matt_hoffman.jpg

Name: Matt Hoffman

Current Residence: Elgin, Ill.

Vile

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

going to be safe no matter what due to dpov this week :animated_bouncy:

I lived in Streamwood, Ill, Elgin was THE city at the time for shopping and a so called downtown area in the early 70's...many a Friday driving the circle in my late teens whilst girlfriends tried to pick up boys! I was the only one of my friends with a car or drivers license at the time. LOL and had a BF/fiance at the time....

Matt...enjoy being a have not!

Matt can't put Brendon up... he's the HoH. And, whoever wins the PoV this week is safe from Dia PoV too.

i am surprised bb didnt get matt a free pass from being have not since he was outgoing hoh :animated_bouncy:

Matt can't put Brendon up... he's the HoH. And, whoever wins the PoV this week is safe from Dia PoV too.

Matt has the power to name the replacement nominee if he uses the DPoV...right? I forget what all it does...

yes, If Matt uses it he names the replacement nominee.

yes, If Matt uses it he names the replacement nominee.

ok thanks. Is it only good for 2 weeks?

It should be very interesting to see if he would use it...presumably for Ragan. He'd have to name Kathy as replacement...but Brit would still probably get evicted.

IMO the ONLY way he would use the DPOV is to take himself off the block. He won't risk using it on someone else because ultimately he wants to protect himself and saving another hamster off the block would work against him. Once the house found out he had it but didn't tell anybody they would vote him out the next week. The Brigade are not too happy with him right now any way, shape or form, lol

yeah i agree only way he would use it is if he was on block

IMO the ONLY way he would use the DPOV is to take himself off the block. He won't risk using it on someone else because ultimately he wants to protect himself and saving another hamster off the block would work against him. Once the house found out he had it but didn't tell anybody they would vote him out the next week. The Brigade are not too happy with him right now any way, shape or form, lol

yes, but for any reason he has to use it next week he'll make some enemies because he never revealed he won it. His best bet is to avoid using it all together.

ok thanks. Is it only good for 2 weeks?

It should be very interesting to see if he would use it...presumably for Ragan. He'd have to name Kathy as replacement...but Brit would still probably get evicted.

He could only use it tonight or next Thursday... so I guess we'll have to see who is up next week as to whether he will use it or not

Exactly pinkie. He had to use it tonight or he has to use it next Thursday. I don't think he'll have to use it but, if it comes down to Britney/Ragan and he thinks the brigade will get rid of Ragan before Britney... I think he might use it.

Matt will use the Diamond POV and nominate a Brigade member along with the other loner, with the other loner being voted out!! They talked about Matt doing this last week to hide the Brigade alliance.

It really isn't his fault that he didn't tell the Brigade members and I think they should see this, it's only a question of whether or not the Brigade members believe him when he tells them that he (matt) could NOT tell anyone about the DPOV "or risk losing it." Matt might have already cashed in one too many "I swear ons" though.....

Britney and Kathy are most likely going to be Evicted this week. The HGs are starting to see the "wisdom" in Kathy's slug-like game play and quite a few HGs, including Brenda, pointed to Britney as the most underestimated. I really feel like Matt is going to protect Ragan, but could also see Matt just saving himself... that's why I put Ragan at #3 on the list of possibles to get evicted this week.

This should be another juicy week. Lots of different scenarios and we will know more about how this is all going to play out when Brenda makes his nominations!

The Brigade aren't mad at Matt? He put up the noms they wanted. One of them went home. Why do you think they're not happy with him?

I found this passage about Ragan on Matt's HOH blog on cbs's main page and I think it shines some light on his relationship with Ragan, and if he'd really use the DPOV on Ragan or not:

"The side-alliances are a good segue into talking about my personal side-alliance, Ragan. Ragan is definitely one-of-a-kind. Stacy loves gay men, and before I left for the show she told me to be sure to make friends with "the gay guy" in the house. I told her I didn't want to because they typically just hang out with all girls so that is horrible strategy to get involved with. Well, it turns out that (much to the delight of my wife, I'm guessing) "the gay guy" has inadvertently become my absolute closest friend in the house. He's really the only person that I feel any guilt about in regards to the lie about Stacy or even the lies that involve The Brigade. I know that he thinks we'd have each other's backs through to the Final Two, so it's unfortunate that I have to play him the way that I am. I hope that he can watch the show and understand that I'm just being a great game player and that it's nothing personal. But any connection you see between Ragan and myself is entirely genuine, and I can't really say that about anyone else at this point in the game. I'm going to keep him here as long as I can without outing The Brigade because he's a friend that I want to make sure that I have outside of this house for a very long time. We'll see what happens! " - Matt

Archived