COMING SOON: The Masked Singer starts February 2, 2020 on FOX  ●  Lego Masters February 5th on FOX  ●  Survivor: Winners at War Starts February 12, 2020 on CBS  ●  Summer House Starts February 5, 2020 on Bravo  ●  Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Starts February 16 on HGTV  ●  American Idol Starts February 16, 2020 on ABC  ●  The Voice begins on February 24, 2020 on NBC  ●  Big Brother Cananda Starts March 6 on Global & Live Streaming  ● 

Sign in to follow this  
Twister

Season 10

Just read this on nbc.com:

The season premiere according to NBC is Tuesday, September 21st at its usual time slot, 8 p.m.-10 p.m. Eastern.

Read they are going to have 800lb guy that has not been out of bed in 6 years.

Refuses to eat anything other than fast food.

Hates both Juilan & Bob (thinks they are both are gay)

Only reason he agreed to be on the show was because they promised him nothing less than $25,000 if he can make it past week 1 without dying.

If he dies, producers will just edit him out of the show as if he wasn't there. Wouldn't be the first time that somebody was edited out because they couldn't hack eating healthy food and walking at the same time..... wink.gif

NBC unveils 'Biggest Loser' cast and a twist

21 contestants will try to lose weight as trainers help communities as wellAdvertisement And you thought "The Biggest Loser" was motivating before.

NBC has revealed the 21 new oversized contestants who will battle the bulge and each other in the 10th season of the reality hit. But, as always seems to be the case with shows in danger of losing their novelty, this season there's a twist

WOOT!!! Saw a commercial for TBL tonight during Apprentice. Starts Tuesday -- can't wait!! :party_smilie:

Done!! sorry I didnt know they were up on NBC yet. I had looked last week and they werent there.

I wanted to say something about what I saw on tonights show.

1. No surgeon out there should EVER do gastric bypass on a 14 year old. That's crazy.

2. They tell you before the surgery that it's not a cure all, that you will lose muscle if you don't workout to keep the muscle, it's not true that all gastric bypass patients lose muscle. I know this because I had gastric bypass May 6th and I have more muscle now than I did before the surgery. My thyroid died and I gained way too much weight in such a short time. My only answer was the surgery. I went through a year of Doctor controlled dieting with pills and exercise and gained weight. I weight 268 pounds the day I had my surgery and I just weighted today and I weight 213 pounds. Trust me it isn't easy, I walk every day no matter the weather, and do a workout tape every other day and rotate my tapes to keep the workouts interesting. You can't just have the surgery and expect not to work at losing the weight. My 55 pounds have been hard earned. So please don't listen to what that doctor was saying tonight. People that go in and have the surgery and do what they are told do well, and don't lose muscle.

I wanted to say something about what I saw on tonights show.

1. No surgeon out there should EVER do gastric bypass on a 14 year old. That's crazy.

Not clear about your point. Are you saying its not true or that the surgeon was being unethical?

On some other show I saw where a teenage girl 15-16 had it done. She was extremely overweight. 350lbs maybe.

I would agree that kids that that obese needs serious lifestyle intervention to get their eating habbit under control and into some kind of physical fitness program. If they are 350 teenagers, that likely means by the time they are in the 20s they are going to be 400lbs - 500lbs and on fast track to being dead in their 30s.

I also saw a show where they were doing a bypass on a 16 yr old. I certainyl think it depends on the person involved, not everyone is as mature as the next and I think in this case on this season, this girl should not have had the surgery as she really does not or didnt have he support system in place that she needed. I feel pro and con on the by pass surgery to begin with, it seems to me that there is alot of by pass surgery going on in this country versus just good ol input and excercise. This generation and a cpl generations previous are not prone to eating whole food, or exercising. Everyone thinks they are too busy to do weight loss in that way, too busy , too tired. I did not grow up with video games or fast food. I was 16 yrs old before there were fast food places around to eat at, my mother cooked every night and was a widow and worked to raise 2 kids. I can appreciate what she did as far as how we ate. I spent my summers on my grandparents farm and we grew what we ate, and noone spent much time in front of the tv, we were too busy rippin and runnin outside from soon as we got up till bedtime.I do know that some ppl do have issues that make it hard for them to lose weight, but I really think that those are few and far between.It'sjust like cesarian sections, seems like everyone has that choice today as a way or giving birth, no way you could do that when I was having my babies, so I also think there is waayyy tooo many by pass surgeries being done and for all the wrong reasons.as far as what age is appropiate depends on the maturity of the person in question and what kind of support they have at home. This season of Biggest Loser so far is good, it will be interesting as it is every season to see how the personalities develop. My biggest thing is sugar, I really have issues with sugar, cant tell you when the last time I ate fast food was, but I most definately need to stay away from sugar, sugar is the devil for me,lol, I stay away from it big time. I think Bob and Jillian have proved over the years that it is all about what you put in as far as food and what kind of activity you do.

Sorry it took so long to answer, but I am saying that any doctor that does a gastric bypass on a child should have their license removed. I can understand a 16 year old that is very mature and can get through the testing ok, but 14 is too young. I am not one of the ones that didn't try eating right and exercise first. I went through a whole year of it under a doctors care before my insurance would even think about paying for my surgery. My thyroid died, and there really wasn't a choice for me. I was on diet pills and gained 30 pounds. I exercise now, you have to if you want to stay healthy.

I think there is always a choice, most of the ppl on biggest loser are finally gettin their act together and with the help of biggest loser are doin great, once you get past a certain point of gaining it is really discouraging to try and lose when you only get a lb or two result every week. Biggest loser is an excelerated program that these ppl are put thru to help them lose larger amts of weight in a weeks time. I think by pass is fine if that is the way you want to go and I agree a 14 yr old should never have that surgery. weight loss can be accomplished thru diet and exercise. As far as thyroids go I know there is medication to take to regulate that gland and once its regulated your body will start burning the calories for those who think there s no other way for them great go for it.BUT, I also say the good old fashiond way of gettin up off the couch, quit putting in more than you can burn off with excercise is the way to go.PPl have really hard recoveries from bypass and there can be complications, hey to me if you dont weigh 700 or 800 lbs, I say do it with diet and excercise. This is purely my opinion, just like quitin smokin, Idid it cold turkey and will never ever smoke again, had I tried the patch like sooo many of my friends I would still be puffing. I think Biggest loser is a huge jump start for the ppl that have let their weight go for sooo long, it is helping sooo many.

I think there is always a choice, most of the ppl on biggest loser are finally gettin their act together and with the help of biggest loser are doin great, once you get past a certain point of gaining it is really discouraging to try and lose when you only get a lb or two result every week. Biggest loser is an excelerated program that these ppl are put thru to help them lose larger amts of weight in a weeks time. I think by pass is fine if that is the way you want to go and I agree a 14 yr old should never have that surgery. weight loss can be accomplished thru diet and exercise. As far as thyroids go I know there is medication to take to regulate that gland and once its regulated your body will start burning the calories for those who think there s no other way for them great go for it.BUT, I also say the good old fashiond way of gettin up off the couch, quit putting in more than you can burn off with excercise is the way to go.PPl have really hard recoveries from bypass and there can be complications, hey to me if you dont weigh 700 or 800 lbs, I say do it with diet and excercise. This is purely my opinion, just like quitin smokin, Idid it cold turkey and will never ever smoke again, had I tried the patch like sooo many of my friends I would still be puffing. I think Biggest loser is a huge jump start for the ppl that have let their weight go for sooo long, it is helping sooo many.

I am on the meds for my thyroid and have been for 7 years now. It didn't help me lose weight, only gain. I was exercising and on weight loss meds and still gaining weight. My only choice was the band or bypass, but I couldn't do the band because of the greater amount of exercise it takes, and I have artheritis in my knees. I now walk daily and have some exercise video's made for artheritis in the knees, and I do water arobics once a week. I do the walking daily, the videos I change up, there are 7 of them and I do a different one every other day, so it doesn't get boring. As of yesterday, when I went to my back doctor,(which I know now that I have artheritis in my back now along with torn soft tissue between my disks) I had lost exactly 60 in 6 months. I have gone down from a size 24 to a size 16 and am feeling much better. My knees don't hurt as bad, and my back doesn't either. I know that bypass isn't the answer for everyone, but sometimes it's the only answer for some people such as me. I don't encourgae people that can lose weight another way to go the bypass route. It's major surgery, you have a stay in the hospital, and there are things about your life you must change, like I can never again chew gum. I don't mind though. I would do the surgery all over again if I had to go back to that point in my life. Also not all people that have the surgery keep the weight off. It's really up to the person and their commitment. Thank you for your opinion, I value it very much!

Yana