Rachel - Week 5 Nominee

CeCiMom

Honest question/honest answer

did you hear Ragan apologize? Alot of people are in Ragan thread saying he never did

-Kyo

Short Answer:

I dont have the live feeds but from what I remember reading on the live feed updates at the time it happened, he did.

Long Answer:

If nothing else .. I do believe those two will be friends outside of the house. My mom told me when she was watching the fight last night that she was reminded of fights that -I- have had over the years with my best friend Andy (whose gay). We have said some absolute AWEFUL things to each other over the years, but in the end we always forgive each other. Because we really do care about each other. Just sometimes our egos get in the way. I think the only real reason Ragan and Rachel were able to be -that- heated with each other is because they do care about each other. In the beginning weeks of the show her and Ragan were friends. Through the course of the show they turned on each other. But I believe that initial link of friendship is still there between them. They both just need to get over themselves a bit. (Which they will once BB ends and they have time to cool down).

I think one of the major reasons that I have always stuck up for Rachel is I see a lot of myself in her, personality wise.

I've always been the kind of person who always spoke my mind and told people exactly what I thought of them. Often times I am totally oblivious to how mean, something I say .. is. That old expression "the truth hurts" could be used in spades for me. I have often hurt people, with the truth -- not with lies. Which is in a way, worse.

The minute I realize something that I've said .. has wounded someone I care about, I'm always deeply sorry. I think Rachel is the same way. I think she has shown time and time again that she is willing to apologize for things she does. It doesn't totally excuse what she's done/did. But it at least goes that step to try and make amends.

She's a very bright girl, with a lot of potential. Who thinks she has to be a certain way to get attention. She is really insecure in herself. You can tell she tries so hard to be okay with her lifestyle and secure in being a "strong" woman. Because you can tell deep down she doesn't feel that way about herself.

People call her a slut, a whore, etc. And there is no question she lives her life in dangerous and unhealthy ways. But it's not because she's a bad person. I think deep down she's just an insecure, and hurt little girl, trying to pretend to be something that she's not.

I would hazard a guess the reason she hasn't continued down the Chemist path, is deep down I think she maybes wonder if she's really smart enough. I think she might feel she is too far down the path of getting attention by looking a certain way to ever be taken serious. If I were to be honest.. I would admit I think this is why Brendon and her fell in love.

Brendon clearly is the kind of guy who feels like he needs to be a knight in shinning armor and rescue the woman he loves, even if he's just rescuing her from herself. Rachel clearly is the kind of person, who doesn't think very highly of herself. She is the opposite of narcissist. She treats Brendon badly because she think she doesn't deserve him, and maybe if she treats him bad enough, she'll lose him (thus proving to herself she doesn't deserve him!) She's the kind of girl who doesn't think she's that great deep down, so when Brendon looks at her with those puppy dog eyes and tells her how great and amazing she is .. she feels -- good -- about herself. She even told him on the show "I'll never get tired of hearing that..." when he told her he was the luckiest guy ever. It's clear she doesn't get told that very much.

What's more, Brendon really loves that she loves science like he does. I think .. at least I hope -- he will be a good influence on her life. And help her get her stuff together.

Anyway wow that went a little off topic. Sorry Kyo! Something about your posts, always gets me talking lol

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brendon clearly is the kind of guy who feels like he needs to be a knight in shinning armor and rescue the woman he loves, even if he's just rescuing her from herself.

The thing about knights in shining armor is that they believe that they are better (stronger, smarter, etc.) than other people and need to rescue them. These people aren't capable of controling their own lives or dealing with the things that happen to them so the knight has to be there to take care of them and any problems they encounter because they are too weak. Its just another way of controling someone. He did this quite often with Rachel and she allowed it but then would get angry when he tried to take even more control over her by telling her what she should or shouldn't do.

People call her a slut, a whore, etc. And there is no question she lives her life in dangerous and unhealthy ways. But it's not because she's a bad person. I think deep down she's just an insecure, and hurt little girl, trying to pretend to be something that she's not.

bingo...right on the nose

Now here is my issue

I see the EXACT same problem with Britney as well. She is terribly insecure and scared. Listen to her talk about her mom and the awful things her mom would say to her and I have no doubt that Britney has an emotionally damaged past

So why is it ok for some (not pointing anyone out) to say Rachel is ok because of her 'possible' emotional issues but Britney is just cold and a rude b****?

-Kyo

Lets just be thankful that she is gone now. No more.

could agree more

UNTIL!!!

suddenly one day Chen-bot announces the platinum super studded 80 carot diamond veto

It allows one house guest of Rachel's choice in sequester to come back. The only draw back is when Rachel announces who comes back everyone is automatically evicted and she wins and is runner up

oddly enough...that scenario doesn't seem that far off...

excuse me...I had a nightmare and I need to cry

-Kyo

I would be crying with you. And I do have to say I loved everything Ragan said to her.

I agree with you, Erin. I too appreciated everything he said to her. He only said what the rest of the cowards was thinking. Enzo made me want to puke. He was so far up her arse when she came in the house. Then he's the first one to tell Brendon about Rachel and Ragan's fight.

It's a toss up between Enzo and Kathy as to who I want gone first.

Okay, I know I am in the minority here big time. But I am going to say it.....I feel sorry for Rachel. Because I do think she is misunderstood and everything she says misconstrued and magnified and dissected over and over again by a few HGs that are kinda obseseed with talking about her. Her "I'm back b?tches" Is taken differently than if just about anyone else said it. Yes because the house guests don't like her-but she is just really trying. She has no social grace in the house, it's true. But when she called Ragan out on being a b?tch, well don't you kinda sorta agree that he can be a b?tch. I don't mean to Ragan bash. He is hilarious and funny. But I'm calling him out on his holier than thou attitude.

and bitchiness

just sayin

bingo...right on the nose

Now here is my issue

I see the EXACT same problem with Britney as well. She is terribly insecure and scared. Listen to her talk about her mom and the awful things her mom would say to her and I have no doubt that Britney has an emotionally damaged past

So why is it ok for some (not pointing anyone out) to say Rachel is ok because of her 'possible' emotional issues but Britney is just cold and a rude b****?

-Kyo

Sorry for the long delay I was without internet for a week. Oh the humanity!

I do see some elements of those qualities in Brit. Sometimes.

The thing of it is though .. Brit seems to falter less. She seems to suffer self doubt less. She seems more confident in herself. More certain. And thus more viscous. Because she has been unrelenting in her assaults on Brendon and Rachel. Even though they're out of the house she's still going on about it.

And I just saw a beautiful little bird land on a butterfly tree outside of my window. Totally unrelated I know. But it was beautiful, and it seemed like a happy thought. This thread was in desperate need of one.

---

I'm looking forward to seeing Brendon and Rachel's jury house reunion even though most people aren't. lol

Archived