Sign in to follow this  
pinkie

Season Premiere

No joke! 2 in the hospital already!

PS Dan has a great heart -- as does Allen!

No joke. It's beyond comprehension what she has had to deal with. And she seems like a tough cookie - I hope she does well and changes her life and finds her direction.

Well I wasn't really a fan of either of the black team, but I think Alexandra got the shaft. SHe lost a much higher percentage of weight than the guy, who was portrayed at least as kind of a lazybutt (Jillian commenting about him always falling out etc). His little plea about his kids etc was what saved him. Alexandra did look wonderful and kudos to her for losing 60 pounds on her own. She's 20 years old and has never been anything but fat, and it's cool to see her heading down the right road and teaching her family too. I can't wait to see who she had a crush on -- I say it had to be Dan! :animated_scratchchin:

Oh and a shout out to Coach Mo who lost 19 pounds and had to do it without a partner and on a shorter time period. YAY!

Geez o petes! Can't believe Tracy & Mo ended up in the hospital. Tracy for quite a long time considering. Don't these folks have to pass a medical test to participate? Not to mention, you start the heaviest cast ever, with a one mile run? Good grief, they are trying to kill them!

Loved Daniels' support of Shay, he is a doll. Agree that Alexandra got screwed, hopefully Julio makes more of HIS second chance. So proud of her weight loss! Amazing! Hmmmm, she has a crush...if memory serves me correct, isn't Daniel the ONLY single guy? How cute is that?

Abby breaks my heart & puts me in awe at the same time. What an amazing strength she posesses.

Looks like this is gonna be another great season. =)

I truly love this reality series.

Big Brother this show is not. If anything it is the Anti-Big Brother show.

The first episode of this season was such a tear jerker. I bet the they have 1 group hug every 15 minutes. I personally believe the producers intentionally go over the top in their efforts to make the show sappy and melodramatic. They do this through editing and dramatic music. They focus on the contestants crying at the drop of hat. If a contestant wants a lot of air time on NBC primetime, a crying your heart out over everything is your best bet.

So who are the bad guys? Bob and Gillian of course. But in the spirit of this reality TV series they are the are anti-bad guys; they are mean and ruthless, but they do it for the a greater good and at the end of each season they all love Bob and Gillian for being the drill Sargents.

I usually cannot stand the sob stories. It's not that I don't have sympathy or compassion, but sometimes it seems like a contest as to who has the saddest story.

But Abby really broke my heart. Her strength is an inspiration to us all.

Alexandra was doing a great job at home. Keep it up!

I felt bad for Tracy. I get that woozy feeling sometimes, and when I do, I know it's time for me to get something to eat, and to take a break. Sometimes it's not about digging deep, or sucking it up. If something is really out of whack, there's nothing to dig from. I wonder if she hadn't forced herself to finish, if she would have been able to come back sooner.

She pushed herself too hard, too fast, but I was surprised that she wasn't able to come back at all during the first week. Did they tell us what was wrong and I missed it? I hope she's better, and able to compete.

They never said exactly what her problem was, just that she was still in the hospital.

Her going to the hospital is not too surprising from a real life perspective.

What is very odd about the entire TV series is that for a bunch of overweight and out of shape group, each season these people are shown going through work out routines that would be difficult for a healthy fit person. The very odd part is that do it day after day and fully recover within a few hours. People who are extremely overweight and out of shape, such activities make their entire bodies extremely sore and often it requires a week or longer to recover. The fact they are shown bouncing back so quickly make me think more is going on than what we see on TV. There are just basic facts about how quickly people can to feel normal again and what we are seeing on TV definies the what really happens when people start working out.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I updated each person with their weights... All but Tracey, I can't do her weight, cause she hasn't weighted in yet...

I can't even LOOK at Abby without bursting into tears...

GOD Bless that woman

Oh my god, me too! Her story is so heartbreaking, I honestly can't even imagine what I would do/feel like if I had to go through something like that. She is truly an inspiration and I hope that she can really make the most of her second chance and turn her life around and really live it for her family.

Well I wasn't really a fan of either of the black team, but I think Alexandra got the shaft. SHe lost a much higher percentage of weight than the guy, who was portrayed at least as kind of a lazybutt (Jillian commenting about him always falling out etc). His little plea about his kids etc was what saved him. Alexandra did look wonderful and kudos to her for losing 60 pounds on her own. She's 20 years old and has never been anything but fat, and it's cool to see her heading down the right road and teaching her family too. I can't wait to see who she had a crush on -- I say it had to be Dan! :animated_scratchchin:

Oh and a shout out to Coach Mo who lost 19 pounds and had to do it without a partner and on a shorter time period. YAY!

I totally agree! I thought Alexandra was really working her butt off this week and it seemed like Julio was already giving up. I know that the only reason everyone kept him over her was because he used in kids in his plea for votes, he really laid it on thick and I think since a lot of people there are parents they felt like they owed it to his kids to keep him there. I think that's total BS though. I was really glad to see her update(I think it's really cool that they do that), I thought she looked great and it looks like she could meet her goal by the finale.

I wanna give Coach Mo a shoutout, too! I was really nervous that he wouldn't be able to keep them above the yellow line but he kicked butt! I hope that Tracy will be a good partner to him when she gets back.

What is very odd about the entire TV series is that for a bunch of overweight and out of shape group, each season these people are shown going through work out routines that would be difficult for a healthy fit person. The very odd part is that do it day after day and fully recover within a few hours. People who are extremely overweight and out of shape, such activities make their entire bodies extremely sore and often it requires a week or longer to recover. The fact they are shown bouncing back so quickly make me think more is going on than what we see on TV. There are just basic facts about how quickly people can to feel normal again and what we are seeing on TV definies the what really happens when people start working out.

Completely agree. I am a little overweight myself. I do exercise, but don't run or jog. I'm not in tip top condition, but in no where near the shape these people were in. And if I tried to run a mile, I might be able to do it, at a slow jog, but I would be in such pain..Feet, joints, muscles.. you name it. And it would be so much worse the next day. There's a reason I no longer run for exercise.

I too am a little bit skeptical at what they put them through, and then they come back the next day for more. I would think most would be practically incapacitated. I wonder how they keep them going.

I can't even LOOK at Abby without bursting into tears...

GOD Bless that woman

I usually don't pick a favorite to win this soon, but I want Abby to win. I just lost my husband on Aug. 30. We were married 27 years and he was only 44 years old. God bless her for having the courage and strength to do this.

Jeannie - SO very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

I am an Abby fan too. She has a wonderful strong spirit, and I think she is gonna do so well.

Thank you Sugar. I just hope I can be that strong some day. Right now it doesn't seem possible, but everyone keeps telling me it gets easier. Thank God I have my kids (even though they are grown). I couldn't handle losing my husband and children. Go Abby.

Jeannie I am so sorry to hear about your loss... Thank you for sharing and God Bless!!!

I agree. Julio didn't step up the way Alexandra did. Kudos to Alexandra for losing 60lbs on her own. She could be THE one who loses the most weight and ends up winning second prize. That would be sweet revenge.

Jeannie, so sorry for your loss. I will say a prayer for you. Just remember "If God will bring you to it, then God will bring you through it".

I agree. Julio didn't step up the way Alexandra did. Kudos to Alexandra for losing 60lbs on her own. She could be THE one who loses the most weight and ends up winning second prize. That would be sweet revenge.

Jeannie, so sorry for your loss. I will say a prayer for you. Just remember "If God will bring you to it, then God will bring you through it".

Thank you kiddyhouse. I appreciate all the prayers.

Completely agree. I am a little overweight myself. I do exercise, but don't run or jog. I'm not in tip top condition, but in no where near the shape these people were in. And if I tried to run a mile, I might be able to do it, at a slow jog, but I would be in such pain..Feet, joints, muscles.. you name it. And it would be so much worse the next day. There's a reason I no longer run for exercise.

I too am a little bit skeptical at what they put them through, and then they come back the next day for more. I would think most would be practically incapacitated. I wonder how they keep them going.

They would most be incapacitated if what we were watching on TV were as real as they lead us to believe, but it is not. It is a reality TV series, where we don't get to see the magic that makes the show tick. So how does a 350lbs man or woman run 1 mile in less than 20 minutes, only to feel mildly winded for few minutes afterwords, and fully able to do another incredible competition the next day, and the next, and for 2-3 months straight? Well, you can bet there is more than meets the eye going on than simply hard work and dedication.

And loosing 10lbs-20lbs per week is equal to being stranded on a desert island with only water to drink and less than 100 calories per day to eat. I suspect they are eating more than 100 calories per day.

It wouldn't surprise me if all them had gastric bypass surgery right before going on the show. To me that is the only realistic explanation for how they all are able to drop so much weight so quickly, otherwise no doctor would ever recommend a diet of dropping 10-20 lbs per week because to accomplish it it would be a no food diet, and people so extremely over weight would develop series health problems very quickly and be at high risk dying. Imagine what would happen if someone on this show, or any other reality show were to die during production? It would for production companies to reveal exactly what goes on behind the scene of a production, and they do not reveal to the public the "Magic" of how the show works. My guess is that on the Biggest looser, there is very little Health risk involved, which is part of the Magic of the show that we do not get to see on TV.

I usually don't pick a favorite to win this soon, but I want Abby to win. I just lost my husband on Aug. 30. We were married 27 years and he was only 44 years old. God bless her for having the courage and strength to do this.

Just read this - so sorry for your loss, Jeanne.

May GOD Bless YOU and give you strength and peace.

Ya'll are ruining my pollyanna view, here!

Don't worry... the show intended to be motivational and fun to watch. It is not a show about how to loose weight. It is not intended to be Survivor or Big Brother where being Ruthless is part of the game. It is intended to very light and make you want them all to win.