Sign in to follow this  
Yana

Season 9 General Discussion

Lets start a new discussion topic for this season :)...

Works for me. Wow, weighing in with family, friends etc watching must have just been brutal.

I hate that they are sending home two teams right off the bat. Why even drag them down there and get their hopes up for changing their lives if you are not going to even give them a chance? Don't like it one bit.

I hate that they are sending home two teams right off the bat. Why even drag them down there and get their hopes up for changing their lives if you are not going to even give them a chance? Don't like it one bit.

You are kidding. That is just soooooooooo wrong! I so agree with you Sugar. Not fair!

Well turns out there is a twist to it. One team will come back. They are working out in a different place with Bob & Jill and one team with the biggest percentage will come back. BUT I missed how long they have (days, weeks, I dunno).

I didn't like that either. And it still sucks that one team will still lose out if they don't beat the other in a weigh in after 30 days. Oh well, we shouldn't be surprised at this point.

I can't believe that one dude was 526 lbs! And just in general so many 400+ people. I just knew the twins would make it past week one...it's crazy that you could lose that much weight and STILL face elimination.

My early favs right now are the cousins Sam and Koli, and maybe the orange team, Cheryl and Daris. Don't have any yet that I don't like, but we'll see the personalities come out soon enough.

They have 30 days Sugar

Thanks. At least they each get 30 days to get a jump on changing their ways.

I was sad to see the twins broken up (their sameness is sooooooo bizarre), but I think they made the right choice. James is doing a wonderful job. 100 pounds in two months is a pretty darn big deal. Good for him, and good for his wife for losing 24 pounds.

I really really hate to see such overweight people go home the first week. I would not care if someone when home that was not that heavy but these people really really need to be there.

This is why I was so attached to Daniel. I felt he didn't get a REAL chance his first time around.

So sad to see one of the twins to go home so early.

Well turns out there is a twist to it. One team will come back. They are working out in a different place with Bob & Jill and one team with the biggest percentage will come back. BUT I missed how long they have (days, weeks, I dunno).

Are they staying somewhere off the ranch together or at home with Jillian and Bob's support? I can't remember.

I don't normally watch this show, but someone talked me into it last night and I loved it! Yes there were a some very overweight people, but it could be great inspiration for other larger people to see that it really can be done (losing weight).

What bugged me last night was when they were getting on and off the scale. You see them workout, so you know these people can get around, but they hobble up and down that scale like they can barely move. Is it just that awkward? It just looks like a few steps, but maybe they are really big steps or something?

As usual, a little too much blah biddy blah, and not enough workouts, challenges, etc. But that's just me. I don't really enjoy getting to 'know' the contestants anymore. I felt so manipulated by sob stories, and also on who I was supposed to love or hate week to week, last season, that I don't even want to bother rooting for or against any or them to win the game. I'm rooting for all of them to lose weight and get their lives back in control.

I know it's dramatic to see the contestants get bigger and bigger, but they are going to have to ease up on that sometime soon. I'm surprised that the people they have can move as well as they do, considering their size. I mean, are they going to cut some person out of their house next, in order to be on TBL? It's almost to that point, isn't it? And I don't think anyone who has to be cut out of their house is going to be able to run, or even walk on a treadmill.

I did not like that they sent 2 teams home, right away. I had hoped that they were going to be sent to their own special 'ranch', when I saw Bob and Jillian stop they limos. And I'm glad they do have a chance to come back. I just wish both teams could. Like if they beat some of the teams at the ranch, or something. But the teams sent home are only competing with each other. And you know whoever comes back will be an 'outsider'. It never seems to fail, no matter how many times they do it, that they cry 'It's not fair!!" whenever someone comes back into the game.

It adds drama and will definitely add conflict.

I wasn't a big Patti fan, but I kinda hated to see her go. She has done very well at home and looks great. Let's hope the daughter keeps doing the work at the ranch. Overall, I thought the contestants did pretty well for week 2. What's her name on the red team was a little smug at the weigh in. I get the strategy and blah blah but to stand there grinning like the cheshire cat when you gain a pound and try to deny water loading? Really, who are you fooling. Like Bob said, it's the fact that you just won't own it -- just say what you did and it's a strategy - people get that, even if they don't agree with it.

I can't believe the way Bob just threw Jillian under the bus... He should have said that Jillian was right and that they did have to CHANGE the way they were to change the way they eat and exercised, not told them I'M here to do whatever you need from me... They are doing this to put Bob back in a better light IMHO, because people have started to say bad things about him, but to me, it just made him look worse...

^^^ I thought the same thing Yana. I don't think that is what Jillian had in mind when she sent him in.

No me either Sugar... I think she thought he was going to go in there and back her up, but in a kinder, gentler way... He completely stoked his own ego in my opinion... Almost saying Jillian is too mean, but come to me, I'll be nice to you...

Didn't anyone besides Yana and I watch TBL last night? Anyone?

I watched.... I am not liking anyone so far this season.. I don't know if I'm burned out or what but they are all irritating me LOL

The pink team remind me of Helen and her daughter

I KNOW!!! I had the same reaction to the pinks. And the red team REALLY irritates me, for some reason. And it's not about throwing the weigh ins, which it irritates me that they act like they aren't doing. But it's something else about how they are so uber competitive all the time. Maybe it's just a gut reaction. Oh, and brown brother is getting on my nerves too. I kinda am liking the Samoans (or whatever they are).

I did LMAO last night when they all wrapped their ribbons around that park only to find out that their teammate would be the one unravelling it.... that was awesome!!

Idk how I feel about this season. I've only seen seasons 3, 4 and 8, but I have always found a few favorites by now. I do like the gray and pink teams but I've never had more people I don't like than people I do. I'll keep watching but I'm not loving this season so far.

I KNOW!!! I had the same reaction to the pinks. And the red team REALLY irritates me, for some reason. And it's not about throwing the weigh ins, which it irritates me that they act like they aren't doing. But it's something else about how they are so uber competitive all the time. Maybe it's just a gut reaction. Oh, and brown brother is getting on my nerves too. I kinda am liking the Samoans (or whatever they are).

I totally agree about the red team!! I can't stand either one of those white trash losers. I haven't ever liked them but this week really sealed the deal for me. I understand why people throw weigh-ins, it's part of the game, I just HATE it when they lie about it. And what pissed me off even more about the red wife is she tried to make herself the victim. I honestly couldn't believe that she said "how do you think I feel, Bob?! I'm at the Biggest Loser campus and I've lost 0 weight!!" How dare she! I was feeling the exact same way Bob and Jillian were at that point and I was glad Bob let her have it. I can't wait for them to leave; they almost make me want to stop watching this season.

I also hate the Red Team. I don't believe they're there for any reason other than winning money. The wife isn't even that much overweight. I hope they don't stay till the end.

I'm still loving Michael even though he totally screwed up this week. If he shows honest effort next week I will quickly forgive him.

No one else is standing out right now and I thought the Samoans were Tongans.

Hate Bob.

The Red team gets on my last nerve!!! I think the husband should've been mad at his wife, not bob and Jillian, if they are truly there to get hearthy, she's the one throwing the weight ins and not getting healthy... Bob and Jillian are only trying to make them see that...

I'm not sure if I'll watch tonight. I know the red wife is going to pull a huge number and I don't know if I will be able to stomach seeing that. I really hope they go home soon!