think of it, i am going to have to start preparing to go bed much later

i lived on the east coast

i normally go to bed pre midnight est

the majority of good feed actions happens after that time

so i am going to have to changed my sleep schedule around to go to bed at 2-3 am est :animated_bouncy:

Yep, SHO2 with be doing the AfterDark again. I was able to schedule the whole series on my DVR. Not sure why I need it, will be watching it live of course.

Those of you without live feeds can help with posting Nite Owl reports in the live feed forum if you have Showtime.

Ack! I have Directv and Afterdark isn't showing on Sho2 for Thursday night! When is it supposed to start?

Ack! I have Directv and Afterdark isn't showing on Sho2 for Thursday night! When is it supposed to start?

I have Direct TV and mine shows it, however in past seasons it started at 11 for me and it's 12-3 this year. Makes me sad b/c I won't be able to stay up that late.

On my TV Guide schedules, the Thursday midnight stuff is listed as Friday 12AM

I'm all set! The only thing that is making me sad is that I'm on vacation this week and I'll be in Chicago (Monday - Friday). I'm going to a concert on Thursday so I won't be able to see the show live- but I have my dvr set and it will be waiting for me when I get home Friday afternoon. I'll just have to settle for watching the show and then BBAD on Showtime on Friday. Four hours of BB will be kinda amazing.

This will be, I think, my 7th year with the live feeds. Looking forward to having the feeds on most of the day while I'm at work.

My favorite time of year is almost here :)

four days and our bb hurricane will be here

get you canned food ready

make sure your batteries and flashlights works :animated_rotfl::animated_bouncy:

Wish I could think of a way to get a few months off work! My countdown calendar is running at work and I have a Big Brother Watch Party planned for Thursday night.

(DID YOU HEAR THAT TCS? YOU ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND AND BRING BLSNBELLES) :giggle:

I have Direct TV and mine shows it, however in past seasons it started at 11 for me and it's 12-3 this year. Makes me sad b/c I won't be able to stay up that late.

On my TV Guide schedules, the Thursday midnight stuff is listed as Friday 12AM

Well colored me embarrassed! Mine shows from 1-4. Thanks!! :animated_bouncy:

Well I have been lurking reading all the threads of course.. but we have the DVR all set up, ordered the feeds.. saved the Superpass link on my new phone so I can watch the feeds while away from home... hubby is a teacher and we already worked out that I will stay up late to watch Afterdark and hell get up with the kiddos... SO excited!

Archived