Thursday 9/2 TV show

CasperSabe

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get where Kathy is coming from though. She had cancer and could have very easily lost her life. Matt was making his wife's fake disease sound extremely detrimental to her health and Kathy really connected to him on that level. You even heard her after he was evicted, it was bittersweet because she wants Matt to help his wife.

I've had family members with cancer that have died and had someone made up a lie about a fatal illness for their loved ones just to get my vote, I'd have punched them in the face at the jury house. :disgust:

in my mind Matt's lie has nothing to do with religion , it has to do with Karma, and putting something out there that could perhaps cause bad karma or an illness to befall one of your loved ones, I believe in Karma, and I try to fill my Karma bank with the good stuff regularly, it really is not the same as the back stabbing and bs that they lie about in the house, it is sooo much more than that, its like the boy that cried "Wolf" I cannot stand Matt whether he said what he did about his wife, I could not stand him at all before I realized that lie, he was a smug, self-important, pompass ass acting person who really touted his so called genius smarts, he's the best BB player ever and it could not have been futher from the truth. He was and is not any of the things that he believes he is in his own mind, disgusting human being in my book

For the most part, I liked Matt because for me there just wasn't anyone else in that house that I could really get behind. But in the end, he was a bigger disappointment than anyone else. When he sat on the block next to Lane and his alliance planned to evict him instead of Lane, who had done nothing in the game, he should have decided then and there that it was time to make a move and put up Enzo. And then continued to play as if the other stooges would back him up. It was just stupid and he sent himself out of the game by his dumb loyalty to them.

For the most part, I liked Matt because for me there just wasn't anyone else in that house that I could really get behind. But in the end, he was a bigger disappointment than anyone else. When he sat on the block next to Lane and his alliance planned to evict him instead of Lane, who had done nothing in the game, he should have decided then and there that it was time to make a move and put up Enzo. And then continued to play as if the other stooges would back him up. It was just stupid and he sent himself out of the game by his dumb loyalty to them.

I agree. That was the reason he lost me.

I guess I would have to see statistics from the Melorheostorsis Society that they have had an increase in donations and specifically mentioning they are donating because they became aware of this through Matt's lie. Sadly, most people do not rush to their desk and write a check...they get fired up and they talk about doing it, they mention they should, they think about it, but they just don't get around to it. Example: We are now all aware, however,how many people on the forum, whether you defend, condone, support or don't care about Matt's lie, wrote a check for this disease?

We donate every year to ACS...have been for over 20 years. It's just happens to be one of our charities. Unfortunately, we just can't donate to every charity and I would not be adding one just because I heard about it on Big Brother.

I personally hope they get a ton of donations, but I see this as just having done more harm than good, especially for Matt personally and his family. It was a stupid thing to do because there are nuts out there and I think he jeopardized his and his families safety.

When Matt gets home he not only needs to donate but he needs to make this a personal cause to actually raise money for research.

Regardless of whether any other HG will try or not try something similar, I think BB is going to look into caps on their rules and regs.

hehehe good point... and most of us here are more likely to donate to Morty's tv than the "Melorheostorsis Society"

I get where Kathy is coming from though. She had cancer and could have very easily lost her life. Matt was making his wife's fake disease sound extremely detrimental to her health and Kathy really connected to him on that level. You even heard her after he was evicted, it was bittersweet because she wants Matt to help his wife.

I've had family members with cancer that have died and had someone made up a lie about a fatal illness for their loved ones just to get my vote, I'd have punched them in the face at the jury house. :disgust:

Kathy can't be to worried about the cancer considering all she wants to do is have a smoke.

he said he was going to donate some of the winnings to charity multiple times in his DR, so no that isn't a lie. They ALL lie. Lying about your profession is as equally unnecessary yet that is ok? This is BB, he owes those people nothing, he is trying to win the game. I wouldn't have done it as it actually hurt him because no one wanted to be in the final 2 against him because they thought they would lose to him due to his sick wife, so it backfired. As someone else said, it got blown up by the show and CBS. It doesn't make him a horrible human being, especially when they ALL talk crap about each other, horribly. Kathy was as bad as anyone in talking mad crap behind the back of each houseguest yet she would be buddy buddy to them face to face. They all did that this season, and Ragan (Matt's best bud), has no room to talk considering he lied early about his profession and his constant Rachel/Brendon bashing was also unnecessary.

Saying and doing are two different things, just because Matt said he was going to donate money to that charity doesn't mean he would have.

Saying and doing are two different things, just because Matt said he was going to donate money to that charity doesn't mean he would have.

I don't believe he would have either. I'd never say a family member is sick. I didn't like Matt and I'm glad they yelled at him. I hope ragan actually freaks!

My point was someone probably did. Maybe not a lot of money but raised awareness is not a bad thing.

I agree that raising awareness of the disease is a great thing and I sure hope it did, though that certainly was not Matt's intention or reason for telling that lie so I can't credit him for that.

Please, half the people who watch have already forgotten the name of the disease and 5 minutes after BB is over the other half will do the same

I have no problem with those of you who think the lie was no big deal... you have every right to that opinion.... I think it's slimey and disgusting and think that it makes Matt a disgusting slimeball and I too am allowed to have that opinion and don't think that I should be talked down to like I'm simple for having it

Please, half the people who watch have already forgotten the name of the disease and 5 minutes after BB is over the other half will do the same

I have no problem with those of you who think the lie was no big deal... you have every right to that opinion.... I think it's slimey and disgusting and think that it makes Matt a disgusting slimeball and I too am allowed to have that opinion and don't think that I should be talked down to like I'm simple for having it

:hurray::hurray:

This game is about lying, and there is no lie that's off limits. Just because Kathy took offense to it doesn't mean she won't get over it after the game is over.

Also, Ragan proved once again he's an idiot during his interview with Julie.

Off limits, no, in bad taste... you bet..... and I don't care whether the houseguests took offense or not I found it offensive and so did a lot of other viewers, It's my opinion and I'm allowed to have it, and good for you that you don't care

Off limits, no, in bad taste... you bet..... and I don't care whether the houseguests took offense or not I found it offensive and so did a lot of other viewers, It's my opinion and I'm allowed to have it, and good for you that you don't care

Bad taste is an understatement! It's offensive in so many ways...but then we're talking about a guy who spends most of his time with his hands down his pants...and in my opinion (which I'm allowed) that's offenisve too!

I am sorry; I didn't mean to do that. We are on opposite sides of the spectrum on this, but I am very sure that I am in the minority and that most people are in agreement with you.

I'm with you Pinkie and I also have a problem that some ppl dont care or dont get the disgusting trait in a person that would throw a lie like that into the universe who you never know what the universe will throw back at ya. Wrong, just wrong, and I do not agree that any lie is ok just because it is BB, well yeah you can lie all you want, but the kind of Lie Matt put out there shows what a selfish unkind thoughtless human being he is. And as far as Kathy just wantin to smoke, whatever, that may be true, but she damn sure got it right when she jumped him out on that lie, he took her in on a serious matter and she sure has a right to be hurt and pissed. I hope Ragen has a bad reaction to the lie and if he doesn't then he is as disgusting as I have thought he is all thru this game, if I woulda had to listen to him drone on and on another minute, I woulda lost it, well really I didn't cause I have watched very little of this season, what's left of it anyway. Horrible dissapointment and a real group of nasty ppl, no personalities, no humor, just really wrong!!!!

I'm with you Pinkie and I also have a problem that some ppl dont care or dont get the disgusting trait in a person that would throw a lie like that into the universe who you never know what the universe will throw back at ya. Wrong, just wrong, and I do not agree that any lie is ok just because it is BB, well yeah you can lie all you want, but the kind of Lie Matt put out there shows what a selfish unkind thoughtless human being he is. And as far as Kathy just wantin to smoke, whatever, that may be true, but she damn sure got it right when she jumped him out on that lie, he took her in on a serious matter and she sure has a right to be hurt and pissed. I hope Ragen has a bad reaction to the lie and if he doesn't then he is as disgusting as I have thought he is all thru this game, if I woulda had to listen to him drone on and on another minute, I woulda lost it, well really I didn't cause I have watched very little of this season, what's left of it anyway. Horrible dissapointment and a real group of nasty ppl, no personalities, no humor, just really wrong!!!!

That segment with Kathy in jury and her over reaction and loss of control was the best drama yet on this lame season of BB :animated_rotfl:

Archived