Pandora's Box - Diamond Power of Veto

CasperSabe

I don't think Brendon will be able to compete I mean I hope so, but I highly doubt it. With The Coup D Etat it made since sense they were essentially wiping out their entire week. This is just replacing one nominee and putting up another.

Still hoping that Brendon will have a trump power that would be funny however if he does I wouldn't mind him waiting to use it until next week when he is likely to really need it.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. How much more can Matt hint around about this DPOV without getting the power revoked?

I don't think so. That would make the HOH competition and position of HOH a complete joke. Brendon should get something for winning HOH.

But isn't that the idea of the D-POV.....to offset any other power in existence for one week? Just like in BB11 when Jeff used his Coup D Etat which offset the HOH's power for that one week! Having a "Sr. Moment", I can't remember the MMA Warrior's name who kept complaining that his winning HOH meant nothing that week!!

However, it seems that the popular input here is that Matt won't be able to use it on the HOH (Brendon), nor the POV (Ragan). Of course he'd get rid of two if they let him put-up Ragan ( the POV and the Sab)!!

But isn't that the idea of the D-POV.....to offset any other power in existence for one week? Just like in BB11 when Jeff used his Coup D Etat which offset the HOH's power for that one week! Having a "Sr. Moment", I can't remember the MMA Warrior's name who kept complaining that his winning HOH meant nothing that week!!

However, it seems that the popular input here is that Matt won't be able to use it on the HOH (Brendon), nor the POV (Ragan). Of course he'd get rid of two if they let him put-up Ragan ( the POV and the Sab)!!

If I'm not mistaken, I think Chima was HOH when Jeff used the Coup d etat.

Matt can NOT put up Brendon or Ragan. It's safe to assume that the POV holder and HOH will always be safe regardless of what power is in the house. If this is NOT true, then it would be pointless to play for POV.

Matt will be putting up Kathy.

From what I am reading on the feeds.....Matt is no longer talking about this POWER that MIGHT be out there...BB might have already stripped it from him...ya think???

naaaaaaaah I don't think so. :animated_rotfl:

So does that mean that Matt has the only vote this week? And can he also put up Ragan? Sorry Im confused lol...The really screwed up thing is. That the way I am perceiving how this D.POV is going to work, Rachel came up with this exact idea on the feeds the week before when Ragan had won that veto ticket. The way she had described her idea is exactly how it appears to be being played....That really sucks for her and Brendon....

Here are the rules for the Diamond Power of Veto:

Big Brother informed Matt that the Diamond Power of Veto could be used to remove one HG from the block, like a normal Veto, but its special power is the option for the holder to name the replacement. This renom power is usually reserved for that week

Brendon should get to at least compete in this next HOH since his entire week is ruined by a special power. Just doesn't seem right, any of this crap BB has been doing this year.

It's just a Veto. It's not like it's a Coup D'Etat where the holder of the power can remove both noms and put up the people he/she wants. He only has a power to save one person from the block and name the replacement. Brendon's other nom is still on the block. So, no he shouldn't be allowed to play HOH, like any other HOH. He should have nom'd two people he didn't care went home, but he used Lane as a pawn. A pawn can either work for or against you. This time, it backfired on Brendon.

We'll see Brendon's PB tonight right? I really want to know what they showed him to get him to open it. With Matt they just showed him the actual DPOV.

They didn't show Matt the actual DPOV before he opened the door. He just read the tempt cards and decided to open the door. Once in, he saw the DPOV.

It's just a Veto. It's not like it's a Coup D'Etat where the holder of the power can remove both noms and put up the people he/she wants. He only has a power to save one person from the block and name the replacement. Brendon's other nom is still on the block. So, no he shouldn't be allowed to play HOH, like any other HOH. He should have nom'd two people he didn't care went home, but he used Lane as a pawn. A pawn can either work for or against you. This time, it backfired on Brendon.

They didn't show Matt the actual DPOV before he opened the door. He just read the tempt cards and decided to open the door. Once in, he saw the DPOV.

Well its not really like any other veto since Brendon can't pick who goes up, Lane being a pawn has nothing to do with it. If it were like any other veto then Brendon should still get to replace Matt with who he wants, thus not making his week void.

I'm almost positive Kathy will be taking Matt's spot. As much as I'd rather it be Bitchney,having Kathy out of there wouldn't be such a bad thing. I can't stand either one and neither helps Brendon anyway so it all doesn't matter. He was a fool not to nominate Bitchney.

I hope that Brendon got some sort of power that overturns Matt's diamond power of veto.

Well its not really like any other veto since Brendon can't pick who goes up, Lane being a pawn has nothing to do with it. If it were like any other veto then Brendon should still get to replace Matt with who he wants, thus not making his week void.

Huh??!! It has a special power, which is why it's a Diamond POV. Other than the holder getting to replace the nominee he pulls off the block, it's just like any other veto, except they didn't play for it. And, Lane has everything to do with it, since he is one of Brendon's original nominees. And, being that one of Brendon's original noms is still on the block, means that the week is NOT void and thus Brendon should not be able to play for HOH. If Brendon got to pick who replaced the nominee, it wouldn't be a special power. Maybe I don't understand the point you're making. If you're just upset that your fave can't play for HOH and save himself, I understand that, but you're not making much sense with your argument.

Huh??!! It has a special power, which is why it's a Diamond POV. Other than the holder getting to replace the nominee he pulls off the block, it's just like any other veto, except they didn't play for it.

So except for it being a secret and nobody knowing about it until Matt hinted towards it, except they didn't get to play for it, nor we voted who got it, and Brendon can't nominate the replacement, it really doesn't sound anything like a veto as you said. They could have just as well called the Coup d'etat the platinum veto and handed it to Jeff, makes no difference. When anything like this goes down, it should allow whoever was previously HOH to play again, had Britney or Ragan won it, I'd say the same thing. When someone sticks a pawn up, there is a risk as you said, but in this case Brendon couldn't even care if Lane went, he is still staying. It isn't right to throw in magical powers every so often and ruin a persons game, I know it's just something you have to deal with while watching this show but it should balance out to a certain degree and right now there is no balance. I wouldn't even go as far as to say he is my favorite, favorite is a strong word, more so, I can tolerate him better than others. edit- you are right though Denise, I am somewhat bitter so sorry if I sound like an ass. I get sad every year I watch this, I pick a favorite and the person never even makes it to the final 4.

Does Matt get to vote tonight? I don't think he should get to vote. Afterall he's basically co-HOH this week. Brendon names one nominee and Matt named the other. It seems to me that neither should be able to vote. Although that would mean there would only be 4 voters... then if there is a tie - what do you do? So I guess I answered my own question. They'll let Matt vote, but I don't think it's fair.

Guest 6Borders

No reason Matt does not get to vote....it's a POV not an HOH. Might make it interesting if Brendon gets to vote tho.

That would toss everything for a loop and make it 5 votes so no way there could be a tie. Most interesting will be to see what transgression of the truth Matt comes up with as to why he has the Diamond Veto!

they showed the D.Veto on the HOH TV screen before he opened the door to pandoras box. so same difference... :animated_bouncy:

So except for it being a secret and nobody knowing about it until Matt hinted towards it, except they didn't get to play for it, nor we voted who got it, and Brendon can't nominate the replacement, it really doesn't sound anything like a veto as you said. They could have just as well called the Coup d'etat the platinum veto and handed it to Jeff, makes no difference. When anything like this goes down, it should allow whoever was previously HOH to play again, had Britney or Ragan won it, I'd say the same thing. When someone sticks a pawn up, there is a risk as you said, but in this case Brendon couldn't even care if Lane went, he is still staying. It isn't right to throw in magical powers every so often and ruin a persons game, I know it's just something you have to deal with while watching this show but it should balance out to a certain degree and right now there is no balance. I wouldn't even go as far as to say he is my favorite, favorite is a strong word, more so, I can tolerate him better than others. edit- you are right though Denise, I am somewhat bitter so sorry if I sound like an ass. I get sad every year I watch this, I pick a favorite and the person never even makes it to the final 4.

The Coup power is totally different. In that case, the HOH is void and should be able to play for the next HOH in my opinion. The user of the Coup power can replace both noms. In other words, he replaces himself as HOH, not just a Veto holder with the power to replace a nom.

they showed the D.Veto on the HOH TV screen before he opened the door to pandoras box. so same difference... :animated_bouncy:

You're right. I apologize. Once I saw the show last night and saw that they showed Brendon the temptation, I realized that you were right and they did show Matt the DPOV. LOL I guess I just forgot.

Dear BB...

Next time you have a craft project, call me....I can make a much better looking (and more stable) Diamond Power of Veto! Your props person needs to be sat down and talked to...in a better economy, I may have suggested someone needs to be fired!

:sadwalk:

Dear BB...

Next time you have a craft project, call me....I can make a much better looking (and more stable) Diamond Power of Veto! Your props person needs to be sat down and talked to...in a better economy, I may have suggested someone needs to be fired!

:sadwalk:

yea, it was pretty funny watching Matt go BIG BRO on Brendon while holding the DPoV together.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Chima was HOH when Jeff used the Coup d etat.

Matt can NOT put up Brendon or Ragan. It's safe to assume that the POV holder and HOH will always be safe regardless of what power is in the house. If this is NOT true, then it would be pointless to play for POV.

Matt will be putting up Kathy.

Thanks for the correction about Chima. I agree with you about why the HOH or POV should have immunity; however, some might think that the HOH had his "power" diminished by Matt being able to pick his replacement rather than the HOH. And, you're rite again as Kathy was selected!!

It did add some needed excitement(?). I just finished viewing on BBAD, some incredible video. The feeds alternated between showing Brendon, with his sleeping mask on, either arguing with himself, or talking in his sleep, and Britney's seemingly never ending soliloquy! Talk about boring TV!!!!

I agree. How much more can Matt hint around about this DPOV without getting the power revoked?

I don't think so. That would make the HOH competition and position of HOH a complete joke. Brendon should get something for winning HOH.

:animated_wave: He did win something...being able to stay for another week!! :cheers: Just joking! :hide: You're rite :stars:

Archived