Annie - Week 1

CeCiMom

I think she said she has been dating her current girlfriend for about 3 years. To me she's a lesbian after that long with the someone of the same sex. Would she really flip back to a guy at this point? That sounds strange to me. But I'm straight and never really could understand someone being Bi. I know some say they are though. Wouldn't you eventually go one way or the other at some point? (just curious if someone that is Bi could answer my question)

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why Annie felt the need to hide being Bi and tell Ragan in secret. I've never heard a guy say anything negative when they hear a girl is Bi. Seeing a lot of reality shows with college age girls and guys there seems to be a lot of girls kissing each other in clubs or when partying. It's the gay man that usually isn't taken as easy even if nothing is said out loud.

Annie is getting on my nerves and I hope she leaves this week now. I don't think the drama would be that great keeping her then get Britney out next.

She said she was Bi like she was going to use it as a strategy. It could have been a good strategy if she used it with Brendon because I think she would have been "there" first before Rachel. I think Brendon would have hooked up with her if he had the chance.

Annie changes her mind every and says different things every second and I don't think it's part of game play but just her so it's no surprise she would flip-flop on sexual preference either.

IMO, she's a whiny sappy annoying cry baby and no man would put up with her, so if she's been with a woman for 3 years I think it's by default and not because she really wants to be.

I think she said she has been dating her current girlfriend for about 3 years. To me she's a lesbian after that long with the someone of the same sex. Would she really flip back to a guy at this point? That sounds strange to me. But I'm straight and never really could understand someone being Bi. I know some say they are though. Wouldn't you eventually go one way or the other at some point? (just curious if someone that is Bi could answer my question)

Okay, yea, no. Being with someone of one gender for a long time, even forever, does not change your orientation if you are bisexual or pansexual. It's not about who you are currently in a relationship with, or who you happen to be having the most amount of sex with, or anything like that. It's about who you are sexually attracted to. Period. For me, for example, I find people of all genders attractive, and always have. Even when I was in a relationship with a man for eight years. I still found women attractive that whole time. And now that I'm single again, I could date men, women, both, or other.

For lots of bi and pan people, it's not even about the gender. It's just that we tend to be sexually and/or romantically attracted to people for who they are and the gender doesn't matter. For others, gender matters, but they're still attracted to more than one.

So, if Annie says she is bi, that means that even though she may be in a committed long-term relationship to a woman, she still finds men attractive. Not ALL men, of course - I don't know any straight women who find ALL men attractive. But yea, it simply means she's attracted to both genders - no matter who she happens to be involved with or not involved with.

She said she was Bi like she was going to use it as a strategy. It could have been a good strategy if she used it with Brendon because I think she would have been "there" first before Rachel. I think Brendon would have hooked up with her if he had the chance.

Annie changes her mind every and says different things every second and I don't think it's part of game play but just her so it's no surprise she would flip-flop on sexual preference either.

IMO, she's a whiny sappy annoying cry baby and no man would put up with her, so if she's been with a woman for 3 years I think it's by default and not because she really wants to be.

Well said Ginger, I don't find her attractive at all, and at my age I have lowered my standards.

I don't know why Annie felt the need to hide being Bi and tell Ragan in secret. I've never heard a guy say anything negative when they hear a girl is Bi. Seeing a lot of reality shows with college age girls and guys there seems to be a lot of girls kissing each other in clubs or when partying. It's the gay man that usually isn't taken as easy even if nothing is said out loud.

Annie is getting on my nerves and I hope she leaves this week now. I don't think the drama would be that great keeping her then get Britney out next.

Young chicks in a bar making out to attract young men in a bar =/= bisexuality.

Many straight men might think it's hot if a woman is bi, but that doesn't mean they aren't stereotyping them, sexualizing them, even discriminating against them in other ways.

So I can fully understand why she might want to keep it a secret for awhile until she feels people out.

It's also possible that outing herself as bi too soon could affect her game play with the women, as some of them might be heterosexist and scared of her coming on to them, etc.

This thread in and of itself proves that people have some wrong and wacky ideas about bisexuality. Bisexuality is in some ways more accepted by people, and in other ways less understood and accepted than homosexuality - even often by other queers.

If there weren't so many fake bisexuals in college(and now high school), maybe we could understand them better. A guy see's girls make out, and go home with a guy so much they assume all of them are like that.

Just because she's bisexual, it doesn't mean she is attracted to every man and woman she comes upon. She doesn't have to want to be with every guy who wants to be with her, even as game play. Not to mention if she is in a long term committed relationship, she may not want to be flirtatious with anyone!

I took her wanting to use her bisexuality as strategy as mostly meaning that she figured it meant she "got" both women and men, which I think we can clearly see is not true.

I've got nothing wrong with criticizing her game play - but no need to bring her sexuality into it.

I understand it just fine. I also don't see the need to advertise what your sexual preferences are to play the game. I didn't hear on interviews the heterosexuals announce they are, so not sure why non-heterosexuals need to announce it. As far as I'm concerned it's just attention seeking behavior. JMO

Just because she's bisexual, it doesn't mean she is attracted to every man and woman she comes upon. She doesn't have to want to be with every guy who wants to be with her, even as game play. Not to mention if she is in a long term committed relationship, she may not want to be flirtatious with anyone!

I took her wanting to use her bisexuality as strategy as mostly meaning that she figured it meant she "got" both women and men, which I think we can clearly see is not true.

I've got nothing wrong with criticizing her game play - but no need to bring her sexuality into it.

Well, we must be watching something different because it was SHE who brought her sexuality into it and I'm just a viewer giving my opinion on it, the same as I would give my opinion about Brendan picking his nose on camera.

I agree Ginger. I don't feel bothered by anyone's sexuality but when HGs bring up stuff about their personal lives it's fair game to talk about it. I do think she is more interesting than Rachel so I hope she stays.

she is going out with a bang

producers must be upset this high personality drama filled person is leaving week 1

walking time bomb

Okay, yea, no. Being with someone of one gender for a long time, even forever, does not change your orientation if you are bisexual or pansexual. It's not about who you are currently in a relationship with, or who you happen to be having the most amount of sex with, or anything like that. It's about who you are sexually attracted to. Period. For me, for example, I find people of all genders attractive, and always have. Even when I was in a relationship with a man for eight years. I still found women attractive that whole time. And now that I'm single again, I could date men, women, both, or other.

For lots of bi and pan people, it's not even about the gender. It's just that we tend to be sexually and/or romantically attracted to people for who they are and the gender doesn't matter. For others, gender matters, but they're still attracted to more than one.

So, if Annie says she is bi, that means that even though she may be in a committed long-term relationship to a woman, she still finds men attractive. Not ALL men, of course - I don't know any straight women who find ALL men attractive. But yea, it simply means she's attracted to both genders - no matter who she happens to be involved with or not involved with.

Thanks for all the info. It helps and I see what you mean now. However, now I have another question. What is a pansexual. (please don't laugh cause I'm from the midwest) :unsure:

This thread in and of itself proves that people have some wrong and wacky ideas about bisexuality. Bisexuality is in some ways more accepted by people, and in other ways less understood and accepted than homosexuality - even often by other queers.

I just don't know much about bisexuality. I have never meant anyone that is bi unless that just didn't tell me they were. So can you see why I may have wacky ideas about it?

I would think that gay people would definatly have issues with someone who says/claims they are bi. With them being gay and only liking one sex that must think something is wrong with them and really think they are gay but won't admit it?? (Am I right about this?)

Also I was always told growing up not to call gay people queers. That they would find that offensive. But I see many people (at least on this board) that call gays queers. Isn't that disrespectful to them?

Sorry about all the questions. Just curious.

I'm a little confused, (1) did Rachel actually say something mean to Annie? (2) If so, what was it? (3) Is this just Annie starting something to reflect bad on Rachel? (4) Is Rachel going to defend herself, or just let Annie hang herself?

I caught the tail end of their run in, but I heard Rachel say that Annie was being too sensitive. I need to go back to Flashbacks once they're up. I believe it was around 7:30 BBT or so.

I'm pretty sure that Annie is telling the truth (possibly a little too dramatically) but Rachel is totally lying, saying she did nothing and doesn't understand why Annie is upset. Rachel is trying to and getting the sympathy that she wants.

Unfortuantly, Annie has cried wolf too many times that everyone believes Rachel.

Annie is WAY overreacting...I only caught the tail end too...Rachel didn't do anything to warrant all this drama. A snotty comment and a roll of the eyes...and Annie goes ballistic. Give the girl a lude...please!

OK, I'm not speaking as to why we as fans might want Annie out, but why in hell do the four guys want her out over Rachel? Annie is someone they could use but Rachel is one billion percent with Brandon so that's a chance that two people would put them up whereas even if Annie won and didn't go with the four, that's only one person.

Isn't the statistical better move to get out Rachel now? No matter what she'll always be with Brendon and as long as she's in the game Brandon will always have a second chance at HoH.

OK, I'm not speaking as to why we as fans might want Annie out, but why in hell do the four guys want her out over Rachel? Annie is someone they could use but Rachel is one billion percent with Brandon so that's a chance that two people would put them up whereas even if Annie won and didn't go with the four, that's only one person.

Isn't the statistical better move to get out Rachel now? No matter what she'll always be with Brendon and as long as she's in the game Brandon will always have a second chance at HoH.

Exactly. It doesn't seem that the men in the Brigade are getting that concept.

I seriously think Annie has some mental issues.. no joke.. she is delusional!!! She IS over reacting and being over sensitive.. And her running and tattling to every guy trying to get sympathy is PATHETIC.. I can not wait to see her go!

Archived