Sign in to follow this  
Yana

Season 9 General Discussion

Wow, the 2 week break really hurt this show. There is almost no activity going on in here anymore.

I watched it last night and I have to say . . . I can't stand the Tongan cousins Mutual Admiration Society anymore. Act like men and stop crying every week. Actually, that goes for everyone. It's becoming ridiculously sappy. Maybe it's time to stop having teams and going back to singles. There will be no crying for people you're not attached to.

I hate the blue team with a passion

I don't know if it was the 2 week break or the fact that American Idol has started again, I don't watch it but I know a lot of people do

I like the singles better then couples.

Can't believe I never go around to commenting on last weeks show. Melissa and Lance back together again was just a mess. I wanted to strangle her for talking him into eating 17 friggin' cupcakes. If she is so worried about his health, she should have encouraged him to work out as much as possible, pedal his ass off on the bike, and NOT eat the cupcakes. Geez Melissa it isn't always about strategy. I totally blame her for him going home.

As for the preview for this week, I hope they don't really bring back anyone that has been eliminated. I hope maybe they are just here to help with a challenge or something, because seriously, if Melissa gets to come back, I might seriously have to break my TV.

As for the preview for this week, I hope they don't really bring back anyone that has been eliminated. I hope maybe they are just here to help with a challenge or something, because seriously, if Melissa gets to come back, I might seriously have to break my TV.

Did you break your TV? :lookaround:

^^LOL. :lol:

Yeah, the whole cupcake thing really po'ed me too, especially Melissa and Lance. I don't think Lance would have eaten them if Melissa hadn't pushed him so hard.

My husband hates all the crying too. And the fact that Bob and Jillian (Jillian especially) is always trying to find a way to break someone down and make them cry. "Tell me about your father" or something like that. He says if he was a contestant, they'd be mad at him b/c he wouldn't cry for anything and wouldn't buy into that "I'm fat b/c I eat to mask my pain" mentality. He'd tell them straight up, "look, I like to eat. I like to sit in my chair, drink a few beers and eat some food." :P

I'm pulling for Sam, but I don't think he can last much longer. He's lost so much weight, and it was a shocker that he managed to pull off 10lbs. Next week is going to be a bad week for him. I'm glad he hit the button and reached his 2% before Melissa though.

Speaking of, I'm so glad she's gone again. Yeah, her logic of "I can't win" makes perfect sense, but your attitude is so f'ed up, no one's going to keep you. Plus, you are a immunity threat, she's good at challenges. No way would anyone want to keep you around. So glad the others saw through her.

This season is really starting to annoy me. I miss Melissa. She was the only one selfish enough to want to make it to the final 4. I miss the gameplay aspect of this show. Yes, I know the contestants are there to lose weight, but it's boring as hell now as the process for voting someone off is so predictable.

I think leaving teams together is a mistake that is now starting to have repercussions (Sam/Koli & Sunshine/O'Neil). You have to know that they will always vote together. Sam should have been the one to leave last night, and for many reasons. He always kills at the challenges, except for a couple bad weeks, he's losing tons of weight and could easily win this season, not to mention the voting block he has with Koli. And lastly, he looks good and could easily continue at home to win that prize.

I was disappointed with the vote.

ITA. I thought Sam was going home for sure and was quite surprise that he didn't. O'Neal and Sunshine are getting on my nerves. I was hoping that Sunshine would be the one to leave.

Well maybe SunShine or O'Neal will leave tonight, though not the way I would want. I wonder how this news about O'Neal's brother is going to impact him. But this could be classic misdirection and someone else in fact ends up getting voted off.

It also looked like O'Neal takes a pretty bad fall in one of the comps...

It also looked like O'Neal takes a pretty bad fall in one of the comps...

Yah, I'm wondering how that turns out... looks pretty scary

Tough week for O'Neal, but even with the one pound disadvantage, he did very well. Sunshine and her bawling was getting on my nerves this week. Get a grip girl (I'm talking even before she found out the uncle died). Didn't mind seeing Victoria go home, but wouldn't have minded seeing Sunshine out the door either. Glad Michael was safe. Was worried when he only lost 5 pounds. Regardless, he is doing so well. As is Daris.

They are stupid for leaving 2 teams in... they should have broken up Sam/Koli and Sunshine/O'Neal ages ago

I agree pinkie. Even if you are not into playing the 'game', it would still make sense to break up those teams, at any given opportunity. Tonight was an example of why. If Sam had fallen below the yellow line, the other person was going home. It's an advantage to have someone there who's got your back, no matter what. And I think it's weird that no one even mentions it, at least not that we see. To me, that is 'Game Play: 101'. Break up the teams.

FINALLY Daris, Michael & Ashley have realized the danger of the gray/yellow alliance and have decided to stick together. I was thrilled that O'Neil & Sunshine both fell below the yellow line. Now gray needs to be split up because I'm sick of them helping each other.

^^^Agree, agree agree!! I love that those three have allied with one another. That whole challenge with the cows last night illustrated the problem with having the two teams still together. I was so hoping it would be Daris that got immunity (Not that he ended up needing it). I was holding my breath as the three non-team people weighed in and was jumping up and down for joy when they were all safe. I was hoping Sam would go below the line, but no such luck. I knew when it was O'Neal and Sunshine, that he would allow her to stay. In fact, it makes the most sense strategy wise - she is closer to her goal weight and has been struggling, and O'Neal still has a bunch to go, although his bad knees make him easier to take down in challenges. Either way I am glad they are split up and I am SO sick of Sunshines sobbing - a few tears are one thing, but she needs to get a grip!

Next week, life will be good if the grey team goes below the line together, although I have a feeling that Koli will lose a good amount since he mysteriously had a really small number this week. But if the two below would be Sam and Sunshine - then the Daris, Ashley and Mike alliance could take out Sam. Yes, I'm thinking way far ahead, but I hope it happens!!

OH, and I am most excited to see the makeovers for Daris and Michael - they have some wild hair, so I am curious to see what the stylists do with it. I think the right clothes will make any one of the people left look really good.

OH, and I am most excited to see the makeovers for Daris and Michael - they have some wild hair, so I am curious to see what the stylists do with it. I think the right clothes will make any one of the people left look really good.

Yes, Daris & Michael's hair makeover should be great. Sam looks like he already had a makeover so there shouldn't be much change there.

I also wanted to punch Sunshine and tell her to stop sobbing last night. Doesn't she realize that everyone (except gray) has lost their partner? She should be happy that at least she's there. After losing 1 pound last week she damn lucky Koli had the sole vote.

I agree with you both... I was begging the last three to lose enough weight to get one of the yellow team out of there... If it hadn't happened this week, they would've just picked them off one by one...

I just hate that it has taken this long for those 3 to clue in that keeping teams was a BAD idea......

I must have missed the part when the 3 decided to split the teams. I just thought since both the yellow team was below the line, one of them was going anyway.

I also was holding my breath hoping that none of the other 3 fell below the line.

They didn't really conspire to split the yellow team, they just finally got their heads together and realized THEY needed to work together whenever and however they could because the other 4 there were in teams. It was key last night that it had to be a combo of grey and/or yellow below the line, otherwise the group of two teams would have still had enough votes to take out one of the three (Daris, Ashley, or Mike). Now they at least have a fighting chance, unless two of them go below together, then the grey/yellow alliance has the upper hand in numbers again.

PS - the part of the show when they were talking about it is when they were doing the stairs together in the hotel. Fairly early in the show, for sure first hour.

If it had not been 2 below the yellow line, from either yellow of gray teams, they would have been out of luck. They did get lucky that they had the opportunity to vote off one of the team members. It would have made more sense to me, to vote out Sunshine ( gawd, her bawling was ridiculous-- she sounded worse than those baby calves). But even though they are playing the game more, they still put people first. It would have caused major hard feelings, and really divided the house, if Ashley, Daris, and Michael had voted Sunny out. ( Sunny? more like Weepy--- and I can't stand the pouty face. I would love to see gray broken up, but I am also really ready to see that bawl baby go home)