Pandora's Box - Diamond Power of Veto

CasperSabe

Apparently everyone forgot what happened last season when Jeff used the special power. If the DPOV is like that and Matt can replace both noms them like the Coup everyone will be able to play for HOH on Thursday. Just saying. Since we don't know everything about the DPOV yet this is a possibility and Brendan could win HOH again. I hope he does use it and puts Britt up as she is the most vile creature

It was stated when he won it, he can change ONE nomination and pick the replacement.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we don't know everything about the DPOV yet this is a possibility and Brendan could win HOH again. I hope he does use it and puts Britt up as she is the most vile creature

I don't know if this is accurate or not, but I found this definition on Big Brother Network:

Big Brother informed Matt that the Diamond Power of Veto could be used to remove one HG from the block, like a normal Veto, but its special power is the option for the holder to name the replacement. This renom power is usually reserved for that week’s HoH, but Matt will be the one calling that shot instead.

The only catch appears to be that Matt must use the Diamond Power of Veto within the next two weeks. If he doesn’t use it at today’s Veto Ceremony, and I don’t possibly think that will happen, then expect him to do it next week.

What does this new Veto mean for the game? Brendon and Rachel will be heading out the door back to back unless the remaining half of Brenchel wins HoH this Thursday. The Diamond Power of Veto is basically last season’s Coup D’Etat rebadged with a shiny new name. The nominations will change and the holder of the power calls all the shots. The game will change and no one can stop it.

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/diamond-power-of-veto-returns-to-big-brother-12/

He obviously didn't use it during the Veto ceremony today, so either this is wrong or Matt is screwed thinking that he can use it before the eviction ceremony. OMG, I would wet my pants laughing if that were true. :animated_rotfl: But, it does make sense that since it is a Veto, it should be used during the Veto Ceremony. Would BB let him go on thinking he can use it on Thursday if he missed his opportunity during the ceremony?

But, it does make sense that since it is a Veto, it should be used during the Veto Ceremony. Would BB let him go on thinking he can use it on Thursday if he missed his opportunity during the ceremony?

I doubt BB would miss an opportunity for the drama that will follow the use of DPOV. He had to have the rules explained to him. Matt's no dummy, he would double check it to make sure.

I don't know why I think this but I thought that the DPOV was to be used only on eviction night(Thursday) just before the nom's give their speeches before voting. If this is true the houseguests will have no time to discuss how to vote, they would vote someone out immediately after Matt takes himself off.

I don't know why I think this but I thought that the DPOV was to be used only on eviction night(Thursday) just before the nom's give their speeches before voting. If this is true the houseguests will have no time to discuss how to vote, they would vote someone out immediately after Matt takes himself off.

The only other time the game had DPOV was on BB3. Allison won it and she had the opportunity to remove someone from the block and she had the ONLY vote to evict. That was why it was on eviction night in that season. This is just a Veto with the ability to remove and replace a nom. It just doesn't seem fair.

I doubt BB would miss an opportunity for the drama that will follow the use of DPOV. He had to have the rules explained to him. Matt's no dummy, he would double check it to make sure.

But, if he tries to use it and can't, that will be even more drama and mega egg on his face. I don't remember them specifying which which time he could use it. But, you're right Matt is smart and it wouldn't be smart not to double check the rules on when he can use it.

It better be Kathy as long as it isn't Brit!!!! It's too bad he can't put Ragan up now that I would love!!!

Do we know that for a fact? They haven't told us any limitations on who it can be used on have they? Obviously Brendon would be exempt being the HOH but have they even stated that?

Probably moot because I don't see Matt choosing Ragan even if he could.

OMG how I wish he would put up Enzo. I can't stand Enzo these days. But, I wouldn't mind Kathy going to JH. She's a waste. If Matt uses his head, he can just use this to get rid of Kathy, and use Brit to go after Brenden. I know that Matt wants Brenden out of the house. Plus, Brenden is getting too close to Hayden and Enzo. Besides he knows they will throw the HOH. So, it will only be him and Ragan who wins HOH this week, because Kathy won't win. If he keeps Kathy, he has to play until Kathy is eliminated from the competition so Ragan can win HOH and get Brenden out. If he keeps Britt, he will have Ragan and Brit fighting for HOH and both will go after Brenden for him. Forgot about Lane. That's three.

I think he is gonna still try to keep playing both sides and act like the hero for both by putting up poor Kathy. Which I think is crap bc she has been ev1's scape goat since the beginning. When in all actuality really she may not have the best competitive game but her social game hasnt been horrible. I think if she got a chance to stay this week she would have a great chance at winning the quiz HOH....She and Hayden both do...

I think he'll put up Kathy this week and keep trying to play both sides. I can't think of any good reason that he would want to put up anyone in either of his two alliances (Britney on the one side and Hayden and Enzo on the other side). :animated_scratchchin: As long as he can stay in two alliances without anyone finding out - than that's what he should do.

I really wish that he'd put up Britney though... but for the reasons above I know that won't happen.

Right now I think it will be Kathy. He has nothing to be afraid of from Enzo and the Loser alliance since they can't win anything anyway. He needs Britney to stay and help take out Brendon.

but this game can change from hour to hour...

I wish he would put Enzo up! How awesome would that be? :animated_bouncy:

But I would bet money on Britney going up and out. She is by far my fave but this is sort of what she gets for not keeping Rachel and having a real alliance with her. Rachel would have had her back for sure (especially if Brendon was gone) and no one else in the house does. They've all "thrown her under the bus" this week.

Archived