How do we complain to CBS?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sara-is-hot
dude what have you been smoking??

did i say anything about censoring the feeds???

ummm.....NO.....get your facts straight

i merely wanted to know how i could get my opinions across to CBS....its not frikin rocket science...

No you didnt you are right. Others on another thread spoke in terms of censoring her.

Being rude to other posters though is not real cool either

Guest Bourbon

"Some content may not be suitable for users under 21. You agree that we shall have no liability whatsoever relating to the Content and you waive any claims you may have, now or in the future, against us relating to the Content."

You read this when you signed up for the live feeds did you not? This means there is probably going to be some offensive material in those feeds. Complain to CBS all you want, they'll point you towards the "contract" you entered into when you signed up for the feeds, and send you on your merry little Layman way.

But don't let me (or common sense) keep you from wasting your copious amounts of time.

Forget about complaining to the show let her show everyone that watches the live feeds or reads the boards what she really is. She will face a lot of people that she pissed off when she leaves the house and that should be payback enough for anyone.

Guest sara-is-hot
"Some content may not be suitable for users under 21. You agree that we shall have no liability whatsoever relating to the Content and you waive any claims you may have, now or in the future, against us relating to the Content."

You read this when you signed up for the live feeds did you not?  This means there is probably going to be some offensive material in those feeds.  Complain to CBS all you want, they'll point you towards the "contract" you entered into when you signed up for the feeds, and send you on your merry little Layman way. 

But don't let me (or common sense) keep you from wasting your copious amounts of time.

Great point!

Guest ValleyGirl

I think Ivette got a warning of some kind last night. I also heard her saying something to Maggie or April last night about wondering if she would be leaving which I found odd. I think she just received a warning and I think if true that was the right thing to do as long as they warned her she'd be gone if she keeps it up. So far she hasn't done it again but with her who knows if she can keep her mouth shut for long.

Ok, so I looked at this thread and thought it looked awfully familiar. One person's opinon and they get slammed for it. I personally think BB is pushing the limits this year. Especially being aired at 8pm. My beef is with HC's that is on during the day and when you click onto the BB site the show automatically comes on your screen. I think CBS needs to change that so HC's won't automatically play in your browser. Just my opinion.

One's words can be a form of verbal attack, especially when they are as blatantly discriminatory as Ivette's. I think she should be given a 3 warning minimum, after which she should be asked to leave. Otherwise CBS is encouraging her to just continue on. There has to be some sort of consequence for that, or at least I would hope there would be. She's not telling him off because he's an idiot or what have you. She's specifically targetting his culture. I wonder how impressed the Muslim population is at witnessing this? Also, this concept of freedom that people seem to be arguing over on this thread works both ways. Does Kaysar not have the right to be treated equally as an American citizen, free from discrimination as his other fellow housemates? Seriously, this is an issue that CBS needs to address. Disagree with eachother all you want, but neither side nor individual should be allowed to conduct themselves in such a manner. Frig, I wonder how long CBS would have tolerated someone in the house if they were calling people the "n" words here or there? I know for a fact it wouldn't fly with CBS, so why is it being promoted when it's someone of Muslim descent. To further this, not only is not bieng dealt with, it's being hidden. My gosh, they still continue to portray Ivette as some innocent, sweet girl. It's sickening.

I'm just not getting this. If something disgusts someone so much such as Ivette's comments, why keep watching?

I know it's a great show and people get hooked on it, but if something is said and done that is so offensive to someone then they should not torture themselves and sit through it.

I don't think CBS would care if they got a few letters complaining, they are still getting their viewership to give them the ratings for a summer schedule that other channels are showing re-reruns on.

I really understand everyones point of view here, but honestly if something disgusts me I will not watch, not listen, not buy whatever it is that bugs me.

Go Kaysar. You rock my world.

Ginger, I also love going for walks in the park, that doesn't mean I'll stop when I see gangs or people yelling racist comments to eachother. Instead of avoiding it, I'll instead stand up and say something against it.

Exactly. Ignoring it's not helping. Maybe it won't make a clear difference, but you never know. Bitch is wrecking my favourite show, and I have a right to complain about it.

And again, I guarantee that this would not be ignored if these weren't slurs against a Muslim, and an Iraqi one at that. That kind of racism is often ignored in this day and age, or even seen as just "rooting for team USA" by putting down "the other side".

Why should I not watch my favourite show because of her ignorant ass?

Ginger' date=' I also love going for walks in the park, that doesn't mean I'll stop when I see gangs or people yelling racist comments to eachother. Instead of avoiding it, I'll instead stand up and say something against it.[/quote']

Exactly. Ignoring it's not helping. Maybe it won't make a clear difference, but you never know. Bitch is wrecking my favourite show, and I have a right to complain about it.

And again, I guarantee that this would not be ignored if these weren't slurs against a Muslim, and an Iraqi one at that. That kind of racism is often ignored in this day and age, or even seen as just "rooting for team USA" by putting down "the other side".

As for the "Gangs" I don't know what city you live in or if the gang you refer to is a bunch of 10 y/o's but I'd like to see you stand up to a "gang" let's say somewhere in the middle of central park late at night. Let's not kid ourselves here--WHY IS IT YOUR FAVORITE SHOW, because of all the bashing, sneakiness and good looking men and women who are occasionally going to say something people don't agree on.

Everyone seems to think that Freedom of Speech does not include racist remarks and unfortunately it does.

As for the other quote: you called her a "bitch" need I say more. Some people do not like that term when referred to women, but it's your right to say it and someone's right to complain about it.

Go Kaysar. You rock my world!

Ginger' date=' I also love going for walks in the park, that doesn't mean I'll stop when I see gangs or people yelling racist comments to eachother. Instead of avoiding it, I'll instead stand up and say something against it.[/quote']

As for the "Gangs" I don't know what city you live in or if the gang you refer to is a bunch of 10 y/o's but I'd like to see you stand up to a "gang" let's say somewhere in the middle of central park late at night. Let's not kid ourselves here--WHY IS IT YOUR FAVORITE SHOW, because of all the bashing, sneakiness and good looking men and women who are occasionally going to say something people don't agree on.

Everyone seems to think that Freedom of Speech does not include racist remarks and unfortunately it does.

As for the other quote: you called her a "bitch" need I say more. Some people do not like that term when referred to women, but it's your right to say it and someone's right to complain about it.

Fine I take back "bitch"

Why are we picking each other apart, here, over Ivette?

Fine I take back "bitch"

Why are we picking each other apart, here, over Ivette?

My post wasn't meant to pick apart anyone. If anyone actually READ IT I said I understood where all parties were coming from. I said that CBS doesn't care who complains...they may even refund your money for the feeds if they are getting offensive. My main point was that is something is so offensive and disgusting to someone - DON'T FEED INTO IT. That's all I was saying.

I think Ivette got a warning of some kind last night. I also heard her saying something to Maggie or April last night about wondering if she would be leaving which I found odd. I think she just received a warning and I think if true that was the right thing to do as long as they warned her she'd be gone if she keeps it up. So far she hasn't done it again but with her who knows if she can keep her mouth shut for long.

I am gald she was warned. I don't think she needs to be completely off the show unless she disregards the warnings.

One's words can be a form of verbal attack, especially when they are as blatantly discriminatory as Ivette's. I think she should be given a 3 warning minimum, after which she should be asked to leave. Otherwise CBS is encouraging her to just continue on. There has to be some sort of consequence for that, or at least I would hope there would be. She's not telling him off because he's an idiot or what have you. She's specifically targetting his culture.  I wonder how impressed the Muslim population is at witnessing this? Also, this concept of freedom that people seem to be arguing over on this thread works both ways. Does Kaysar not have the right to be treated equally as an American citizen, free from discrimination as his other fellow housemates? Seriously, this is an issue that CBS needs to address. Disagree with eachother all you want, but neither side nor individual should be allowed to conduct themselves in such a manner. Frig, I wonder how long CBS would have tolerated someone in the house if they were calling people the "n" words here or there?  I know for a fact it wouldn't fly with CBS, so why is it being promoted when it's someone of Muslim descent. To further this, not only is not bieng dealt with, it's being hidden. My gosh, they still continue to portray Ivette as some innocent, sweet girl. It's sickening.

Very well put. I am in total agreement.

Guest flashgordon26

Yes in real life free speech may allow ignorant people to make racist and bigoted comments but this is NOT real life. This is an entertainment program being broadcast by CBS on their tv network and internet sight. The people on the show are paid employees of CBS , hired as entertainment for a reality show. No CBS scripted show or website feature would allow a performer to behave in a racist manner. If someone is behaving in a manner that disgraces the network, which is there employer, CBS has every right to remove them.

Guest Baby Boo
Yes in real life free speech may allow ignorant people to make racist and bigoted comments but this is NOT real life. This is an entertainment program being broadcast by CBS on their tv network and internet sight. The people on the show are paid employees of CBS , hired as entertainment for a reality show. No CBS scripted show or website feature would allow a performer to behave in a racist manner. If someone is behaving in a manner that disgraces the network, which is there employer, CBS has every right to remove them.

Exactly! People seem to think that if she gets kicked off the show she will be killed or have her mouth sewn shut. No, she will still be able to say whatever horrible things she wants to. Taking her off the show is NOT taking away her free speech.

Guest CrazyforKaysar

am i the only one in the dark here? what was said? was it about my darling Kaysar?!?! say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest unleash
am i the only one in the dark here?  what was said?  was it about my darling Kaysar?!?!  say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Ivette made more racist comments towards Kaysar

Guest Bourbon
Ginger, I also love going for walks in the park, that doesn't mean I'll stop when I see gangs or people yelling racist comments to eachother. Instead of avoiding it, I'll instead stand up and say something against it.

But if you signed a contract prior to taking a walk in the park that you agreed to do so despite a possibility of gang activity (As is the case when you signed the contract to watch BB live feeds with the chance of objectionable material) then complaining about the gangs will do what exactly? Reaffirm the fact that there are in fact gangs in the park and nothing more. A waste of time any way you look at it.

I'm sick and tired of people using the free speech amendment to justify intolerable, racist comments. You can spit it out in the privacy of your own home, we could give a damn. But CBS has a responsibility, can they allow such hateful rhetoric to continue without any official condemnation or action taken against it. Had this person called an African-American a n****r or called a German American a Nazi, CBS would have taken swift action.

Turning off the live feed is not going to do anything because the racism is still allowed to continue and the offender goes out without any scorn. Other action should be taken against her, such as kicking her off. We are a diverse nation, and respect every people, Ivette should know that.