Matt - Week 3 (HoH)

CeCiMom

Please get over yourself already Linda Stasi. He isn't making fun of the disease. He's on a reality show duping people for sympathy. If anything he has given them free airtime to bring awareness to the disease. Has anyone ever heard of the disease before Matt mentioned it on tv? Wonder how many hits to their website they received after he brought it up.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with CeciMom on this one. He's trying his best to play his own game which is all they can do in that house. He knows Brendon and Rachel are both strong players. If he puts them on the block and one survives then wins HOH he stands a pretty good chance of leaving. He just has to hope his lies aren't exposed, whether it's being part of the Brigade or his wife's supposed illness. Those things can put a target on his back with every HG.

He has a limited number of people he can put on the block that won't make his life in there worse. The Brigade is going to talk him out of putting up Britney and Kristen and he won't put Ragan on the block because he's another strong ally. I don't blame him for wanting other people in there to do all the dirty work. It comes down to survival & making it to the end.

As far as the lie regarding his wife is concerned, it's all a matter of which lies we're willing to condone. Some people feel it's morally wrong for him to use such a blatant lie to further his game. I get that. Seven people entered that house July 3rd telling a lie about their true occupation. Do we view that as morally wrong? Probably not. Do we view telling a lie about a loved ones physical condition as morally wrong? There's a good possibility the answer is yes. It's a lie which can have an effect on our emotions.

It's up to each of us which parts of this game we do or don't accept. Whatever helps you sleep at night.wink.gif

Please get over yourself already Linda Stasi. He isn't making fun of the disease. He's on a reality show duping people for sympathy. If anything he has given them free airtime to bring awareness to the disease. Has anyone ever heard of the disease before Matt mentioned it on tv? Wonder how many hits to their website they received after he brought it up.

I guess it all boils down to those who believe the ends justify the means, or they do not.

He has a limited number of people he can put on the block that won't make his life in there worse. The Brigade is going to talk him out of putting up Britney and Kristen and he won't put Ragan on the block because he's another strong ally. I don't blame him for wanting other people in there to do all the dirty work. It comes down to survival & making it to the end.

I'll ask the question again. Then, why did he want to be HOH this week? He's going to get so screwed. IMO, he's playing a game with the game. His way of mocking the game with his game play. He is a Ronnie Jr in my book.

Good question, BBinSavannah. IMO, Matt and Lane and Enzo better stick together and win comps or they will all be gone. Ragan is on his own, pretty much, unless Matt turns on the Brigade. After Andrew, Britney and Kathy; they're "it."

The problem as I see it, with putting Brendon and/or Rachel on the block is being absolutely assured that one of them will be voted-off. Otherwise, they'll come for you. So far, this group closely resembles sheep when it comes time to vote.

I just dont think it is funny the lie Matt is telling about his wife, I dont think he needs that ploy for his game, for sympathy, there are other ways to work your game without throwing something like that out into the universe, and I can see why this Linda person is not happy with his putting it out there or the cocky attitude in which he presented it, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth as to who Matt is as a person. Now if he gets Brendon or Rachel out of there this week, great, other than that I dont care for him at all.

Going to post something else besides who Matt is throwing around to nominate.

Don't know if anyone else posted this earlier in the thread... but...

Did it hit anyone else that Matt was sitting REALLY cocky in the

Nom Chair ? I thought it looked like he was slouching there looking

like he was bored to death -- just waiting for them to get it over

with and get Monet out the door.

I felt like reaching into the TV and smacking him up along side of his

pompous head.

Am I mistaken or did Matt mention the word "brigade" in reference to Enzo, Lane and Hayden to Ragan last night? Or did the updater make a mistake?

Here was the convo:

Ragan: Oh they'll blab about it. They might want you to put one of them up so they can fight for POV.

Matt: That's not an option, it's Kathy and Andrew up or them.

Ragan: Do you think Andrew would be pissed?

Matt: I'd talk to him and have the brigade reassure him.

Another time later in the conversation in HOH that night, Matt also said the following:

Ragan: It's like a chemical reaction between the two, it's like game play wise is a bad combination for both of them. Some players here eat all the time, don't have to win comps and don't have to get blood on their hands.

Matt: but these people have my back

Yeah, but he's already pretended like he personally confided in Andrew. He thinks he has fooled Andrew. LOL! So it would be kind of counterproductive (I think and I think he probably knows this) to nominate Andrew because he is pretending like he likes Andrew, and he thinks Andrew doesn't know anything about the Brigade. I don't know whether Andrew knows anything about that or not, but he's a pretty smart fox. He's pretty observant and has figured out some other things about the HG - Matt's lie and Hayden's "secret" love affair with Kristen. :omg::lol:

Then again Matt is pretty skillful at playing both sides and will probably continue to do so despite being called out on it. (I remember when Ronny was called out on that last season, and he didn't last long after that.) So I wouldn't be totally surprised if he nominated Andrew since he is a wild card. But I think Andrew would at least remind others of his wild card status. He wouldn't go as far as to reveal Matt's lie, but I just think he would tell others that Matt had confided in him and pretended to be friends with him. Then the others would say, "Well, he told us the same thing!" Then they would look at Matt like WTF because they would realize that he was treating some of them special to gain their trust all while trying to play everyone.

Yep DOC has that leverage that MATT is lying about his wife re the disease .

Am I mistaken or did Matt mention the word "brigade" in reference to Enzo, Lane and Hayden to Ragan last night? Or did the updater make a mistake?

Here was the convo:

Ragan: Oh they'll blab about it. They might want you to put one of them up so they can fight for POV.

Matt: That's not an option, it's Kathy and Andrew up or them.

Ragan: Do you think Andrew would be pissed?

Matt: I'd talk to him and have the brigade reassure him.

Another time later in the conversation in HOH that night, Matt also said the following:

Ragan: It's like a chemical reaction between the two, it's like game play wise is a bad combination for both of them. Some players here eat all the time, don't have to win comps and don't have to get blood on their hands.

Matt: but these people have my back

I thought the same just reading the front page .

I thought the same just reading the front page .

Let me know if you find out anything. I've very curious about this. I'm thinking it was an updater mistake. He couldn't have possibly told Ragan about the Brigade or even let on that those guys have his back.

I like this guy. I don't like the lie about his wife. Not really necessary, but I could be wrong. He is playing a great game. I wish he would put up Bren and Rach though--would love to see them stressing all week. Maybe would cut down on the slurping (so nasty). I seriously get nauseated. Anyways I picked Matt at the beginning, and so far not all the way dissappointed. Really dont know who to root for. Very strange cast this year.

I like this guy. I don't like the lie about his wife. Not really necessary, but I could be wrong. He is playing a great game. I wish he would put up Bren and Rach though--would love to see them stressing all week. Maybe would cut down on the slurping (so nasty). I seriously get nauseated. Anyways I picked Matt at the beginning, and so far not all the way dissappointed. Really dont know who to root for. Very strange cast this year.

My sentiments exactly. I also like Enzo a lot. It is just a game and Matt's lie was dumb but not a deal breaker for me.

and my opinions can change at any time because it is so early in the game.

I heard the remark about "Having his back." He was talking about everyone that voted to keep him in the house and it was not directed toward the Brigade only.

This was said when he was talking to Ragan about putting up Rachel and Brendon. He was worried about following weeks hence the reason not to put them up but knew he'd piss off the others because they had his back this week and kept him.

EXACTLY! ! ! They should thank him. Anything that brings awareness to any disease should be considered free advertising for fund raisers. They should be rooting for him..., He did say he would give donation. People get real..This is BB...lies, back-stabbing and betrayal is the game, embrace it.

EXACTLY! ! ! They should thank him. Anything that brings awareness to any disease should be considered free advertising for fund raisers. They should be rooting for him..., He did say he would give donation. People get real..This is BB...lies, back-stabbing and betrayal is the game, embrace it.

I think it was more about him saying that they are "letting me exploit the disease" (his words) rather than him just mentioning it. If you read the article this research foundation is saying they never agreed to anything. I guess they are thinking libel?

if Brachel makes final 2 I quit

Question: Is it only sequester HG's that can come back? I am losing my memory

-Kyo

All HG's are sequester this year....

Let me know if you find out anything. I've very curious about this. I'm thinking it was an updater mistake. He couldn't have possibly told Ragan about the Brigade or even let on that those guys have his back.

OR the rumors are true that Matt and Ragan or Brothers....

I'll ask the question again. Then, why did he want to be HOH this week? He's going to get so screwed. IMO, he's playing a game with the game. His way of mocking the game with his game play. He is a Ronnie Jr in my book.

Totally agree. He thinks he's pulling of "genius" moves and that was bolstered when he was unscathed by the house meeting. He's feeling all powerful and the king of the brigade and he wanted to stud it up for them and win HoH. His arrogance will be his downfall.

Going to post something else besides who Matt is throwing around to nominate.

Don't know if anyone else posted this earlier in the thread... but...

Did it hit anyone else that Matt was sitting REALLY cocky in the

Nom Chair ? I thought it looked like he was slouching there looking

like he was bored to death -- just waiting for them to get it over

with and get Monet out the door.

I felt like reaching into the TV and smacking him up along side of his

pompous head.

I noticed it and he did the same thing up on the board during HoH. Just standing around nonchalant, all cocky, with this it's too boring and simple a competition for me attitude. When he talks to Ragan, Brendon, Rachel... well, heck anyone other than the brigade he talks down to them in a patronizing way, imo.

I think it was more about him saying that they are "letting me exploit the disease" (his words) rather than him just mentioning it. If you read the article this research foundation is saying they never agreed to anything. I guess they are thinking libel?

His wife would be the libel party as he defamed her not the organization ,who would have no basis . I bet if Matt wins he will give some money since he made up the lie but not all $500,000 like the NY Post writer thinks he should :animated_rotfl:

If all he does is nominate and get out someone like Kathy or Andrew this week, it will be a weasel HOH.

For a certified genius, he ought to have bigger fish to fry.

Let's see what kind of guts this arrogant ass actually has.

If all he does is nominate and get out someone like Kathy or Andrew this week, it will be a weasel HOH.

For a certified genius, he ought to have bigger fish to fry.

Let's see what kind of guts this arrogant ass actually has.

I know he needs to get Rachel or Brendon out this week .

It seems his plan is to keep Brenchal in as two targets. If he can get one out this week, that's all fine and good, but if not, he's still safe next week. He wants to use Brit, Kristen and Ragan to do their dirty work of getting the others out and when any of the Brigade wins, they can target each others' fake allies. I guess he feels there's no rush and winning this HOH just solidifies what he told them, i.e. that he can win HOH anytime he pleases. At least that's what he said last night.

I heard the remark about "Having his back." He was talking about everyone that voted to keep him in the house and it was not directed toward the Brigade only.

That's what I heard too.

I could go on tv and say I have cancer, doesn't mean the Cancer Society can sue me. Was his lie morally correct? No, but I don't think it's as big a deal as people are making it out to be. I think it was unnecessary as I don't think in the end it will matter to people. I find Kristen and her handjob on Hayden while her boyfriend/parents/family/friends watch/hear about it/read about, is morally much worse.

This was said when he was talking to Ragan about putting up Rachel and Brendon. He was worried about following weeks hence the reason not to put them up but knew he'd piss off the others because they had his back this week and kept him.

That's the way I took it too. I didn't hear him mention "the brigade" I heard him say the people who kept him safe.

I think Matt is overly cocky, who knows if he has the goods to back it up. If he can back it up good for him. I respect good game play.

Archived