All things Julie Chen (Blog, Fashion, Mistakes, etc.)

pinkie

Found this tonight over at ew.com, the comment section if full of people pimping out Morty's for those wanting recaps LOL

Hi everyone! Let the games (and the blogs) begin! We kicked off a new season Big Brother tonight, welcoming 13 new HOUSEGUESTS for a summer-long extravaganza of bikinis and backstabbing. It

HERE ARE SOME GENERAL INSIDER FACTOIDS FOR BOTH THE POV AND HOH COMPETITIONS:

On the POV Competition:

* The dollar bills that the Houseguests were getting slapped with were over 8 inches long and the serial number on the Big Brother dollar bills was 19811450.

hmmm...clue or significance to something? :animated_scratchchin:

6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f.jpg

Just six moms sittin' around talkin' – that’s what CBS is angling for with its new daytime show, "The Talk." But no sooner did the chatty half-dozen stop by the TV press tour in Beverly Hills on Wednesday than they met with some not-so-friendly banter from reporters.

Why did Sara Gilbert ("Roseanne"), who pitched the show to CBS and serves as a cohost and executive producer, leave her lesbian partner out of her "Talk" bio? Did Julie Chen get her job as cohost because she happens to be married to Leslie Moonves, the boss of CBS? Isn’t this lineup – which also includes Sharon Osbourne, Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete and Marissa Jaret Winokur -- just a ripoff of ABC’s hit gabfest "The View"?

Gilbert said no on that last point. "This came from a really organic place for me," she said of the show’s creation. As a new mother, she said, she realized there was room for a talk show specifically targeted at moms. "People need this kind of support," she added. But as if to hedge bets, Chen told reporters that “The Talk” wouldn’t be a moms-only club. Instead, it will be a place to hear lively conversation about current events. But not, presumably, in a “View”-like way.

Overshadowing the CBS session was the nepotism issue, as Chen, currently a host on "The Early Show" and "Big Brother," has been married to Moonves since 2004.

"Julie has a terrific reputation," said CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler, who was asked about Chen’s hiring at her executive session. "And the bottom line is the executive producer of the show, Sara Gilbert, said, 'What about [hiring] Julie? Do you think she would be interested?' And we followed her lead."

Chen managed to deflect the issue graciously, saying she was flattered by Gilbert’s request. She spun a warmhearted yarn about her hard-working husband coming home late and craving quality time with their infant son. Still unclear is what her role on "Early Show" will be. "We’re gonna figure that out," Chen said, but she won’t remain as coanchor. "That would be too much even for the Chenbot," a reference to a derogatory nickname from critics that she has cheerfully acknowledged over the years. "I’ll probably be doing taped pieces they could put on the air."

Gilbert seemed somewhat surprised by the attention centered on her partner and home life. She explained that she "decided a CBS press release wasn’t the place" she wanted to open up about things she usually keeps private. "I’ve never really discussed my personal life," she said, adding that she knows that will likely change now: "This is a talk show."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/07/tca-press-tour-sarah-gilbert-julie-chen-sharon-osbourne-target-moms-with-the-talk.html

Hayden: "I think cougar hunting is dangerous

Is it just me, or does the play by play Julie does each show on the live votes annoying? I know she probably has to do that, but the questions she asks to make us wonder who someone is going to vote for is always laughable. You can tell from the get who they're going to vote for...

I think Julie thought Matt called Brit an evil "sucky bitch", he actually said evil "sucubus" which is a demon female that seduces men. Think Grendels mother in Beowoulf....Angelina Jolies' character in the movie.

Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother' week 8

by Julie Chen

What a night. Here's a quick recap for anyone who missed day 55 inside the Big Brother house. We sprung the news about last night's double eviction on the Houseguests at the top of the show I do love the excitement and chaotic nature of the double evictions. The Brigade implodes as Matt becomes the first casualty of this season's most dominant alliance and leaves the house by a vote of 4-0. The remaining Houseguests compete in a HOH competition in which Hayden narrowly edges out Brendon; Hayden places Brendon and Ragan on the block; Ragan captures the POV and removes himself from the block; Hayden places Britney beside Brendon on the block; Brendon is sent packing by a vote of 3-0.

*I need to pause for one second before I proceed in order to comment on Enzo's performance in the competitions this evening. It's almost comical how poorly he's competing each week. Either he's throwing the competitions (which I doubt) or he's simply one of the most uncoordinated competitors we've ever had on the show. Although, having said that, the "Meow Meow" has positioned himself well within the house to make a run at the $500,000. He's a likable guy, who seems to be a straight shooter a characteristic that typically proves useful come finale night.

Back to the action it's Matt and Brendon making their way to the jury house this week. I can't say that I'm surprised by either selection. We knew the writing was on the wall for Matt this week, despite several last ditch attempts to sway the house towards Ragan. I spoke with Matt after tonight's show and he actually told me that turning his back on Ragan (if only for strategy) was his sole regret from his time inside the house.

With Matt's departure, it's easy to see how the three remaining members of the Brigade (Enzo, Lane and Hayden) could maintain a steady control over the house if they can keep winning. But one can only wonder which one of them will be first to flinch and set off on their own to form a new alliance outside of the Brigade. It's clear that Lane and Britney have formed a bond over the last couple of weeks, but where does Ragan fit into the equation?

Tell me who you think is in jeopardy this week

Julie Chen blogs 'Big Brother' week 11

by Julie Chen

I can't believe this is my final blog for season 12. What an amazing summer it has been. After 75 days, 28 competitions and 11 evictions, the summer of the "Brigade" officially came to an end last night as Hayden emerged victorious after narrowly besting his fellow grenade launcher, Lane, by a vote of 4-3.

I think it's worth acknowledging the rare feat that we were treated to this summer

Archived