Demi and Ashton

salter-path

Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher: Pregnant!

demiashton1759ge.jpg

When friends of Ashton Kutcher gathered recently for a night out at the new Hollywood hot spot he owns, the Geisha restaurant, they were astounded when the 27-year-old star dropped a bombshell: Demi Moore, 42, his beautiful girlfriend of almost two years, is pregnant! "Halfway through the meal, he told us there was a baby on the way," says a stunned source. In fact, Star has learned that Demi is eight-weeks pregnant, with a due date some time in October.

Demi received the happy news March 4, at an appointment at the Beverly Hills clinic, Woman's Care. She sat there "completely stunned," according to a friend. "She broke into this huge grin and you could tell she was absolutely thrilled." At first, she was afraid to tell anyone - even Ashton! But after calming down, "she absolutely couldn't wait," the friend says. "And when she got him on the phone, she blurted, 'Honey, I'm pregnant!'" Demi, says the friend, said the baby is exactly what she and Ashton had wanted. And there are already tell-tale signs that Demi is expecting. At the premiere for Ashton's new movie 'Guess Who,' the heavy-smoking actress didn't even take a puff, and sipped water instead of her usual caffeinated energy drink, Red Bull.

Even though the news is traveling fast in their social circle, Demi's keeping mum - at least in public - about being a mom again. That's not so surprising, as she suffered a painful miscarriage in 1997 in the final days of her marriage to Bruce Willis. And even Ashton, when asked publicly about his impending fatherhood at the Hollywood premiere of 'Guess Who,' denied the pregnancy. Was this at Demi's request? "Demi won't officially announce it until the third month of her pregnancy," says a source. "She's superstitious because she lost a baby before."

• 3 weeks later...

'I Do' for Demi and Ashton?

AshtonKutcher-DemiMoore_300x298.jpg

Are Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore ready to "sew the two soul-halves together, creating one new whole soul"? What, you're not up on your Kabbalah-speak? We're trying to tell you the May-September lovebirds may be looking to make things legal.

As the great Demi uterus watch of 2005 rages on, insiders blab to People that Dashmi ordered wedding rings last month from swanky celebrity jeweler Neil Lane. While there's no official word from the couple's reps or the usually chatty Lane, a mole insists to the mag, "The wedding is being planned."

Of course, these same aisle-walk rumors circulated this time last year, with one report claiming that Ashton, 27, and Demi, 42, had said "I do" during a Kabbalah retreat in Florida. But that was before the baby talk, which is growing louder thanks to some loose-lipped insiders.

Moore "is definitely pregnant. She's about two months," one confidante blabs to People. Another adds that the mom of three is understandably concerned about over-sharing at such an early stage.

The actress' rep, meanwhile, is sticking with his original statement, which is equal parts cryptic and enlightening: "Having another child is something Demi would like to do, but she cannot at this time [emphasis ours] say she is pregnant."

Kutcher has also deflected the pregnancy whispers, using his patented "Punk'd" wit to dodge prying questions. "Why am I the last person to find out everything? I'm going to be a daddy? God, no one tells me anything," he joked at a press conference for "Guess Who." In an interview with David Letterman, he dismissed the rumors, quipping, "I mean, we had sex this week, so it could be ... If she is, I gotta go find some guy and kick his ass."

The dewy doofus may be coy about becoming a daddy, but he's open about making his sweetheart of nearly two years his top priority. "Spending time with Demi would be my No. 1 passion ... " he told Brad Pitt in the April issue of Interview. That passion extends to putting in lots of quality time with her daughters -- Rumer, 16, Scout, 13, and Tallulah, 11 -- from her marriage to Bruce Willis.

"They call me the MOD [My Other Dad], but I would say I'm more like the MAD: My Assistant Dad," Kutcher told USA Today of the trio. "Bruce, frankly, doesn't need any help, because he's such a good dad for the girls. But they didn't know what to call me. It's not stepdad, and they didn't know what to tell other people who were asking."

Kutcher has denied that a wedding is imminent ("The whole world knows what's going on with me before I do," he complained to the paper. "They've had us getting married eight times and still, I'm not. Nor am I in the process."), but if he and Demi do decide to get hitched, expect Willis to be on the guest list, though not, as some reports have claimed, as the officiate.

The exes have set the standard for how to have a friendly Hollywood divorce, and Willis says he and Kutcher have become "great friends." "Ashton is a really great guy," the bald-pated actor recently told People, "and a really thoughtful, introspective guy who loves my kids as well."

Time will tell whether that offspring affection will be mutual.

Guest XandraSkye
These rumors have been floating around since they started dating and I have a feeling they will never stop until they either 1) get married or 2) break up.

• 5 months later...

Reuters100x26.jpg

Wedding News

Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore: 'Just Married?'

demimoorekutcher.jpg

Newlyweds? Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore

LOS ANGELES, California - Actors Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher were married on Saturday, September 24, capping their celebrated two-year-long older woman, younger man relationship, two celebrity magazines reported. Representatives for Kutcher, 27, and Moore, 42, could not be immediately reached for comment, but both Us Weekly and People magazine reported on their Web sites that the couple were married in Los Angeles area.

Us Weekly reported that the wedding was attended by about 100 of the couple's friends, including Moore's second husband, Bruce Willis. Also at the wedding were actress Lucy Liu and Moore's three daughters from her marriage to Willis. It was the first marriage for Kutcher and third for Moore. She was married from 1980 to 1984 to rock musician Freddie Moore and from 1987 to 2000 to Willis.

Moore, who starred in "Ghost," "G.I. Jane" and "Striptease," first began dating the younger Kutcher in 2003, just as she was making a highly publicized return to the screen as a high-kicking villain in "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle."

ashtonetdemi51.JPG

Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore

Kutcher, whose break came as a star in television's "That '70s Show," is co-creator of the MTV reality show "Punk'd." His films include "Just Married" in 2003, "Guess Who" in 2005 and "Dude, Where's My Car?" in 2000.

People Magazine said Kutcher and Moore met at a dinner in New York City in 2003. After Kutcher began dating Moore, the magazine said "he quickly carved out a place in the lives of her three daughters by Willis -- Rumer, 17; Scout, 14; and Tallulah, 11 --who came to embrace Kutcher as a third parent, affectionately calling him MOD, short for 'My Other Dad."'

The relationship between Moore and Kutcher has been seen by some in Hollywood as evidence of a liberating new trend in which older American women are dating younger men, challenging the traditional convention of May-December romances.

eonlinesmlogo.jpg

Wedding News

Ashton and Demi: 'A Lot Like Marriage'

kutcher_moore2.jpg

The Happy Couple . . . Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore

Demi Moore just got "Punk'd." The erstwhile Brat Packer became Mrs. Ashton Kutcher on the evening of Saturday, September 24 in a top-secret ceremony, Us Weekly and People reported recently. Representatives for both actors declined to comment on the marriage, but both magazines said the deed took place in the Los Angeles-area around 10 p.m. in front of 100 guests. The wedding was described as put together at the last minute and was a traditional Kabbalah ceremony.

Moore, 42, and Kutcher, 27, swapped vows at Moore's home with ex-husband, Bruce Willis and her "Charlie's Angel: Full Throttle" costar, Lucy Liu looking on, according to Us, which was first out of the gate with the nuptial news. Per People, the ceremony location was a bit more vague, taking place at "a private Beverly Hills residence."

The magazine reported the attendees also included Punky Brewster alumna, Soleil Moon Frye and her husband, Jason Goldberg, who is Kutcher's producing partner. Both publications agreed that Moore and Willis' three daugthers--Rumer, 17; Scout, 14; and Tallulah, 11--were on hand to see their mom marry the guy they call MOD, for "My Other Dad."

ashton_kutcher82.jpg

One happy family as they attend the premiere of 'Charlie's Angels.'

In back, (left to right): Bruce Willis, Rumer Willis, Ashton Kutcher

and Demi Moore. In front, (left to right): Scout and Tallulah Willis.

This is the first marriage for Kutcher, who had previously dated actresses his own age--Brittany Murphy and Ashley Scott--before hooking up with Moore. The "Ghost" star has two previous trips down the aisle to her credit: She was married to musician, Freddy Moore from 1980 to 1984 and to Willis from 1987 to 2000. By all accounts, Moore and Willis have remained tight, and he has come to befriend Kutcher.

Moore and Kutcher first began turning heads--and making tabloid headlines--in April 2003. Jaws dropped in June of that year when Moore and leading men past and present, Willis and Kutcher, accompanied by the three girls, turned up en masse for the premiere of Moore's ostensible comeback vehicle, "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle."

They have since denied a slew of reports claiming secret weddings and hidden pregnancies. With tabs alleging Moore was with child last month, Kutcher cracked some humor at David Letterman during a talk show appearance on his late show talkfest, "Why am I the last person to find out everything? I'm going to be a daddy? God, no one tells me anything."

demi_moore_ashton1.jpg

Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher

After rising to fame in the 1980s in such films as "St. Elmo's Fire" and "About Last Night...," Moore became one of Hollywood's most bankable actresses in the early 1990s with a string of hits, including "Ghost," "A Few Good Men," "Indecent Proposal" and "Disclosure." She took a brief hiatus in the late '90s to focus on motherhood before returing to the big screen in 'Full Throttle.' Next up is the thriller, "Half Light."

A former Calvin Klein underwear model, Kutcher's acting career took off on "That '70s Show." He has gone on to mastermind the MTV candid-camera series, "Punk'd" and starred in such films as "Dude, Where's My Car," "Cheaper by the Dozen," "The Butterfly Effect" and, most recently, "Guess Who" and "A Lot Like Love." He's lending his voice to the upcoming 'toon, "Open Season" and stars opposite Kevin Costner in the horror flick, "The Guardian." Both films are slated for release in 2006.

Jury Service Almost Wrecked Wedding

Ashton Kutcher's shocker weekend wedding to Demi Moore almost didn't happen when the actor was called up for jury service last week. The "Punk'd" host, 27, desperately tried to defer his community service, but was told he would have to serve -- by law. Luckily for Kutcher, the case he was supposed to oversee was settled before it went to court.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name