Britney - Week 9 - Winner of Americ's Choice

CeCiMom

Ah - that's too bad - I think Britney was looking forward to being there with her things and her dogs...

I'm sure her friends and family will help her cope. She did express, on more than one occasion, her desire to get home and into the new home she and Nick were going to be sharing.

The tragedy of a house fire is mitigated by the fact that only possessions were lost. Brit was never one of my favorite HG's, but I am grateful that neither Nick nor the pups were injured.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is very sad-it would suck to not have a "home" to come back to. I remember on some of the live feeds Britney was telling Nick what color things should be painted or where furniture should go in their new home. From what she's has said on the show and what she has not said, it didn't seem like she was to excited about going back to Nick...saying things like"if I have a fiance" for Lane's benefit, I believe.

here is a quote from the newspaper article

"He hasn't seen her in three months and he's afraid she's going to be mad," Laura Grisham said. "I said 'you don't understand son, you are lucky to be alive, especially after going back in two more times to get the dogs out.'

that's sad that he thinks that way, but I can see why he does

Here is what Nick posted on another site:

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers

09/15/10 05:48 AM

The fire started at around 1:30 am CST and I awoke at around 2 am to the crackling sound (which I thought was hail). I went back to bed for a few minutes and heard a window break. At this time, I knew something was wrong. I walked in the hallway and saw the flames and smoke coming from the bathroom window. I then ran and grabbed my bags that I had packed for today's trip to LA and headed outside. Both dogs were still inside at the time. I found Molly (Brit's dog) first and through her in the front yard. There were several people outside at the time yelling at me to not go back inside. I then went back in to find Porter and at this time, the dark smoke was about head high. After about 3 minutes of searching with a flashlight, I found Porter hid in a corner behind a chair. We all made it out okay fortunately.

After about an hours worth of extinguishing, everything was under control and the damage was done. I was then allowed to go inside to check out the damage. The screened in porch on the back of the house was completely gone, one of the back bedrooms was completely black with fire and smoke damage, and the bathroom and other bedroom were damaged pretty badly as well. The entire attic was on fire as well. With it being an old house, it was not very "fire friendly".

I then spent the next 4 hours with my parents and my best friends getting our belongings that were salvageable out of the house. Most everything was drenched in water. Britney's dad and step-mom also made the 3 hour drive down to help with this tragedy which was very thoughtful. After a final inspection, I'd say that about 50% of our belongings were lost.

I now know that belongings that may have been lost are no where near as important as a life or the life of a pet. Things can be replaced, lives cannot. I was told multiple times that I was very lucky to make it out okay since the fire was so strong and that I was alseep at the time. Also, the smoke detector did not ever go off. Good thing I changed the batteries in that thing a couple weeks back, eh?

I am still planning on flying out to LA today at Noon. I will be low on energy and emotionally drained, but it something I cannot miss. I have the support of Britney's parents and my family to go on and that things will be taken care of when I return. We are blessed to have such supportive friends and famiily.

Please just continue to keep us in your prayers. Things happen for a reason and I know that only good will come out of this mess. I am going to do my best to go enjoy my time in LA and San Diego with my Brit now!

Thanks again all.

Nick

Like Britney or not (and I like her as much as I liked anybody this season) this is a horrible thing to have happen. Glad the pups were saved, but they are right, he is very lucky to have gone back in and not be overcome by the smoke. I hope they go ahead and tell Britney and don't spring it on her at the finale tonight - that would just be cruel. Hope they had good insurance.

Hi guys, I have seen a couple out there rumors this season about the house guest. From Enzo'z mom dying to Nick leaving Brit for another women etc etc...The latest one is about Britney and Nicks home catching on fire early this morning. It seems to be true..Just wanted to know if any of you had heard about it and can direct me to some of the links about it. I am NOT a fan of hers but do not wish that kind of thing on anyone. So hoping that everyone involved is ok and that she doesn't take the news too hard.

Hi guys, I have seen a couple out there rumors this season about the house guest. From Enzo'z mom dying to Nick leaving Brit for another women etc etc...The latest one is about Britney and Nicks home catching on fire early this morning. It seems to be true..Just wanted to know if any of you had heard about it and can direct me to some of the links about it. I am NOT a fan of hers but do not wish that kind of thing on anyone. So hoping that everyone involved is ok and that she doesn't take the news too hard.

Read the thread "Big Brother In The Media" on this site.

Yes, it unfortunately appears to be true. This is a link to a news article about the fire. Her family decided not to tell her until after the show tonight.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2010/sep/15/hillcrest-house-destroyed-morning-fire/?latest

Yes, it unfortunately appears to be true. This is a link to a news article about the fire. Her family decided not to tell her until after the show tonight.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2010/sep/15/hillcrest-house-destroyed-morning-fire/?latest

Production should tell her before the live show. It could accidently slip from someone else before her family has a chance to speak to her. I know I'd want to know. It's a disaster, but Nick and puppies are safe. That's all that counts. Material things can be replaced. Especially now that she'll for sure win AC money. Grodner will see to it.

So Nick will be flying into LA today - good for him. I guess that answers the question, will Britney still be engaged.

Now Lane is definitely out of the picture.

Another thought - can this be staged so that Britney can win the America's vote??? (How do we know this is true, I need to see the property information - LOL)

So I guess we can now post that big photo of eating crow for those that thought Nick was make believe :hahohi: All in good fun and meant to be taken in that manner ;)

eating_crow.jpg

Production should tell her before the live show. It could accidently slip from someone else before her family has a chance to speak to her. I know I'd want to know. It's a disaster, but Nick and puppies are safe. That's all that counts. Material things can be replaced. Especially now that she'll for sure win AC money. Grodner will see to it.

What's important is that no person or animal were killed in the fire. Hopefully they have insurance. Stuff can be replaced but not people or pets. Timing sucks for Britt, sorry it happened at all.

Maybe the "some" people are actually whining about the posters here. I think it's total hypocrisy to keep posting that a HG used the "c" word and yet they thought it was hysterical when Dick threw a drink in someone's face, burned someone and called women and gays worse names. I will add Dick's hysterics were totally unprovoked.

Yeah, Chief you call it "talking down" of Twitney and I just call it, calling her out and maybe I'm watching different feeds then the Twitney fanatics are.

Dick did this, dick did that, blah blah blah,bla blah blah...Seriously, you need to get over dick...

I don't remember if I was here during his show, but if I was I can say that I never once approved of all his actions...Some of his stuff was hysterical and some were not...

Do they know how Brit's house fire started?

The blaze was started by a small grill in the backyard that ignited the grass, spreading to a trash can and then the house, investigators said. Laura Grisham said her son was grilling and that the fire started some time after he finished despite his dousing the coals in water.

Archived